Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #841
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelitis View Post
When we came back from MK EMH they had closed drink stations and put away forks, knives, jelly, etc. They covered everything in plastic wrap, too, which isn't cheap. It'd take a whole lot of refills to add up to more than the web of plastic wrap they used. They probably were trying to avoid people making a mess, though.
We noticed during our last stay at Pop they did the same thing ... thought that it was very odd they wrapped everything in plastic wrap

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #842
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelitis View Post
Just back from 2 nts at Sports where I took my Racetrac mug for ice water, so I had no problems. I noticed some guests watching me, so I left my lid off to make it obvious I'd filled mostly with ice and no soda. Guess I didn't need to, now that I read this. When we came back from MK EMH they had closed drink stations and put away forks, knives, jelly, etc. If I'd bought a Disney mug on this trip, I'd have complained about the hours not being congruent with park hours. If the area is open for guests to walk through, then a drink station should be left open. They could clean it and then reopen it. They covered everything in plastic wrap, too, which isn't cheap. It'd take a whole lot of refills to add up to more than the web of plastic wrap they used. They probably were trying to avoid people making a mess, though.
Well, there have been posters in the not so distant past who were suggesting taking jelly and such from the food court, in order to add to their room supplies. Maybe there is a lot of that going on, and Disney took steps to prevent it.

(Only mostly kidding)

I do think it stinks that they don't leave the drink station open. Maybe because they don't want to pay a CM to man it in case of issues?
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #843
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterLeah View Post
I just saw that on the DIS Unplugged blog, again!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #844
mum1
Earning My Ears

Is it true that the refillable mugs are now given with the dining plans?
2000: offsite
2005: POFQ
2008: All Star Music
2011: Pop Century
2011: Caribbean Beach Resort
2013: Boardwalk Villas
mum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #845
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Does anyone have any stories of guests showing up with non-RFID mugs and desperately trying to get the fountain to work? I would love to see

After my stay at POP 2 weeks ago, I can't wait until they introduce RFID everywhere.

Sorry for the Rant, but, here it goes:
I read A LOT on these boards about the abuse at the fountains, and I was still unprepared at the amount of people just using whatever liquid container they had handy.

I'll give some the benefit of the doubt of possible confusion on the official refillable mug policy and old mugs, I'll ignore that, but...

...Seriously? Using empty plastic water bottles, empty Tropicana OJ bottles (filling up three at a time while holding up everyone behind you with REAL mugs), then letting your husband top up his Univerisal Studios mug (those mugs are huge!). I also saw kids using their Disney themed water bottles.

SMH!

Last edited by FrankieDplus3; 09-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #846
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum1 View Post
Is it true that the refillable mugs are now given with the dining plans?
Yes, starting with the 2012 plans. The regular Dining Plan will start including credits for the refillable mugs.

In 2011 the quick service and deluxe dining plans have the refillable mug credits, but not the regular dining plan.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #847
SamJane
Mouseketeer

I know you're not supposed to use the refillable mugs at other resorts, but what about at the 3 All Stars? We'll be staying at ASMo, and will likely spend some time at ASMu (we have family staying there at the same time). I know you can pool hop between those 3 resorts, so I'm assuming you can "mug-hop" too?

Thanks!
SamJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #848
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJane View Post
I know you're not supposed to use the refillable mugs at other resorts, but what about at the 3 All Stars? We'll be staying at ASMo, and will likely spend some time at ASMu (we have family staying there at the same time). I know you can pool hop between those 3 resorts, so I'm assuming you can "mug-hop" too?

Thanks!
Since the All Star Sports/Music/Movies are sister resorts you can use the mugs at any one of their Quick Service locations.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #849
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Since the All Star Sports/Music/Movies are sister resorts you can use the mugs at any one of their Quick Service locations.

Except now that Sports has the RFID chip in the mug for their fountain..mugs that don't have the chip won't work at their fountain. They only sell the chipped mugs at Sports, so if you buy your mugs from Music or Movies, you won't be able to use the Sports fountain.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #850
bellelab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Except now that Sports has the RFID chip in the mug for their fountain..mugs that don't have the chip won't work at their fountain. They only sell the chipped mugs at Sports, so if you buy your mugs from Music or Movies, you won't be able to use the Sports fountain.
But if you buy your mug at Sports you can use it at Movies and Music, correct?

bellelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #851
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Sorry if this was said earlier but have the mugs changed since the Spring in colors and designs. Coming back in a few weeks and hope there are new style this time.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #852
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelab View Post
But if you buy your mug at Sports you can use it at Movies and Music, correct?
correct
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #853
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro77 View Post
Sorry if this was said earlier but have the mugs changed since the Spring in colors and designs. Coming back in a few weeks and hope there are new style this time.
Depends on what you got in the spring, how early it was. If they were still selling the red Celebrate Today mugs, then yes they have changed. But if you got the "fab five" at the pool design -- which I'm guessing you did in the spring -- then no, they have not changed. They don't change the mug designs that frequently.

Here's what they are selling now, with black instead of yellow lids:

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #854
Michigan_Minnie
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, starting with the 2012 plans. The regular Dining Plan will start including credits for the refillable mugs.

In 2011 the quick service and deluxe dining plans have the refillable mug credits, but not the regular dining plan.
So, if we are going February 2012, will we get a mug included with regular dining?

Thanks in advance!
2008 February @ Beach Club
2009 February @ ASMu Family Suite
2010 February @ ASMo
2010 October....MNSSHP
2011 February @ POR
2012 February @POR FQ
2014 February @ Pop Century

[
Michigan_Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #855
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Minnie View Post
So, if we are going February 2012, will we get a mug included with regular dining?
Yes you will.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: