Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #1141
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieLocks5 View Post
we were just at ASMu the first week of April - the mugs were all the same but you could pick from many color tops...we have some black and some blue - but there were pink, yellow, etc.
Yellow is back, eh? Interesting...so were there four colors to choose from at ASMu? Or more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papas4 View Post
When did the free mug program start with the dining plan.Plan with TS,QS and snack.great thread by the way.
This year 2012 is the first year where all the dining plans include the refillable mug credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Any guesses as to whether there will be a new mug design by November. I'm thinking it's not likely?
Right, not likely. Recent precedent for design changes is after the first of a year, with mug design lasting about two years. So my prediction is a new design early 2013.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1142
smidgy
dimples

Unhappy

we don't care for the "light" lemonade either.. wish the food courts had a choice.. have light at one serving station, regular at the other. ( I don't like any "artificial" sweetener. don't like the taste and I don't think it's good for you)
ps. bring back the frozen coke at POP!!!!!!

Last edited by smidgy; 04-23-2012 at 02:14 PM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #1143
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
we don't care for the "light" lemonade either.. wish the food courts had a choice.. have light at one serving station, regular at the other.
ps. bring back the frozen coke at POP!!!!!!
I do agree!

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1144
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Question Using them for water only

We're going back for another trip in August 2012 to PORS. Stayed at PORS in Feb 2012, and bought mugs really just as souvenirs, since we don't drink soda or that stuff they call coffee. I bring my own tea bags for hot tea. We just used them for icewater and hot water. I don't know if there is a barcode or rfid chip in the ones we bought, but I'd like to bring them back and use them for the hot and icewater again. But I would be mortified if there is something wrong with that. It seems crazy and wasteful to buy more plastic mugs or use the non recyclable foam cups they give you for water. Will I be shut out at the fountains if I bring my February Mugs?

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #1145
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
We're going back for another trip in August 2012 to PORS. Stayed at PORS in Feb 2012, and bought mugs really just as souvenirs, since we don't drink soda or that stuff they call coffee. I bring my own tea bags for hot tea. We just used them for icewater and hot water. I don't know if there is a barcode or rfid chip in the ones we bought, but I'd like to bring them back and use them for the hot and icewater again. But I would be mortified if there is something wrong with that. It seems crazy and wasteful to buy more plastic mugs or use the non recyclable foam cups they give you for water. Will I be shut out at the fountains if I bring my February Mugs?
Lots to say; I'll try not to stir debate.

1. Your mugs won't have RFID chips in them.

2. There are no RFID tests or implementation reported right now, but even if there were, I don't expect a chip would be required for hot or cold water.

3. Your mugs were only good for the length of your previous stay, so you aren't supposed to use them on a subsequent trip.

4. This is where I am at a bit of a loss, and afraid I'm touching into debate -- you say you are only going to use them for water. I don't think the purchase of a mug is required for the use of fountain water. So I suppose you could use your mugs for that water, but then again, you could bring any reusable cup if the water is free.

In summary, if you're going to be mortified, a quicker answer would be -- don't bring the mugs back because you're not supposed to according to the rules.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #1146
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

All colors everywhere?

Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) available at all resorts now?

We are staying at Coronado Springs for Memorial Day weekend... does anyone know what colors are available there?

We already have all but green & purple and would love to get those as well!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #1147
Sheribo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) !
There's 6 colors?? We're a family of 5 who always buys the mugs but usually brings 2 different lids from older mugs so we have 5 colors. I have always thought they should have at least 4 colors.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #1148
Sheribo
DIS Veteran

Do they have the refillable mug program at Disneyland too? We're going on our first trip this year. It would be nice to have mugs with the Disneyland name on them.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #1149
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheribo View Post
There's 6 colors?? We're a family of 5 who always buys the mugs but usually brings 2 different lids from older mugs so we have 5 colors. I have always thought they should have at least 4 colors.
Rumor has it there's 7... someone else said they got orange?!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #1150
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup, I remember seeing a pic of orange. Actually, the green, purple, and orange were the colors at All Star Sports when they were testing the RFID chipped mugs. Have they been spotted elsewhere?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #1151
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are all the mug colors (pink, black, yellow, blue, green, purple) available at all resorts now?
I saw your question the other day but I have not seen recent reports that there are more than three colors at a resort at any one time. The standard set seemed to be black, pink, and blue, but those other colors do exist, and they may or may not show up at all the resorts. See below for more on this.

Quote:
Do they have the refillable mug program at Disneyland too? We're going on our first trip this year. It would be nice to have mugs with the Disneyland name on them.
I don't know if they have the refillable mugs at DLR, but if they do I would suspect they are the same Disney Parks design currently used in WDW.

Quote:
Yes, the lid colors that have been produced for this current design have been:
yellow, black, pink, blue, green, purple, and orange

The first set in 2011 was yellow, pink, and blue. Then it seemed like black took over for yellow later in the year.

Then at the RFID chip test at All Star Sports (now over) they had green, purple, and orange lids. Some of those colors showed up at other resorts too. I got green at Pop Century last August.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #1152
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Yes, they have them. We were there several years ago and stayed at the Grand Californian. At that time, the mugs had the resort name on them. I remember you could get hot chocolate and they let you put whipped cream (from a can) on top!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #1153
conshek
Earning My Ears

CR mug refill choices

We are going to WDW for the first time in a few weeks and I was wondering what beverage choices there are at CR.

Thanks!
conshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #1154
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

A couple of up-to-date refillable mug-related photos available in this easywdw.com May 2012 Port Orleans Riverside visit.

Black, blue, and pink lid selections (look on bottom shelf):

Soda choices at POR Riverside Mill:

Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #1155
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I notice the sign no longed says the resort it was purchased. I'll take that to mean they are now allowing for resort changing half way through your stay
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: