Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #631
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlet View Post
Just back from CBR . . . they had pink, turquoise, and black lidded/handled mugs while we were there. Although the mug "inventory" would get a bit low during the afternoon, each evening (around 8pm) we would see CM's re-stocking all three colors.

I liked the mugs when I saw them here a few months ago, but they are even cuter in person! BTW: DH was happy to see a "manly" color instead of just bright, "girly" colors!
Oooh, perhaps the original yellow is now a rare collector's item, replaced by black?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #632
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Oooh, perhaps the original yellow is now a rare collector's item, replaced by black?
I was wondering that exact same thing when I saw the black!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #633
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
I have seen that sometimes they run out of a particular color of mug and it varies from resort to resort. We are going in 2 weeks, what are the chances of this happening? Pink is my all time favorite color so imagine my excitement when I saw it?
A few weeks ago I was at the BW, and they had a bunch of yellow mugs and one blue. I wanted to see the pink before I bought mine, so I just asked the CM's and they brought out a bunch to restock. Hopefully you wouldn't need to go to another resort just to get your pink one!

Although now I'm curious to see if my yellow mug is going to be a collector's item with so many reports of black!

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #634
dsnyfan608
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your responses! I will let you all know what I see when I am there
dsnyfan608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #635
Sheribo
DIS Veteran

We bought one of each in March! Yellow was not popular but we needed 3 different ones. We're heading back in the fall and I'm glad for the more masculine black one but I wish they would offer 4 different ones all the time.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #636
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Question Where at Boardwalk

I have a future trip planned for the Boardwalk and I haven't stayed there in some time... I am just wondering WHERE you can refill your mug at that resort? Do they have a station in the store like they do over at Beach Club? Are there restaurants you can walk in and get a refill?

Just wondering because that was always a "negative" for me at staying at BW was that they formerly didn't have refillable mugs when others did!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #637
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Lover View Post
I have a future trip planned for the Boardwalk and I haven't stayed there in some time... I am just wondering WHERE you can refill your mug at that resort? Do they have a station in the store like they do over at Beach Club? Are there restaurants you can walk in and get a refill?

Just wondering because that was always a "negative" for me at staying at BW was that they formerly didn't have refillable mugs when others did!
As long as they've had refill mugs, they've had them at the BW. I know they had them in 1997. It's just that they don't have their own dining areas to get refills. You have to go to the bakery (and maybe somewhere else).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #638
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Still pretty much the same. You can 'refill' your mug at the Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations and BelleVue Lounge. BUT....you show them the mug and they will then give you your drink in a paper cup which you can then pour into your mug. I wish there were someplace similar to the Marketplace at BW..would be really helpful. It's one of the very few things I dislike at BW.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #639
WDW Lover
Mouseketeer

Darn!

I was really hoping that they had added a station where you could refill on your own in the store or somewhere! At the places where they don't have a food court, seems like they have added it in the store... wonder why not at BW? (I have noticed that at Beach Club and the new Kidani Village at AKL).
Though it sounds petty - I LOVE using a refillable mug at my resort! Having to go to one of the above mentioned places and getting it in a paper cup and pouring it in your cup will be embarrassing if I am super thirsty and guzzle it down in 30 seconds flat and want another!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #640
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Still pretty much the same. You can 'refill' your mug at the Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations and BelleVue Lounge. BUT....you show them the mug and they will then give you your drink in a paper cup which you can then pour into your mug. I wish there were someplace similar to the Marketplace at BW..would be really helpful. It's one of the very few things I dislike at BW.
Besides those locations you mentioned it can also be done at Seashore Sweet, Boardwalk Joe's and the Boardwalk Pizza Window.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #641
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Belive it or not,and I know I will get Boo for this but I actually switched to the POR from the Boradwalk because of this!. So as I did some research i found out you can not re fill your owen mugs,you have to goto desegated CS areas around the BW and they re fill for you. We are a very soda orinited Family and this just was not going to go over very good for us. To have to wait in line to have a cm fill your mug going and comeing from the park, just seem like a waist of time. So we made change to POR. Just our oppion
Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #642
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Belive it or not,and I know I will get Boo for this but I actually switched to the POR from the Boradwalk because of this!. So as I did some research i found out you can not re fill your owen mugs,you have to goto desegated CS areas around the BW and they re fill for you. We are a very soda orinited Family and this just was not going to go over very good for us. To have to wait in line to have a cm fill your mug going and comeing from the park, just seem like a waist of time. So we made change to POR. Just our oppion
I hear ya....I love BW. We own DVC at BWV. Spend a lot of time there. But...I hate not being able to walk up to a soda/coffee dispenser and get my own refills. You have to wait in line, at the counter, at any of the above mentioned areas. You have to wait until others order their meals or whatever. So much easier to just refill your own mug at the refill stations. I wish BW would figure it out and do something about that. One of the few 'minuses' at BW. It would be so easy to add a 'grab and go' area there.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #643
luckymom4
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

When I saw this thread, I thought to myself: "Really? A whole thread about a MUG?" But after seeing info I needed about fifteen times in the first post...I'm feelin you.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #644
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymom4 View Post
When I saw this thread, I thought to myself: "Really? A whole thread about a MUG?" But after seeing info I needed about fifteen times in the first post...I'm feelin you.
It's not just a mug, it's an adventure! LOL
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #645
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymom4 View Post
FYI the mug photo in the first post is out-of-date. Here's a more current picture from a DIS Unplugged blog entry, although there's been talk about black lids/handles in addition to or replacing yellow:

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: