Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #646
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I hear ya....I love BW. We own DVC at BWV. Spend a lot of time there. But...I hate not being able to walk up to a soda/coffee dispenser and get my own refills. You have to wait in line, at the counter, at any of the above mentioned areas. You have to wait until others order their meals or whatever. So much easier to just refill your own mug at the refill stations. I wish BW would figure it out and do something about that. One of the few 'minuses' at BW. It would be so easy to add a 'grab and go' area there.
At the Boardwalk Pizza Window while I was waiting in line to order the person in front of me had their mug and got it refilled over there in the mug and not inside a paper cup. Now I am not sure if the Cast Member who filled it up was wrong for doing that, but I am just saying what I remember seeing.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #647
Crzy4mk2
Earning My Ears

Good info to know. Thanks.
Crzy4mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #648
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
FYI the mug photo in the first post is out-of-date. Here's a more current picture from a DIS Unplugged blog entry, although there's been talk about black lids/handles in addition to or replacing yellow:

Is this the most recent MUG at all resorts ? Going in Aug to the Beach Club just wondering ?? Thanks

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #649
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastermom View Post
Is this the most recent MUG at all resorts ? Going in Aug to the Beach Club just wondering ?? Thanks
Yes that's the design of the current mugs being sold at all the resort counter service locations.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #650
sir mousejunkie
Annual Pass Junkies

I've seen mugs for sale on eBay as well. Are those ok for use in the parks?
sir mousejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #651
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir mousejunkie View Post
I've seen mugs for sale on eBay as well. Are those ok for use in the parks?
Nope. The mugs are only good at the resort you bought them at for the length of your stay on that trip at that resort. So you if bought them off ebay, you didn't buy them at a resort and you weren't staying where you bought them. they would be a nice souvenier, but that's all. Not refillable.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #652
smidgy
dimples

well, even the mugs you buy at the resort "can" be "used" at the parks. you just don't get the drinks for free!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #653
kayjaybe
Earning My Ears

Question - exception to only using your mug at your own resort?

We're staying at the Poly (starting tomorrow!!!) and I've heard on these boards that the volcano pool will be closed for 2-3 days. Folks also said when that pool has been closed in the past, they gave Poly guests access to the pool at GF.

So....if I buy a mug at Poly, can I use it while we are at the pool at GF? They are all the same mugs, right?

I am not trying to get around the system and would very much prefer to swim at my own resort and only use my mugs there, but if my pool is closed and thus to get the "slide" experience (I've got 2 kids), I must go to another pool (as expressly endorsed by Disney), I would think I would be fine to use my mug while there, correct?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #654
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
At the Boardwalk Pizza Window while I was waiting in line to order the person in front of me had their mug and got it refilled over there in the mug and not inside a paper cup. Now I am not sure if the Cast Member who filled it up was wrong for doing that, but I am just saying what I remember seeing.
They are not supposed to. It's a sanity/health issue. They are supposed to give you your drink in a paper cup..then you can either use the cup or pour it into your mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaybe View Post
We're staying at the Poly (starting tomorrow!!!) and I've heard on these boards that the volcano pool will be closed for 2-3 days. Folks also said when that pool has been closed in the past, they gave Poly guests access to the pool at GF.

So....if I buy a mug at Poly, can I use it while we are at the pool at GF? They are all the same mugs, right?

I am not trying to get around the system and would very much prefer to swim at my own resort and only use my mugs there, but if my pool is closed and thus to get the "slide" experience (I've got 2 kids), I must go to another pool (as expressly endorsed by Disney), I would think I would be fine to use my mug while there, correct?
Not an issue. Yes, there are going to be those here who tell you that you can only refill at the resort at which you bought the mug. And yes, there is wording to that effect on the mug itself. And while I am not normally a 'rule breaker', this is one that I have an issue with. Many guests at WDW have split stays. There is no way that I am going to check into POR, for 4 nights and buy a mug there, then move over to BLT and have to buy another mug for those 3 nights. That's just ridiculous. Disney has made the mugs all exactly the same. Yes, they have that wording on them, but they have made it very easy to ignore that rule and refill your mug at another resort.

I do not bring my mugs back with me. But I do reuse them on split stays.

As far as using them in the parks...I like to bring mine and then empty any leftover soda into it after a meal. I don't drink large quantities of liquid at a sitting, so when they bring me a refill, I usually take one sip and then leave it. So, now, if I have my refillable mug, I can just empty that glass into the mug and have soda to sip on later.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #655
kayjaybe
Earning My Ears

I didn't even think about the split stay thing. We aren't doing that, but I'm with you. It is a single vacation. I, too, wouldn't think it necessary to buy a new mug if I stay 3 days at one resort and 3 days at another.

Now, staying at resort A and going to resort B for dinner is a different matter. I then think that using your mug at B would be breaking the rules.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #656
lucas
°o°

What is the price for the 2011 mugs?

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #657
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
What is the price for the 2011 mugs?
We were just there 2 weeks ago and the price was $13.99 + tax each . . . I think tax worked out to be $0.91, so the grand total was $14.90
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #658
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlet View Post
We were just there 2 weeks ago and the price was $13.99 + tax each . . . I think tax worked out to be $0.91, so the grand total was $14.90
Thanks! We'll be there Friday!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #659
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Thanks! We'll be there Friday!
Have a great trip!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #660
RebeccahAdams
Earning My Ears

And depending on if you have a dining plan and more specifically which one...you may have one on there, so you would not have to buy one... we were there 2 weeks ago and had the deluxe dining plan and we all got one free with it...well they were included.
RebeccahAdams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: