Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #601
malice
i heart plunging V-necks

Still missing the old resort specific mugs.
07/95 all star music rock inn * 09/97 WDW offsite * 11/06 all star sports touchdown * 12/07 coronado springs resort ranchos * 05/08 DLParis hotel l'elysee * 05/09 DLParis * 10/09 tokyo disney * 11/10 tokyo disney * 4/11 port orleans french quarter * wine&dine marathon 2011 all star movies lovebug * 8/18/12 disney fantasy cruise * 12/12 Aulani * 11/13 DL Paris * 3/28/2014 HONG KONG DISNEYLAND * 5/17/14 DISNEY WONDER SAN DIEGO CRUISE
malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #602
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

me too - just dug out (or i should say my 5 year old did) the last resort mug we got when we stayed at All Star Movies.

She even asked if we could get an Animal Kingdom one on our next trip no sorry
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 AM   #603
seadd67
DIS Veteran

The resort mugs would of been great to!, and whats with the colors??. Pink,powder blue, yellow?. Ok I am guy,and really colors usully have no Issues with me but really could they have had at least one color that was solid blue or red, even green,there is a few guys out there that like the mugs! just saying
Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #604
nijla
Earning My Ears

I read that the refillable mugs are now for life, does anybody know if my 2008 mugs can be use or is it just the new ones
nijla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #605
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijla View Post
I read that the refillable mugs are now for life, does anybody know if my 2008 mugs can be use or is it just the new ones
That post was an April Fool's Day joke. Mugs are still refillable on your current stay only.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #606
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
The resort mugs would of been great to!, and whats with the colors??. Pink,powder blue, yellow?. Ok I am guy,and really colors usully have no Issues with me but really could they have had at least one color that was solid blue or red, even green,there is a few guys out there that like the mugs! just saying
My DH completely agrees with you! He usually just "goes-with-it" on the colors too, but he would really like to see a solid green 'cause he does use his WDW on vacation and at home!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #607
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Ya I use the mugs untill they fall apart. I have them all over the house,Garage and In the car. Ya the yellow,yikes might be doable,the light blue. the pink I dont think so. I think I am going to chuck the lids and bring two from home.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #608
simonmunro
DIS Veteran

Can you get the mugs and refills at the Sand Bar? I think it looks like a hike to the tower from Garden wing. Is it closer to the Sand Bar???
simonmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #609
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmunro View Post
Can you get the mugs and refills at the Sand Bar? I think it looks like a hike to the tower from Garden wing. Is it closer to the Sand Bar???
The only time we could have used the mugs at The Sand Bar was in Janurary 2000 when the Food & Fun Center was closed for a minor renovation, so they then sold the mugs over there for a short period of time and it meant getting refills there. However a few days later when it re-opened they stopped sellings the mugs and that meant no longer getting refills there, so as of today the answer is no. Although from the Garden Wing it's a 5 minute walk or less to the Tower when going to the Contempo Cafe and they close at 12:00 AM, where as The Sand Bar hours always changes depending on the weather and etc.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #610
simonmunro
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the quick reply! In all the years I've never stayed at the Contemporary. Glad to know it's not so far to the main CS location from Garden Wing. I have loved your posts and am learning so much from them.
simonmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #611
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmunro View Post
Thanks so much for the quick reply! In all the years I've never stayed at the Contemporary. Glad to know it's not so far to the main CS location from Garden Wing. I have loved your posts and am learning so much from them.
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #612
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The only time we could have used the mugs at The Sand Bar was in Janurary 2000 when the Food & Fun Center was closed for a minor renovation, so they then sold the mugs over there for a short period of time and it meant getting refills there. However a few days later when it re-opened they stopped sellings the mugs and that meant no longer getting refills there, so as of today the answer is no.
OK, now I'm confused. As I stated in my previous post, when I stayed at BLT last year for spring break I went over to the pool at CR almost every day and also got my mug refilled at the Sand Bar on those days. They may not be selling the mugs there, but I was able to get a refill there, and it was given to me in a paper cup - not in the mug. I'll be staying there again this summer and was planning on doing the same thing. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. My other option is to refill at the refill station at the Cove Bar at BLT before I go to the pool.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #613
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathgeek View Post
OK, now I'm confused. As I stated in my previous post, when I stayed at BLT last year for spring break I went over to the pool at CR almost every day and also got my mug refilled at the Sand Bar on those days. They may not be selling the mugs there, but I was able to get a refill there, and it was given to me in a paper cup - not in the mug. I'll be staying there again this summer and was planning on doing the same thing. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. My other option is to refill at the refill station at the Cove Bar at BLT before I go to the pool.
Well maybe they did continue offering refills over there with the mugs or in paper cups as you said, however we never bothered going there to see if they still did and I never saw anyone else getting refills there. Plus if you look on Allearsnet they don't list the Sand Bar as one of the Contemporary locations which offers refills.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #614
Idontwanttogrowup
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a picture of the 2011 refillable mug?
December 7-19 2007: Surprise Trip-Stayed in All Star Music in Jazz.
April 14-May 3 2008: Anniversary/Bday Trip-Stayed in Pop Century. 60s Era.
Aug. 20- Sept 3rd- Stayed in All Star Sports. Surfing section, then Animal Kingdom Lodge for 1 night & the rest of the vacation Port Orleans:French Quarter
Nov 17- Dec 3rd 2008: Stayed at Pop Century. 70s Era
October 20-Nov 3: Stayed at Pop Century. 50s Era. Lady Building
February 8-24.....Stayed at All Star Sports.
July 2010: Disney Land. Stayed in Jolly Roger
Sept 2010: WDW. Stayed in All Star Sports
May 23-June 7th 2011: Stayed at Pop Century. My 35th Birthday & 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Upcoming Trips:
April 16-27: Staying at Pop Century. DH & I 11th Wedding Ann
Idontwanttogrowup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #615
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontwanttogrowup View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the 2011 refillable mug?
You can check them out here:
http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/02/...-disney-world/

Super cute design and great colours (although, I gather maybe not so popular with the men of the group )

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: