Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #1186
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Stupid question...I am sure that it has been asked before.....but I have a question regarding the WaterPark Refillable Mugs.

We plan on going to TL on Day 2 and BB on Day 7. Are the Refillable Mugs at the WaterParks the same and can they be used over the course of several days in between the trips?
CableKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #1187
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
Stupid question...I am sure that it has been asked before.....but I have a question regarding the WaterPark Refillable Mugs.

We plan on going to TL on Day 2 and BB on Day 7. Are the Refillable Mugs at the WaterParks the same and can they be used over the course of several days in between the trips?
Yes, you can reuse the water park mug at another water park on a different day. You just need to purchase the sticker of the day to use it at the next park. I think it costs about $5 (or maybe $6) for the new sticker. Waterpark mugs are only good for one day when you purchase them without a new sticker.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #1188
theclarks53158
Earning My Ears

I swear I saw on this thread someone ask about mugs when they were resort specific. So I thought I would show you a picture of the old Pop Century mug from 2006.

Sorry so small...I can't figure it out to make it bigger.
theclarks53158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #1189
claven123
Mouseketeer

Were are the refillable mug stations at the CR?

Thanks,

D

Pop Century Resort May 2005

Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002

Numerous visits as a child
claven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1190
CNorris
Earning My Ears

On DP - can I buy additional mug NOT to use for drinks?

I want to purchase a fifth mug - as a souvenier for my wee one NOT to be used for any pop or drinks or anything while I am at WDW. Does anyone know if I request to buy a mug not to be used for refills will I still be charged the same price?? (that would be one expensive mug!!) Thanks!
CNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1191
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
I want to purchase a fifth mug - as a souvenier for my wee one NOT to be used for any pop or drinks or anything while I am at WDW. Does anyone know if I request to buy a mug not to be used for refills will I still be charged the same price?? (that would be one expensive mug!!) Thanks!
Yes, you are welcomed to buy an extra one, but the price of the mug will be full price.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1192
CNorris
Earning My Ears

Gah

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Yes, you are welcomed to buy an extra one, but the price of the mug will be full price.
BOO! I was hoping there was some sort of urban myth/secret to getting a mug just to take home. Maybe on the last day I am there or put a giant bottom sticker on it to discount the price. Ah well, glad I know at least! She will only be about 10 months old, I want a mug for her for when she is a little older but there is no way a drop of pop will get in there for her!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1193
Deb & Bill

Quote:
BOO! I was hoping there was some sort of urban myth/secret to getting a mug just to take home. Maybe on the last day I am there or put a giant bottom sticker on it to discount the price. Ah well, glad I know at least! She will only be about 10 months old, I want a mug for her for when she is a little older but there is no way a drop of pop will get in there for her!
Unless they drilled a hole in the bottom of the mug, I doubt they would sell one just as a souvenier. And then someone would figure out a way to fill up the hole in the mug so they could pull the wool over Disney's eyes.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #1194
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When are you going? I will be there in August and October. I would gladly give you an extra one to save for your little one if our dates coincide.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #1195
CNorris
Earning My Ears

Boo!

We are there in December but thank you for the offer! I will just pick one up for her while there on my last day and suck it up - it was one of those pie in the sky hopes

Does anyone know how many colors of mugs they have now?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1196
Deb & Bill

Quote:
We are there in December but thank you for the offer! I will just pick one up for her while there on my last day and suck it up - it was one of those pie in the sky hopes

Does anyone know how many colors of mugs they have now?
You can get non-refillable mugs at the theme parks. They should be a little less expensive because there are no refills.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #1197
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You can get non-refillable mugs at the theme parks. They should be a little less expensive because there are no refills.
This is an excellent idea, they are usually cheaper, with good designs. The Haloween one from 2010 was awesome
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #1198
fmiaw
Earning My Ears

Do you have to buy 1 mug per person or can you share?
fmiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #1199
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmiaw View Post
Do you have to buy 1 mug per person or can you share?
You can share if you choose to purchase the mug out-of-pocket.

If you are on the Disney dining plan you will have one mug credit per person so everyone gets their own mug.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #1200
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

If you are following the rules then yes you do. My husband and I like different drinks, so we each get our own, anyway. That being said, honestly, last year we bought a third and had our two boys share it. The poly didn't have any drinks that they liked, so as it turned out they only used it once, but we figured they could share. This year we are getting them with our dining plan, and we are really hoping they one option that isn't soda or diet. Lemonade or fruit punch please!!
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: