Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #286
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Funny, but the only thing is that the 'forever' at that resort mugs use isn't breaking a rule. That was how they were sold. We, too, have quite a few and many for the CBR (visited in 2001 and we had 10 people!)
Oh, that is good to know! Thanks!
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #287
weluvariel
We love WDW:)
 
weluvariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OH-IO
Posts: 41

Here's a tip: I buy a package of PerfecTouch cups with lids before my trip and take along with us. In the mornings after breakfast, we fill our refillable mugs, go back to our room and transfer into these disposable cups. Then we take them along with us to our destination, fill up on a little more caffeine and then toss the cups. This way we are not carrying around our plastic mugs with us all day long.
__________________
Me DD11

Offsite 1978, POP 9/07, ASMo 9/08, POP 11/10
weluvariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #288
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Funny, but the only thing is that the 'forever' at that resort mugs use isn't breaking a rule. That was how they were sold. We, too, have quite a few and many for the CBR (visited in 2001 and we had 10 people!)
However, what a CM said and what the signs over the mugs said were two different things. I know in 1997, when we bought our mugs at the Polynesian, there were signs posted over the stack of mugs that stated that they were good for the length of stay at that resort, even though it wasn't printed directly on the mug (like it has been in recent months).
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #289
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie
 
Minnie Lor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SW MO
Posts: 2,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvariel View Post
Here's a tip: I buy a package of PerfecTouch cups with lids before my trip and take along with us. In the mornings after breakfast, we fill our refillable mugs, go back to our room and transfer into these disposable cups. Then we take them along with us to our destination, fill up on a little more caffeine and then toss the cups. This way we are not carrying around our plastic mugs with us all day long.
I like not going back to room if I can help it. I fill my mug up twice and head to the bus stop. I usually finish the drink before entering the park (not that it matters) I rinse it out or at least shake any excess out, snap the lid on tight, and attach it to my purse or belt loop with a carabiner clip.

When I come back mid-afternoon or at the end of the day, I don't have to go back to my room for my mug. I just hook from my purse and fill 'er up. I love that they have a mug washing station. Anyways, I get my money's worth by filling my mug on average of 4 times a day - sometimes more.
__________________
Lorie

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #290
daraddg
DIS Veteran
 
daraddg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Haddon Heights NJ
Posts: 617

question deluxe ddp where do you get your mugs

We have the deluxe dining and get the mugs free as part of that, do they give us a voucher when we check in to pick them up or are they in the room? Have never done this before Thanks!
daraddg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #291
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg View Post
We have the deluxe dining and get the mugs free as part of that, do they give us a voucher when we check in to pick them up or are they in the room? Have never done this before Thanks!
You just give the Cast Member at the cash register your KTTW cards because it's encoded on them that you have the Deluxe Dining Plan, so they know you don't pay extra for the mugs.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #292
daraddg
DIS Veteran
 
daraddg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Haddon Heights NJ
Posts: 617

Thanks!
daraddg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #293
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #294
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,784
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
However, what a CM said and what the signs over the mugs said were two different things. I know in 1997, when we bought our mugs at the Polynesian, there were signs posted over the stack of mugs that stated that they were good for the length of stay at that resort, even though it wasn't printed directly on the mug (like it has been in recent months).
When we bought our mugs (good forever) at DxLs, back in 1999, there were never any signs that stated good for this stay only. The CMs told us that we could bring the mugs back to DxLs whenever we returned. I said even if we returned in 10 yrs? Yep, he said..even then. So...I'm guessing my DxLs mugs are good forever...at DxL!! Now, not sure how that's going to work for me since DxL no longer exists!!
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #295
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere
 
Anjelica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Shiloh, Illinois - Right outside of St. Louis
Posts: 3,198

We purchased a couple of mugs back in May when we went - I wasn't happy that they seem to have gone to the slender models now vs. the fat "models" when they were resort specific. I wonder if they will ever go back to the resort specific ones as those were neat to have as memories of the different resorts.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #296
zoebears
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7

Awesome, informative post...thanks!
zoebears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #297
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When we bought our mugs (good forever) at DxLs, back in 1999, there were never any signs that stated good for this stay only. The CMs told us that we could bring the mugs back to DxLs whenever we returned. I said even if we returned in 10 yrs? Yep, he said..even then. So...I'm guessing my DxLs mugs are good forever...at DxL!! Now, not sure how that's going to work for me since DxL no longer exists!!
See, they knew Dixie Landings was a thing of the past at that point. So good for the life of Dixie Landings.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #298
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When we bought our mugs (good forever) at DxLs, back in 1999, there were never any signs that stated good for this stay only. The CMs told us that we could bring the mugs back to DxLs whenever we returned. I said even if we returned in 10 yrs? Yep, he said..even then. So...I'm guessing my DxLs mugs are good forever...at DxL!! Now, not sure how that's going to work for me since DxL no longer exists!!
exactly. The mugs were sold in the rooms at CBR in 2000 and 2001 with a paper stating the price and that they were good for this stay and all future stays at the resort and that if used you would be billed for each mug unwrapped and used! I asked the same questions! We have many CBR mugs since 10 of us were there for the 2001 stay!! I am bringing our CBR mugs back when we go in Nov. We have used the ASMu mug as well. I got that one in 1995 and have used it since as well.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #299
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?
 
BigTikiDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 5,224

I just wish wish wish that they had a few more colours to choose from. A lot of families have more then three people after all. Makes it a lot easier to tell who's is who's. I do hve a question though, are the current mugs the same size as the past "Year of a Million Dream" mugs? My plan is to bring one of the blue lids from and use that to mark who's is what.
BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #300
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran
 
PJHuntleyCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 151

What do the new mugs look like? I have the red, black and white ones from last trip Dec 2009. Are they still the same? And - we are doing split stay this time - at POR and AK - Kadani Villages; Does Kadani have anyplace to refill the mugs?
__________________
Paula



Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
PJHuntleyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: