Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #2956
PrincessAli
DIS Veteran

Location: 'Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA'

Wondering how this will work---we will be at POP Century for 3 nights( room only with AP's) then we will be at Shades of Green for 11 nights. Anyone know if I'll be able to activate our mugs for the 14 days when I purchase them at POP?
Old 07-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #2957
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAli View Post
Wondering how this will work---we will be at POP Century for 3 nights( room only with AP's) then we will be at Shades of Green for 11 nights. Anyone know if I'll be able to activate our mugs for the 14 days when I purchase them at POP?
yes. disney recognizes "split stays". at Pop show them your reservations for shades of green and tell them you need them activated for "length of stay"
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #2958
gigglz32
*flowergrl*

Hi, new to this mug thing. I'm a bit confused on whether I have to pay or it comes free once I get the dining plan? TIA!
Old 07-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #2959
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
yes. disney recognizes "split stays". at Pop show them your reservations for shades of green and tell them you need them activated for "length of stay"
Unless something has recently changed, Shades of Green doesn't use Rapidfill since they are not Disney owned. They used to have their own mug system, but not sure of the current cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglz32 View Post
Hi, new to this mug thing. I'm a bit confused on whether I have to pay or it comes free once I get the dining plan? TIA!
Everyone age 3 and up with any dining plan gets a mug as part of the plan.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #2960
PrincessAli
DIS Veteran

Location: 'Walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA'

Hi, I know that we can not use them at Shades, but we can certainly use them at The POLY, CONTEMPORARY and GRAND!! Shades does have their own mug refill, but it cost a $1.00! Thanks for your help.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #2961
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

What kind of water do you get from the machine? Florida tap or Dasani?
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #2962
UrsulaTheSeaWitch
Earning My Ears

Hi,

I have a split stay coming up. The first 3 nights are free dining plan and the last 3 nights are a room only discount plan.
The mug comes free with the dining plan, but when I get it my first day, is it only going to be activated for the first 3 nights I'm on the dining plan, or can I ask them to make it for a length of stay refill. Will I be charged extra?

Thanks
UrsulaTheSeaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #2963
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaMulan View Post
What kind of water do you get from the machine? Florida tap or Dasani?
Filtered tap water.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #2964
Gramontherun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
All rooms except for Value Resort rooms have coffee makers with coffee pods provided. So you really don't need to do that if you're staying Mod or above. Value Resort suites have coffee makers too.
Big coffee fiends here also. Will housekeeping leave a couple of pods for each am or do you have to ask for them or purchase them. TIA Grammy
Gramontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #2965
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramontherun View Post
Big coffee fiends here also. Will housekeeping leave a couple of pods for each am or do you have to ask for them or purchase them. TIA Grammy
They will replenish them as you use them. If you need more just ask your housekeeper (I don't like the term "Mousekeeping) or call housekeeping from your room. There's no charge.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #2966
Gramontherun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
They will replenish them as you use them. If you need more just ask your housekeeper (I don't like the term "Mousekeeping) or call housekeeping from your room. There's no charge.
Thanks! Good to know! Grammy
Gramontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #2967
Superchikk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett81 View Post
Its a good point about bringing your own straws, especially if you are staying on AKL or AKV property, or AKP as straws are banned property wide there due to animal conservation.
Its just a small thing, but we stayed at AKL last year and my 2 yo had the hardest time with those paper straws (that soggy and fall apart immediately). Bringing my own, or better yet a reusable one would've saved many dirty shirts!
When we were there last year, my 2 year-old had the hardest time with short cups and long straws (as is the case with most kids' meal cups). I actually carry a pocket knife in my purse and will cut the straws shorter at restaurants when we eat out. But I knew I wouldn't be able to do that at the parks and because I wasn't sure about the straw situation, we took our own. I always take the kind that bend so it's easier for the kids. They fit perfectly in a travel toothbrush holder. That was easy to stick in our park backpack. Contains the straws but gives easy access and keeps them clean. We did have access to plastic straws at ASMo, but they weren't a guarantee elsewhere.
Superchikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #2968
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

If I have the dining plan at beginning of stay and then don't, can I pay extra for a length of stay mug?
Do dining plan mugs end when the DP expires or are they all programmed for 14 days?
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #2969
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
If I have the dining plan at beginning of stay and then don't, can I pay extra for a length of stay mug?
Do dining plan mugs end when the DP expires or are they all programmed for 14 days?
you don't have to be on the dining plan to purchase a mug. it's just that it comes with the dining plan. so I would think that it would be activated for Length of stay. just amke sure when it is activated you have your reservation confirmation showing the 2nd part of your stay.
even if I had to go to concierge to fix this I would. I would not pay extra or purchase a 2nd mug. split stays are perfectly fine and the mug should be good for your entire Disney vacation as long as you are staying on property the whole time.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #2970
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
If you have the dining plan than the mugs you receive will be programmed for length of stay which default to 14 days. They do not expire once your DP ends.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: