Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #691
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
They were both the new design. It was solid black (like the old mugs) and clear purple (like the new mugs). Both had the new beach theme...not the red celebrate.
That is certainly good news, thank you very much Especially with a family of four.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #692
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

A new refillable mug detail -- the 2012 dining plans were released, and now the regular dining plan includes a refillable mug. Previously, and for 2011, the quick service and deluxe dining plans included mugs and the regular plan did not. Now for 2012 all three plans include the mugs.

For reference:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2012Dining.pdf

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 06-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #693
manooly
Mouseketeer

I recently just booked our Disney World vacation for late August - early September 2011. We will be staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We have been to Disney World the past two years (Summer of 2009 and 2010). For both of those trips I used the same refillable mugs. I will plan on bringing them again for this trip. Is this ok? Will I see others doing the same as me? Should I even worry about it? Is there even a possibility of a CM telling me not to use them while filling them up? There are new mugs now right? If so, what do those look like? Just thought I would get some feedback. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- manooly
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #694
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manooly View Post
I recently just booked our Disney World vacation for late August - early September 2011. We will be staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We have been to Disney World the past two years (Summer of 2009 and 2010). For both of those trips I used the same refillable mugs. I will plan on bringing them again for this trip. Is this ok? Will I see others doing the same as me? Should I even worry about it? Is there even a possibility of a CM telling me not to use them while filling them up? There are new mugs now right? Just thought I would get some feedback. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- manooly

The current mug policy is in the first post of this thread. In short, mugs are to be used only for the trip in which they are purchased. This policy is printed on the mugs, and posted on signs at the beverage stations. Since they have changed the mug design, it's going to be quite obvious that you're not using mugs purchased during your stay. A CM may stop you, or they may not.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #695
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
A new refillable mug detail -- the 2012 dining plans were released, and now the regular dining plan includes a refillable mug. Previously the quick service and deluxe dining plans included mugs and the regular plan did not. Now all three plans includes the mugs.

For reference:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2012Dining.pdf
Thanks so much for the link. I hadn't even thought about looking at the new plan to see what it included. I just assumed it would be the same as every other year.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #696
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt3119 View Post
I apologize in advance if this question was answered recently, but I just found this thread yesterday and we leave this coming Wednesday. At the very beginning of the thread it was mentioned that mugs purchased prior to 2000 were lifetime refillable mugs. Does this still hold true? We purchased our mugs in 1999 at the All Star resorts and haven't been since, until this year. We will be staying at the All Star resorts again and I was curious if I should pack them or leave them at home.

Thank you all for your time and patience with this question.

I have the original refillable Wilderness Lodge mug and I use it every year we go back to the Wilderness Lodge. There is no policy printed on it and when they were sold, they were marketed as forever at this resort. I have never been stopped or questioned on the mug by a CM.
I do also have some of the white/blue ones that I bought at BLT, those clearly have the policy stated on them for only being good for that one stay.
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #697
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Wow, there were reports of black lids in addition to the original pink, blue, and yellow, but purple is a new report.
Went last August. In our family of four, we got yellow, black, and red lids. Not sure if this is "old news" or not...!

Editing my post! Ok, now I know that these were last year's design. The new "pastel" beachy mugs are different the ones we got. We'll be getting those new designs soon though on our August trip!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY

Last edited by Dizneefamily+4; 06-15-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #698
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
Went last August. In our family of four, we got yellow, black, and red lids. Not sure if this is "old news" or not...!
Sorry to say yes that's old news. Your red Celebrate mugs had choices of yellow, black, and red lids/handles. Now there's a new beach design and the initial lid/handle choices were fluorescent blue, yellow, and pink, but now there may also be black and fluorescent purple as choices.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #699
wlodge_man
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
I have the original refillable Wilderness Lodge mug and I use it every year we go back to the Wilderness Lodge. There is no policy printed on it and when they were sold, they were marketed as forever at this resort. I have never been stopped or questioned on the mug by a CM.
I do also have some of the white/blue ones that I bought at BLT, those clearly have the policy stated on them for only being good for that one stay.
Very interesting......there was no signage in 2008, but that was like an eternity ago...
1997 WL (Initially didn't want to spend the $$ for WL - )
1989 off-site (My wife's 1st time & 15th WDW Anniversary)
1975 off-site (RV adventure w/parents)
wlodge_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #700
mommy4allkids
Earning My Ears

Question

I think the NEW mugs have a more "Summery" feel; I wonder if they'll keep using them during Fall & winter Christmas festivities?

mommy4allkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #701
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4allkids View Post
I think the NEW mugs have a more "Summery" feel; I wonder if they'll keep using them during Fall & winter Christmas festivities?
I would think yes, they will keep using them, given that the previous red Celebrate mugs were continuously used for about two years.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #702
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4allkids View Post
When the resort Quick Service locations sold the previous generic mug designs they were sold for at least 1 year and a couple of months into the next year. So I would say that the current mugs will still be sold during the fall and winter months.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #703
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a stay at both VB and OKW and I saw the "Let the Memories Begin" mugs in 3 colors - pink, turquoise, and black. The only yellow one to be found was the one I brought back from my previous trip. I did not see the current mug in purple anywhere, and I also ate CS at CR, Poly, and GF. I did see a purple top mug at VB, but it was a different design.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #704
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, so forgive me if it has, but we just got back from WDW and I saw seval different colored mugs from the original three colors. I saw black and purple!!!
I just returned from 10 days at AKV & BCV.

The resort mugs are black, pink, turquoise, & yellow....although I did not see YELLOW for sale at anytime during my trip & I looked at the following resorts: AKV (Kidani & Jambo), BCV, CR, CBR, & Boardwalk.

The parks are selling a PURPLE MUG (not refillable anywhere - parks or resorts) for $5.00 each. You get a drink filled in this at your initial purchase. These park mugs are the EXACT same size & shape as the resort mugs, but the picture on them is somewhat different.

I love the purple colored handles & lids, so I bought two, just to have at home and admire.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #705
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

I haven't read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned previously, but we are a family of 5 and we have two people exchange lids, so that all 5 are different. Also, the other mugs people are talking about, are they like the halloween and christmas type mugs, that are one time fill up items?

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: