Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #811
MMouse23
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I appreciate it!
MMouse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #812
lisam427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
When we stayed at the All Star resorts in 2010 they had gatorade I believe. The blue kind. And they also had the lemonade you mentioned. But we just got back from Coronado Springs and the only thing they had other than pop was lemonade and iced tea.
thank you so much. when i get the mugs i usually fill it with ice water, lemonade, and iced tea. i wasnt sure what coronado had and was debating as to whether or not to get one. now i will defenetely be getting one. thank you so much for responding!!!

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #813
IMACM
Mouseketeer

I use my mug at the Xmas party to pour 2 cups of hot chocolate in so I don't have to go back and get more as many times!!!
IMACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #814
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
thank you so much. when i get the mugs i usually fill it with ice water, lemonade, and iced tea. i wasnt sure what coronado had and was debating as to whether or not to get one. now i will defenetely be getting one. thank you so much for responding!!!
Your welcome!
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #815
lisam427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACM View Post
I use my mug at the Xmas party to pour 2 cups of hot chocolate in so I don't have to go back and get more as many times!!!
i always use my old mugs at work and home too! i love them! i have the one i bought in 2008 at work everday for water, coffee, and tea. the rest of them are used as our everyday cups. i dont have to worry about little ones breaking them and they are perfect for ice water. we get new ones every trip so my collection is growing. i really like the new mugs-my favorite mug design so far. cant wait to get the new design.

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #816
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

I read a thread about how they are trying out the mug coding at ASSp. I think it's a great plan and I hope it moves to other resorts.

One thing though - - It would be great if there could be some way to have the scanner doodle independent of the mug. I am a reduce, reuse, recycle kind of gal and I really, really don't need 4 new mugs every time I come visit. I have no problems paying the full mug price but I would like the option of using a mug I already own.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #817
JungleCruze
Stewart, you ARE the attraction...

Not QUITE getting it...

Sorry, if this has been addressed, but after watching the youtube video, I thought it would be easier to just ask. We will be staying at a mod in mid-November. I LOVE the purple mug at the All Stars, but understand they are the "test" mugs. I enjoy the freedom of getting a fountain drink WHENEVER I want. It is my understanding that the chip would limit that to a new drink every so-many minutes to make sure families aren't all drinking from one mug (or something to that effect). I understand that a paper cup with the four refills is different, but are the test MUGS going to limit you to only so many drinks in a certain amount of time? I typically go into the food court, fill my mug, drink as I decide what to eat, order my meal, then fill my cup again. And again. And probably again after that - what can I say? I LOVE ICED TEA!!! Will my refills be timed out? Or am I worried for nothing because the chip won't be in the mods' food courts by November?
1999-Wilderness Lodge
1998-Coronado Springs
1997-Beach Club
1992-Offsite
1987-Offsite
1981-Offsite
JungleCruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #818
BRC6C
Mouseketeer

RFID mug thoughts

We're just back from a week at Sports and had the "pleasure" of being part of the RFID test... Some thoughts:

1) The technology certainly kept people from using other mugs for soda, but their confusion when the dispenser failed to do anything blocked up the line for everyone else.

2) You can only fill your mug every 5 minutes. That means if you get a mug full of bad tasting Diet Coke (because the mix is off) you have to wait 5 minutes to refill with better tasting from a different station.

3) The machine doesn't always realize that it's not dispensing anything. A number of times we put a mug under, pressed the leaver, got nothing, and then had to wait 5 minutes to try again.

4) On one of the machines the display screen was misaligned so you couldn't see what it was saying.

That's all I can think of at the moment!
BRC6C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #819
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

that's terrible.

they need to revise this....

plus we are water drinkers, so right off the start it always dispensed some syrup in our cups and we would have to dump it and try again to get water. i would be looking for a refund, immediately if the system was this flawed.

not worth the aggravation.

instead of spending money on chips and cups they could place the fountain behind the counter and eliminate all this waste.
dvcterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #820
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

For the water drinkers, you can fill and refill as many times as you want, with whatever cup you want - ice and water are free for anyone and everyone.

Plus, the only way to get all the kinks out a system is to test it. I'm sure that some things will be ironed out based on the test period before it gets rolled out to more resorts.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #821
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC6C View Post
We're just back from a week at Sports and had the "pleasure" of being part of the RFID test... Some thoughts:

1) The technology certainly kept people from using other mugs for soda, but their confusion when the dispenser failed to do anything blocked up the line for everyone else.

2) You can only fill your mug every 5 minutes. That means if you get a mug full of bad tasting Diet Coke (because the mix is off) you have to wait 5 minutes to refill with better tasting from a different station.

3) The machine doesn't always realize that it's not dispensing anything. A number of times we put a mug under, pressed the leaver, got nothing, and then had to wait 5 minutes to try again.

4) On one of the machines the display screen was misaligned so you couldn't see what it was saying.

That's all I can think of at the moment!
I thought the sensor was supposed to know how much soda had been dispensed to your cup. You shouldn't have had to wait 5 minutes to get soda if the dispenser malfunctioned, you should have been able to use a different dispenser right away.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #822
BRC6C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I thought the sensor was supposed to know how much soda had been dispensed to your cup. You shouldn't have had to wait 5 minutes to get soda if the dispenser malfunctioned, you should have been able to use a different dispenser right away.
Right... I think the key is "supposed to" but we found a number of times when the sensor thought it had given us something and nothing had come out! One time we pointed it out to a CM nearby who got us a new cup, but that only solved the problem for that moment.
BRC6C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #823
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
For the water drinkers, you can fill and refill as many times as you want, with whatever cup you want - ice and water are free for anyone and everyone.

Plus, the only way to get all the kinks out a system is to test it. I'm sure that some things will be ironed out based on the test period before it gets rolled out to more resorts.
But, what about the people that it's being "tested" on? Don't they deserve a good experience also? Or at least a discount on the mug since there are still kinks in the system?
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #824
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
But, what about the people that it's being "tested" on? Don't they deserve a good experience also? Or at least a discount on the mug since there are still kinks in the system?
I don't think any of the kinks are so severe that anyone needs a discount for using the mug. It is at most a minor inconvenience, not on par with something that is ruining your vacation.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #825
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I don't think any of the kinks are so severe that anyone needs a discount for using the mug. It is at most a minor inconvenience, not on par with something that is ruining your vacation.
If it were severe, I would be suggesting more than a $6 discount. I would hope that if my vacation was ruined, a few dollars off of a mug wouldn't be their solution. I agree it is minor, but WDW is expensive. Some people will never visit again. The more money you spend on a certain product, the more you expect that product to be "kink" free. So, I still believe they should get a discount because guests at other resorts are not dealing with those "minor inconveniences", yet the price is the same.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

Last edited by EPCOTatNight; 08-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.
EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: