Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #1096
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl 792 View Post
Ok...got it. Only at our resort and one credit per person.
Thanks
You're welcome The one mug credit per person gives each person one mug which is then for unlimited use at the resort. I think you can fill it up at the food court, or pool bar. I actually don't recommend taking them to the parks with you, since they can't be refilled. Unless... you refilled them w/ ice water. Ice water is always free.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #1097
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
You're welcome The one mug credit per person gives each person one mug which is then for unlimited use at the resort. I think you can fill it up at the food court, or pool bar. I actually don't recommend taking them to the parks with you, since they can't be refilled. Unless... you refilled them w/ ice water. Ice water is always free.
Or you can pour a paper cup of soda into your refillable mug to help keep it cool when you are at the park.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #1098
kjbean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo

Or you can pour a paper cup of soda into your refillable mug to help keep it cool when you are at the park.
Or take those powder packets (we like Propel) of flavored water or lemonade to keep in your bag and use with the ice water at parks?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #1099
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Apologizing if this question has been asked and answered before. I have not read through all the pages of this thread. We are thinking of a split-stay at 2 DVC resorts. We will have 2 reservations at the first resort since all the members of our party will not arrive yet (so smaller unit is needed that first night). Wondering about buying the dining plan for that first night because I may be interested in taking my daughter to a character princess meal. So if I bought the dining plan that first night (reservation would be for 1 room for only 1 night), would I be able to use those refillable mugs for the duration of our split stay or only for days 1 and 2 of our stay since the dining plan was only purchased for that 1 night reservation?
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #1100
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
Apologizing if this question has been asked and answered before. I have not read through all the pages of this thread. We are thinking of a split-stay at 2 DVC resorts. We will have 2 reservations at the first resort since all the members of our party will not arrive yet (so smaller unit is needed that first night). Wondering about buying the dining plan for that first night because I may be interested in taking my daughter to a character princess meal. So if I bought the dining plan that first night (reservation would be for 1 room for only 1 night), would I be able to use those refillable mugs for the duration of our split stay or only for days 1 and 2 of our stay since the dining plan was only purchased for that 1 night reservation?
Since all the Resort Quick Service locations sell the exact same mug designs I think to myself why would anyone who does a split stay want to purchase the same mugs twice on one vacation? So I say once you buy the mugs at your 1st resort then you can use them at the 2nd resort you stay at.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #1101
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I did get the idea that a "split stay" at a different resort on the same vacation it would be permissable to use the same mug. But I wasn't sure what type of "rules" apply if the mug is obtained through the dining plan, especially like in my case dining wasn't purchased through the entire split stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Since all the Resort Quick Service locations sell the exact same mug designs I think to myself why would anyone who does a split stay want to purchase the same mugs twice on one vacation? So I say once you buy the mugs at your 1st resort then you can use them at the 2nd resort you stay at.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1102
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
I did get the idea that a "split stay" at a different resort on the same vacation it would be permissable to use the same mug. But I wasn't sure what type of "rules" apply if the mug is obtained through the dining plan, especially like in my case dining wasn't purchased through the entire split stay.
The rule on a purchased mug is that it's good through your entire stay. Whether it's purchased OOP or via a dining plan credit, the rule is the same.

The mug usage isn't tied to length of your the dining plan; the only relationship is that your dining plan includes credits so you can get one.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #1103
donnajz
DIS Veteran

New Mugs Anytime Soon?

We are returning in May and already have the mugs from last year with the beach scene. We really look forward to our new mugs -- any rumors as to when they will be changing them? I guess we could always just buy new colors -- but not quite as much fun. Any word as to when they might be changing them? And what colors have been available at CBR?
donnajz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #1104
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajz View Post
We are returning in May and already have the mugs from last year with the beach scene. We really look forward to our new mugs -- any rumors as to when they will be changing them? I guess we could always just buy new colors -- but not quite as much fun. Any word as to when they might be changing them? And what colors have been available at CBR?
They probably won't change until next Jan/Feb at the earliest. Sometimes they are the same for a couple years and being this far into the year, they'll stay the same. If Disney has a new 'special theme' next year, they will probably change to match that.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #1105
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajz View Post
I'm perpetuating the rumor, based on the past pattern, that we won't see a new mug until early 2013.

If you have a yellow lid mug from last year, you may be able to get a black lid mug this year.

I'd assume CBR has the selection of pink, blue, and black.

These colors exist due to usage at All Star Sports but I don't know if they are showing up still: orange, purple, and green. I got a green one at Pop last summer when they showed up briefly there.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1106
Jordansmominjax
Earning My Ears

Mugs

We just stayed at the Carribian Beach two weeks ago and the mugs had bright pink and aqua blue with Mickey, Donald and friends. We did not buy one but we should have. I agree that if you go to the food court or activities area then it is worth it. I think we paid about $3.00 for a med size coke.
Jordansmominjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #1107
FancyNancy
Princess

My daughter and I each get a free refillable mug with our dining plan but I would think that if you plan on doing even one resort day and you are not on the plan that the $14.00 would be well worth it. They make great souvenirs for those travel mug users back home as well!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #1108
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone has been able to use the 'forever' mug at All Star Sports where they are trying out the chip? Just wondering. Thanks!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #1109
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has been able to use the 'forever' mug at All Star Sports where they are trying out the chip? Just wondering. Thanks!
There are no forever mugs. Except maybe at Dixie Landings before it turned into Port Orleans Riverside. Any mug without the rules written on them are not forever mugs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1110
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Reportedly the chip test is over at All Star Sports. But from the reports when the test was running no soda would be dispensed without an RFID chip detected or a CM did a manual override.

If an old mug was somehow expected to be "forever" using this equipment then a CM would have to do agree to do an override.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: