Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #2881
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Just discussed ten posts ago...there have been reports that you can have an existing RFID mug reactivated. The cost of reactivation (for the length of activation you choose) you was reported to be the same as purchasing a new mug.
Cool, thanks. I didn't read through the previous posts!
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 AM   #2882
dundey
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a 4 night stay at OKW. Bought 3 of the new mugs for our stay. The strange thing was when we used them the first day, the digital readout on the soda machine said they expired on 5/2 when it should have been 4/23. On our last day, it said they expired on 5/5!

Not sure why this happened, if it was an error on the part of the CM the date should not have changed but stayed at 5/2. Glitch in the system maybe..

Anyone else notice this?

We'll see what happens when we head there again in December!
dundey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #2883
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

I've never thought about buying an RIFD mug before, mainly because I don't drink soda (maybe one cup of Coke in a year), but I'm an avid lover of iced tea and hot tea, and sometimes coffee.

Can anyone tell me currently:
1- What the price is of a 'cup of iced tea' is at the resorts?
2- What about hot tea?
3- And coffee?

It'll help to see if it makes sense for me to buy an RIFD mug, or if I'll be bringing my own packets of instant coffee with me from home, and some tea delivered with my grocery delivery this October. TIA!

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #2884
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
1- What the price is of a 'cup of iced tea' is at the resorts?
Iced tea would be the same price as soda, between $2-$3 for a paper cup. The cup would have an RFID chip that works with the soda machine and you can refill 3-4 times within maybe a 2 hr time frame.

Coffee and hot tea might be the same.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #2885
noahdove
DIS Veteran

If it's hot tea you would like, bring your favorite teabag and a travel mug and use the hot water..

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #2886
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
He said he'd be right back and brought out the original signage from the "Lifetime" refill mug display and showed them the fine print which basically said it allowed them unlimited refills for as long as the "Lifetime" program was in active. The rapid refill program has replaced the "Lifetime" program so it is no longer valid.
So Disney has redefined "lifetime"?

I guess that depends on what the meanings of "is" is. LOL
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #2887
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
So Disney has redefined "lifetime"?

I guess that depends on what the meanings of "is" is. LOL
Somewhere in the fine print it said "Mugs are valid for the lifetime of your average mosquito". You see they never said whose life they were good for they only said they're good for life.
EpcotBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #2888
Mikie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Somewhere in the fine print it said "Mugs are valid for the lifetime of your average mosquito". You see they never said whose life they were good for they only said they're good for life.
Totally disagree with the lack of honoring "lifetime" mugs, but I'm not too shocked. Consumer a Reports did an article about how "lifetime warranties" are often sneaky like this too - it's not your lifetime, or as long as they make that product, it's the lifetime of that product. . . What's that exactly? Who knows?! I guess when yours breaks, its "lifetime" must have been over!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #2889
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
Totally disagree with the lack of honoring "lifetime" mugs, but I'm not too shocked. Consumer a Reports did an article about how "lifetime warranties" are often sneaky like this too - it's not your lifetime, or as long as they make that product, it's the lifetime of that product. . . What's that exactly? Who knows?! I guess when yours breaks, its "lifetime" must have been over!
Yes, if I visit CBR, for which we purchased 8 of these for a trip back when they first were being promoted. The cups were actually in the rooms and if you took them you were charged to the room. I guess that was the ploy to get many hooked. It was for life for future visits to that specific hotel. The first I did buy was back in 1995 when staying at ASMusic. I think the last that were purchased as forever was in 2003 at WL! If I ever do return, I will bring them and see how it is handled. I can't imagine that many still being out there so Disney should do the right thing and honor them some way.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #2890
Craigdarroch
Mouseketeer

Wish they could just have a chip band that could be attached to the handle of any mug... you would pay the same amount as for a new mug with activation, but be able to use some of your old "fun" refill mugs purchased in years gone by (plus, it's much more environmental, unlike the current system, which is just "mental").
Craigdarroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #2891
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

My guess is not many people will be bringing back those for life mugs so if you did bring them back and spoke to a manager he would honor it but it's not going to be a big deal

could be wrong
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #2892
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I didn't read through all the pages.

Just checked in for a 17-day reservation and bought two length-of-stay mugs. After the purchase, I asked the cashier if the system pulled my stay length from the reservation, and he said no, it would be active for 14 days. When I told him our reservation was for 17 days, he said I'd have to purchase additional days if I wanted more than 14 days.

This led to a conversation that became circular very fast. I told him the sign doesn't say 14 days, it says "length of stay." I wasn't going to pay for any additional days, as I'd already purchased 17 days of mug use for a 17-day reservation. This led right back to him saying it was only good for 14 days.

This conversation was at Saratoga Springs' Paddock Pool Grill. I plan to ask about it again next time at Artist's Palette and can ask a manager to explain it to me.

Anyone else had a mug for a longer reservation? Did you find this to be your experience, or did they honor the full length of stay? I'm not sure if this is a case of an uninformed cast member, or of Disney not honoring what was advertised.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #2893
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I didn't read through all the pages.

Just checked in for a 17-day reservation and bought two length-of-stay mugs. After the purchase, I asked the cashier if the system pulled my stay length from the reservation, and he said no, it would be active for 14 days. When I told him our reservation was for 17 days, he said I'd have to purchase additional days if I wanted more than 14 days.

This led to a conversation that became circular very fast. I told him the sign doesn't say 14 days, it says "length of stay." I wasn't going to pay for any additional days, as I'd already purchased 17 days of mug use for a 17-day reservation. This led right back to him saying it was only good for 14 days.

This conversation was at Saratoga Springs' Paddock Pool Grill. I plan to ask about it again next time at Artist's Palette and can ask a manager to explain it to me.

Anyone else had a mug for a longer reservation? Did you find this to be your experience, or did they honor the full length of stay? I'm not sure if this is a case of an uninformed cast member, or of Disney not honoring what was advertised.
The CM you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about. My cousins from Ireland had a 28 day stay and purchased 2 length of stay mugs. On the 15th day, they took their mugs plus there confirmation # to the food court and their mugs were authorized for another 14 days. They did mention that the CM had to bring a manager over to authorize this.

You are correct, a length of stay means length of stay.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #2894
pampam
DIS Veteran

In January, Febuary we were there for 26 days. On the 15th day, I too took my cups and reciept plus my reservation, to the cashier in the food court. She scanned the cups to add the extra days, no hassle, no manager. She didn't even look at my paperwork.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #2895
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: