Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #556
Plucker001
Mouseketeer
 
Plucker001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The Contemporary still has the old mug style. We are here until Saturday, so if it changes, I'll update here!
Bummer! I thought someone on this thread or maybe the "New Mug Is Out" Thread posted that Contemporary had them...
__________________
Elizabeth DH DS (12) DD (10) DD (8)
WDW Commando Member #59
Plucker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #557
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucker001 View Post
Bummer! I thought someone on this thread or maybe the "New Mug Is Out" Thread posted that Contemporary had them...
I had checked on the 5th when we checked in and it was the old ones. BUT! I JUST went down there about 20 minutes ago and the new ones are out now!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #558
Sheribo
DIS Veteran
 
Sheribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,047

Anybody at SSR right now? I would love a new mug. I have a purple lid from an old one so that we can have 4 different ones. Ok, so I have a bit of a collection
__________________

Last edited by Sheribo; 03-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Sheribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #559
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,926

New and old style available at Mara today. Purchased a turquoise mug....love it.
__________________
BCV23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #560
Plucker001
Mouseketeer
 
Plucker001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I had checked on the 5th when we checked in and it was the old ones. BUT! I JUST went down there about 20 minutes ago and the new ones are out now!
Woohoo! Thanks!
__________________
Elizabeth DH DS (12) DD (10) DD (8)
WDW Commando Member #59
Plucker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #561
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Was this any different then how the mugs get refilled at the Boardwalk?

When it comes to getting the mugs refilled at the Boardwalk I know that you show the Cast Members at the Boardwalk Bakery or Seashore Sweets your mug and they will give you the drink you want in a paper cup. However I remember in Janurary 2000 the Food & Fun Center was being renovated at the Contemporary, so the mugs were being sold at the Sand Bar which is located by their pool. Now if you wanted a drink over there the Cast Members working at the Sand Bar would poor it into your mug and not in a paper cup like they do at the Boardwalk. So why is that at the time they could refill them in the mugs at the Sand Bar and at the Boardwalk you get the refill in a paper cup?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #562
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Posts: 10,710

i know this has been asked before (prob lots of times) but i've gone through several pages and haven't seen it pop up so i'm going to ask again because i just can't remember.

exactly what is offered to drink with the mug?

i know milk is not but are there juices on the machines? oj or apple or even cranberry?

pop is a given and i remember ice tea and lemonade but i'm wondering about drinks for young kids.

i'm hoping some kind of juice but i just can't remember seeing any our last trip

thanks
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #563
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
i know this has been asked before (prob lots of times) but i've gone through several pages and haven't seen it pop up so i'm going to ask again because i just can't remember.

exactly what is offered to drink with the mug?

i know milk is not but are there juices on the machines? oj or apple or even cranberry?

pop is a given and i remember ice tea and lemonade but i'm wondering about drinks for young kids.

i'm hoping some kind of juice but i just can't remember seeing any our last trip

thanks
Orange Juice and Apple Juice has never been available on any of the drink machines.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #564
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

No juice. It is a bummer, my DS (3 years) has a mug and doesn't like soda () and isn't big on lemonade either. I sometimes fill his with water.

It's also been quite useful as a sand toy at the beaches.
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #565
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie
 
Minnie Lor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SW MO
Posts: 2,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Orange Juice and Apple Juice has never been available on any of the drink machines.
Actually you used to be able to get apple juice at Pop. Too bad that they stopped a year or so ago. It was the perfect drink on my way back to my room at night.
__________________
Lorie

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #566
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

I was just down at the refill station at the CR - they also have hot cocoa and blue Powerade. The iced tea is Golden Leaf brand and there are 4 choices - White tea with citrus, Sweetened Black, Unsweetened Black and Sweetened Green.

I'm assuming these are fairly standard property wide...
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #567
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,502
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
When it comes to getting the mugs refilled at the Boardwalk I know that you show the Cast Members at the Boardwalk Bakery or Seashore Sweets your mug and they will give you the drink you want in a paper cup. However I remember in Janurary 2000 the Food & Fun Center was being renovated at the Contemporary, so the mugs were being sold at the Sand Bar which is located by their pool. Now if you wanted a drink over there the Cast Members working at the Sand Bar would poor it into your mug and not in a paper cup like they do at the Boardwalk. So why is that at the time they could refill them in the mugs at the Sand Bar and at the Boardwalk you get the refill in a paper cup?
I"ve been told, by BW CMs, that it's a sanitation issue for them. It has been this way for as long as I've been at BWV...8 years now. I have to wonder if the CR CMs just aren't used to doing it that way...or were never told to do it any other way. I will say that I hate the whole paper cup thing at BW...seems to be an awful waste to me. That's one reason I seldom use a refill. mug there.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #568
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The iced tea is Golden Leaf brand and there are 4 choices - White tea with citrus, Sweetened Black, Unsweetened Black and Sweetened Green.

I'm assuming these are fairly standard property wide...
It's Gold Peak Tea, not Golden Leaf.

And yes that tea is fairly standard at each resort.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #569
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Posts: 10,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Orange Juice and Apple Juice has never been available on any of the drink machines.

you'd think with all the commercials showing fruit stands in the parks and water bottles that they would at least offer apple juice for the younger kids who don't drink pop, coffee or tart lemonade

ya i know i can buy milk or juice but makes buying the mug a waste of money in the kids can't get what they are intended for
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #570
Quasi123
You mean you have to say something witty to get tagged? I'm doomed!
 
Quasi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northwest Florida
Posts: 4,558

Anyone know if CBR has the new mugs yet?
__________________
Quasi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: