Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #1201
Rune
let's make some magic!

Apologies if this one has been asked before, I'm not sure I can go back through 80 pages to check, and yes, it probably is a stupid question but ...

Taking into account the old 'refillable mug is only good for the length of your stay' ruling, how do we stand if we're just swapping to a different hotel? By this I mean we have 2 nights @ Movies then 2 right after at POFQ. Are we likely to get busted for using mugs purchased at AS Movies at FQ if we choose to do so, or is that not going to be a problem? We're not on the DDP this time around.

Again, apologies if this is an old one, just found the site and wanted to ask. =)
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #1202
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

Yes, it is good for the length of your stay no matter which resort you are at. Your length of stay covers your entire vacation even if you switch hotels. Therefore you only need one mug for however long you stay and however many hotels you stay at. Hope this helps.
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1203
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
Does anyone know how many colors of mugs they have now?
From the recent reports I have seen, you can expect three refillable mug lid colors - black, bright blue, and bright pink.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1204
mskermit
Mouseketeer

i would like to add my stupid question of the day!! lol. I have never used the refillable mugs, we drive to disney and have always stayed at FW cabins so there was no need. Changing things up this year... staying at POR. ... so how do you get your mug at check in?? they are included this year with FD. I am assuiming they are on your room card and you go to the food court to get it??? someone help the refillable mug newbie!!
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Art of Animation 08-13 & 03-14
Pop Century 9-14

mskermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #1205
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskermit View Post
i would like to add my stupid question of the day!! lol. I have never used the refillable mugs, we drive to disney and have always stayed at FW cabins so there was no need. Changing things up this year... staying at POR. ... so how do you get your mug at check in?? they are included this year with FD. I am assuiming they are on your room card and you go to the food court to get it??? someone help the refillable mug newbie!!
Yes, when you have the Disney dining plan (free or paid), your Key to the World card has the mug credits just like meal and snack credits.

At POR you can go to the Riverside Mill food court, pick out your mugs, and use your credits at the cashier to "pay" for them.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #1206
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, when you have the Disney dining plan (free or paid), your Key to the World card has the mug credits just like meal and snack credits.

At POR you can go to the Riverside Mill food court, pick out your mugs, and use your credits at the cashier to "pay" for them.
Thanks! i figured as much but thought i would ask to be sure
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Art of Animation 08-13 & 03-14
Pop Century 9-14

mskermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #1207
Rune
let's make some magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspooh323 View Post
Yes, it is good for the length of your stay no matter which resort you are at. Your length of stay covers your entire vacation even if you switch hotels. Therefore you only need one mug for however long you stay and however many hotels you stay at. Hope this helps.

It helped trememendously. Thank you so much. <3
Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #1208
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune View Post
It helped trememendously. Thank you so much. <3
Actually, what the OP told you isn't exactly correct. Your mug is only good for the length of your stay at the resort you bought it at. So technically, it is no longer good for refills when you move to another resort. However, Disney has allowed guests who bought a mug during the first part of a split stay to use the mug at their next resort during that one trip.

The rules will be written right on the side of your mug.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #1209
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

posted under hubby's name again!! deleted it (my post is coming up soon!) but hubby agrees with every single thing I say anyway!!! tee hee .. smidgy

Last edited by nebo; 06-15-2012 at 11:50 PM.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #1210
smidgy
dimples

we more often do "split stays" than not. and we never purchase new mugs at the 2nd or 3rd resort, since we are on the samevacation. and we have never, ever had a problem with it. we have never had a Cm ask to see the receipt for the mug at AKL, when we purchased the mug at all star movies that same trip. (example)
how would the CM even know we were staying elsewhere first (on the same trip).? and they don't care (as it states in the sticky at the top of the thread).therefore, I don't feel guilty at all doing so, or reassuring others that it is fine to do so.

Rune, I'm sure disney would rather have more of your money by you splitting up your stay, and spending 2 nights at a pricier resort, than all 4 nights at a value resort.
same with us... we can't always afford to spend the entire vacation at a pricier resort, and disney is more than happy for us to spend some more money, rather than spend the entire trip at the cheaper resort, they encourage this by transporting your luggage for you. and transferring your park tickets to your new room key.(they don't make you start all over again with tickets..ie, go back to day one and day two prices.. they know it's the same vacation)
If you want to put your brand new mugs that you have used for 2 days into your suitcase, and buy 2 brand new exact replica mugs, I guess you can. But, you'll be just fine using the 2 day old mugs for the rest of your vacation. have fun!!!

(I know I posted this before, but the new poster said she didn't want to go through all 80 pages!)

Last edited by smidgy; 06-15-2012 at 11:53 PM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #1211
smidgy
dimples

Ok, I'm doing a split stay at two different resorts. Do I have to buy mugs for each resort?

That sorta used to be the case when each resort had it's own style mug. Altho many people went ahead and used em at both resorts anyway.

Today, the mugs are pretty much all the same. So there's hardly any point. And honestly, if you ask at any Disney resort and explain the split trip, they'll tell you .. they put more weight on the "for the duration of your trip" portion than they do "at the resort where you bought it."

That is if they put any weight on it at all.

the above is copied and pasted word for word from moderator Canadian Guy, from the FAQ stickey at the begininng of this long thread (for all you new posters!)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #1212
Rune
let's make some magic!

Smidgy, thank you so much =)
Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #1213
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

I am positively sure that I am going to get a response here! ...well, I hope.
The last time I was in Disney was 2005.. I know.. I'm long over due! When did they start using a generic refill mugs? I love the resort specific mug. I collect them! They are my souvenir!
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #1214
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fantasia* View Post
I am positively sure that I am going to get a response here! ...well, I hope.
The last time I was in Disney was 2005.. I know.. I'm long over due! When did they start using a generic refill mugs? I love the resort specific mug. I collect them! They are my souvenir!
I first stayed on property in May of 2009. They had the generic ones by then. I went again in February of 2011 and they have the pink, blue, and black ones and have had them since then. I think in 2008 they had the blue "year of a million dreams" mugs. Before that I have no clue

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century 2/15-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #1215
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

Wonder when they will switch again??

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12*OKW'12*AKV'14,SSR'14 OHANA

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: