Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #331
Dorie777
Earning My Ears

Really old resort forever mugs....

Hi,

I read that Disney is starting some upc coding of refillable mugs. Is that true?

If so, what does that mean re the old forever resort mugs? Since Disney sold these as usable for all future visits, I believe that should honor the terms under which they were sold. However, I don't want the hassle of arguing over the situation. If they aren't going to be accomodated, then I simply won't bring them next visit.

Does anyone have information about this?

Thanks,
Dorie
Dorie777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #332
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorie777 View Post
Hi,

I read that Disney is starting some upc coding of refillable mugs. Is that true?

If so, what does that mean re the old forever resort mugs? Since Disney sold these as usable for all future visits, I believe that should honor the terms under which they were sold. However, I don't want the hassle of arguing over the situation. If they aren't going to be accomodated, then I simply won't bring them next visit.

Does anyone have information about this?

Thanks,
Dorie
If you purchased mugs at the Water Parks you can always purchase a new sticker for $5.00 which means you can use them each time you go back to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, however this is not happening at any of the resort counter service locations that sell the mugs.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #333
joandegennaro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
If you purchased mugs at the Water Parks you can always purchase a new sticker for $5.00 which means you can use them each time you go back to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, however this is not happening at any of the resort counter service locations that sell the mugs.
The ability to purchase for $5 a barcode that would allow me to reuse some of the mugs I have purchased in the past would get disney my money....I won't pay the $12plus for another mug that clutters up my house so Disney doesn't get my drink purchases I just bring my own water, but if I could reuse one of my mugs then I might drink their pop and coffee (well maybe not the coffee)
Old 11-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #334
DisneyBuffinDE
Mouseketeer

Christmas mugs

I was wondering if since they changed to christmas do they have christmas mugs or are they the same mugs as this summer?
DisneyBuffinDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #335
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We had dinner with another couple last night...huge Disney nuts, just like us. Well, the other guy said he had 'heard' from a reliable source (but wouldn't say what that source was) that Disney was going to start using a card usage system with the refillable mugs. That in order to refill your mug, you will have to have your card enabled somehow...now, one would have to wonder if you would have to buy a mug first, show the receipt and then your card is enabled?? But he said that you will have to swipe your card in order to get a refill.
But he also said that Coca Cola was pulling out of Disney....they weren't going to be present there.
Have any of you heard either of these things???
Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #336
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The card system sounds to me like it would cause major holdups at the drink stations and how would it work for someone just buying a single drink !!!!????I personally wouldn't object if they just charged a $5 fee to use each trip and slapped a sticker with dates or something on, they would have to police it though and maybe that is the answer just enforce the rules !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #337
Just_Trish
Mouseketeer

Refillable mug question...

Not sure if this has ever been addressed and I quite frankly don't have the time to read through 23 pages right now, LOL!

Taking my elderly mom to WDW for the first time in a few weeks. We'll all have refillable mugs from the QSDP. I am sure she will be unhappy with the gawky size/shape of the mug and prefer her coffee out of a regular mug. Is it OK to get coffee in her mug and then back at the table pour it into her regular mug that we bring from home?

I would assume so since the mugs are included for us, not like we're stealing the coffee! Just wondered if this would be frowned upon. Thanks!

19 MAGICAL TRIPS...
March 2001 – ASMo June 2001 - ASMu July 2002 - Coronado Springs May 2003 - AKL Sept 2004 - POP - MNSSHP Oct 2005 - ASSp - MNSSHP Feb 2007 - POP - Pirate & Princess Party Nov 2009 – POP - DDs Sweet 16, MNSSHP
Sept 2010 - POP - MNSSHP Dec 2010 - POP - MVMCP Oct 2011 – POP - MNSSHP Feb 2012 - POP - One More Disney Day Whole 24 Hrs! May 2012 - POP Oct 2012 – POP - MNSSHP Dec 2012 – POP - MVMCP March 2013 - POP - My 40th B'day!
May 2013 - POP - Monstrous Summer - Whole 24 Hours! October 2013 - POP - MNSSHP
May 2014 – POP – Rock Your Disney Side – Whole 24 Hours!

Upcoming Trips
Aug 2014 - POP - Villains Unleashed! Sept 2014 – POP – MNSSHP Nov 2014 – Port Orleans Royal Room – Dds 21st B'Day! Dec 2014 – POP – MVMCP
Just_Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #338
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Trish View Post
Not sure if this has ever been addressed and I quite frankly don't have the time to read through 23 pages right now, LOL!

Taking my elderly mom to WDW for the first time in a few weeks. We'll all have refillable mugs from the QSDP. I am sure she will be unhappy with the gawky size/shape of the mug and prefer her coffee out of a regular mug. Is it OK to get coffee in her mug and then back at the table pour it into her regular mug that we bring from home?

I would assume so since the mugs are included for us, not like we're stealing the coffee! Just wondered if this would be frowned upon. Thanks!
I can't see a problem with that. I really don't like drinking from the plastic either.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #339
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Trish View Post

I don't see any problems doing that.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #340
SnowWtch
DIS Veteran

Stupid question but what's the rate on the resort mugs right now? It used to be $12.99 but I read somewhere that it's now $13.99. I haven't bought any in awhile so I'd like to know in advance of our trip Dec 2-5. Thanks.
March 2009-La Quinta, June 6-7, 2009-POP, Oct 3-4, 2009-AKL, Dec 3-5, 2009-AKL, Dec 18-21, 2009-POR, May 28-30, 2010-La Quinta, Dec 2-5, 2010-POP, 2011-La Quinta, March 25-27, 2011, Hampton Inn, May 27-29, 2011, Sept 30-Oct 2, 2011-La Quinta, May 29-June 1, 2012-Renaissance Orlando Sea World, June 1-2, 2012- La Quinta, March 15-17, 2013 La Quinta
SnowWtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #341
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWtch View Post
Stupid question but what's the rate on the resort mugs right now? It used to be $12.99 but I read somewhere that it's now $13.99. I haven't bought any in awhile so I'd like to know in advance of our trip Dec 2-5. Thanks.
I read on Allearsnet that the price was now $13.99 so I would assume that's what they cost now.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #342
turtlechick6
supergeek

[QUOTE=kwmyers01;38686281]I go to Disney every year in September. We were at the Beach Club pool and there was a person (waitress) walking around taking drink orders etc. I overheard her explaining to a guest that if they purchase the mugs then they can be reused forever. After the waitress person walked away I immediatly stopped her for clarification. She said that there was a recently undisclosed policy of being able to reuse the mug year after year. I was delighted to hear this since it was coming from a Disney employee. If the Disney employee was incorrect then she was misleading folks that she was selling the drinks

I also feel that if an employee tells you misinformation you should still be able to do whatever they tricked you into thinking. That is Disney's fault for not properly training their employees.
turtlechick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #343
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBuffinDE View Post
I was wondering if since they changed to christmas do they have christmas mugs or are they the same mugs as this summer?
The refillable mug designs don't change that often and they aren't seasonal. The mugs for sale now and next month should continue to be the red Celebrate mugs used for the last two years.

The only thing that may change soon (I haven't been keeping up with the refillable mug thread) is that we may see a "Let the Memories Begin" mug design soon if not early 2011.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 11-18-2010 at 02:05 PM.
jcarwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:41 PM   #344
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Just a reminder that this is a FAQ thread, not a debate thread (you can tell by the words "no debate" in the thread title). Posts that argue the validity and/or existence of Disney's policies on refillable mugs will be deleted. Posts that quote deleted posts will also be removed.

We're trying to keep this thread a useful source of information on the refillable mug program.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #345
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I'm still crossing my fingers that with so many mugs being given away due to free dining, Disney will use up all those OLD mugs and will release the new design before we get there mid-December. A girl can hope...........
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: