Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #541
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb616 View Post
...However, our Magical Express bus driver on the way to the airport was very chatty and one of the things he said was "Hey, if you bought one of those refillable mugs, did you know that you can bring them back on future trips? Just pack the mugs away with your suitcase so when you're ready to come back, you'll know where your mug is." He's worked for WDW for over 20 years in all different positions - resorts, parks, photopass, etc. (he's only been a DME driver for a month) so it's not like he's new or anything. I was just wondering if they changed the rules?
DME drivers are not Disney employees. They work for Mears.

And, no, the rules haven't changed. Just read your mug.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #542
cbate717
Enjoy Every Mile

Location: Rhode Island, only 1,263 miles from the happiest place on earth

New Styles?

I was posting about a new mug, but found it in the thread! Psyched! Finally!
Only 196 days!!

9.95 AS Sports|9.97 AS Sports|9.99 AS Sports|9.02 AS Sports|9.06 POP|3.09 POP/CBR|9.09 POP|3.10 AS Sports|9.11 AS Sports|12.12 AS Movies|9.13 PORFQ|10.14 Disneyland

Disney Fantasy Sept 2013 7 Day Eastern Carib
Disney Cruise 2015-Ship & Destination TBD

Last edited by cbate717; 03-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.
cbate717 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #543
lamb616
DIS Veteran

ok, just wondering. LIke I said, he';s only been working for Mears for a month; the past 20 years he worked for Disney so I figured he knew what he was talking about.

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #544
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Just walked by a wall of new mugs at CSR - they were not there last night but now I can use the one I caved and bought at the poly since I just couldn't wait!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #545
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb616 View Post
ok, just wondering. LIke I said, he';s only been working for Mears for a month; the past 20 years he worked for Disney so I figured he knew what he was talking about.
Evidently not, even after twenty years.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #546
MAJ RN
Mom to Tyler and Alex!

The mugs are super cute!! My son is standing behind me complaining that there is not a green one!! Love the new colors and can't wait to get my hands on one!!

Melissa
Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #547
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

cant wait to get our new mugs

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12(J)*OKW'12 OHANA ....Coming soon AKV'14

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #548
lakohls
How Long Until Our Next Disney Trip?

Refill Station Location at Kidani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFUN View Post
At AKL-Kidani right now and the new mugs were put out today. I got the old ones on Saturday, but today went down and the new ones are there. They are really cute and colorful.
I think I read almost the whole thread, and did not see a comprehensive listing of refill locations by resort - might make a great addition to the top of the thread?

But, NBFUN, since you are still at Kidani I think, can you shed light on the options there? We will be staying in Nov, and I honestly don't remember seeing it back on our trip last year (but I didn't have mugs then either, so was not looking). Sounds like a great idea for next trip - especially if refill station options are convenient.

Thanks so much.
2003 - WDW off property, 2005 - WDW Sheraton Vistana, 2007 - Christmas at Yacht Club, 2010 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2011 - November DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2013 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani plus 2 days at Sea World, 2015 - February DVC Animal Kingdom Jambo plus 3 days at Universal
lakohls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #549
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the new mugs and we'll definitely be purchasing them! Can anyone confirm that you can get coffee in them at POR?? TIA!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #550
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love the new mugs and we'll definitely be purchasing them! Can anyone confirm that you can get coffee in them at POR?? TIA!
Coffee has always been available for the mugs at all the resort counter service locations, well before the new design.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #551
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The Contemporary still has the old mug style. We are here until Saturday, so if it changes, I'll update here!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #552
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Jambo House had the old style yesterday, too. Haven't been down to Mara today.

BC Marketplace had the new style out on Saturday. Hurricane Hannah's did, too.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #553
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Would you purchase the new mug at another resort?

This is a question for those who are currently at WDW or will be there in a few days. If the resort you are staying at is not selling the new mug design, would you just go to another resort which is selling it and purchase it there?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #554
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
This is a question for those who are currently at WDW or will be there in a few days. If the resort you are staying at is not selling the new mug design, would you just go to another resort which is selling it and purchase it there?
But then, technically, you can only fill it up at that resort for the length of your stay at that resort. Which, again, technically, would be maybe an hour?

Old 03-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #555
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakohls View Post
I think I read almost the whole thread, and did not see a comprehensive listing of refill locations by resort - might make a great addition to the top of the thread?

But, NBFUN, since you are still at Kidani I think, can you shed light on the options there? We will be staying in Nov, and I honestly don't remember seeing it back on our trip last year (but I didn't have mugs then either, so was not looking). Sounds like a great idea for next trip - especially if refill station options are convenient.

Thanks so much.
There is a refill station at Kidani right off the main lobby area. It's convenient if you're on the way in or out. But I imagine that if you're in your room and want something, it's going to be a hike. But if you're heading out to the pool, then it's terrific.

As for the 'DME driver' knowing, or not knowing what he was talking about....here's the thing. If you ask at a resort food court (for instance), if you can refill your mug there, that you bought at another resort, you will more than likely be told it's just fine. These mugs are the worst example of the 'honor system' I've ever seen. Disney puts out the exact same mug, for all resorts, for several years running, but puts microscopic writing underneath the handle stating that 'you can refill as often as you want, during the trip you purchased the mug for, at the same resort refill stations at which you purchased the mug'. There is absolutely no way that someone can tell where or when that mug was purchased. Even now...with the new style out there....not all of the resorts have the new style yet. So, you could buy one yesterday at WL, the old style, but find that the new style was on the WL shelves tonight. Is someone going to stop you from using it? No. But it does boggle my mind.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: