Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #2851
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I'm headed out now to buy my 365 day mug!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #2852
BabyBelle1
Earning My Ears

I apologize if this has already been answered, but...

I have 2 of the old "refills for life" mugs from my stay at the Polynesian in 2000 and we'll be back at the Poly in a couple of months, not doing the dining plan this time... How are these used with the RFID refill stations??

TIA

1 in 88... 2 are mine

1995 - Dixie Landings aka Port Orleans Riverside - 1997 - Grand Floridian - 2000 - Polynesian - 2002 - All Star Movies -2006 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - 2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - 2009 - Pop Century - 2011 - Polynesian - 2012 - Portofino Bay/Contemporary
BabyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #2853
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBelle1 View Post
I apologize if this has already been answered, but...

I have 2 of the old "refills for life" mugs from my stay at the Polynesian in 2000 and we'll be back at the Poly in a couple of months, not doing the dining plan this time... How are these used with the RFID refill stations??

TIA
They aren't. Mugs without RFID chips will not work, at least not in the soda dispensers. Coffee, tea and water aren't affected.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #2854
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Do all the resorts have the NEW mugs now? Would love a new design.... AND.. what happens if you want just tap water to drink? Special cup????
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #2855
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Does DL have any kind of resort refillable mugs ? Anyone know ???
Also I have one RID chip mug for Nov can I bring it back and have it reactivated ? or will I need to buy a new one on my trip to WDW in Sept ??

Yes one question is for DL and one is for WDW we are going to both this year !!!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #2856
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Do all the resorts have the NEW mugs now? Would love a new design.... AND.. what happens if you want just tap water to drink? Special cup????
Yes, all the WDW resorts have the new mug design now. You don't need a refillable mug if you're getting cold or hot water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastermom View Post
Also I have one RID chip mug for Nov can I bring it back and have it reactivated ? or will I need to buy a new one on my trip to WDW in Sept ??
The report is yes, you can bring back an existing mug but the reactivation pricing is the same as for a new mug. (I'd just go with a new mug especially if on a dining plan.)

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #2857
BabyBelle1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
They aren't. Mugs without RFID chips will not work, at least not in the soda dispensers. Coffee, tea and water aren't affected.
Soooooo... They're just not honoring the "lifetime refill" mugs for sodas any longer?? Does anyone know this for sure?? I don't think Disney would do that... They validate 20 year old park tickets, so I'm sure they have a way of honoring the old-old mugs, right? I hope so!

Someone with a definite answer, chime in, pleeeease??

1 in 88... 2 are mine

1995 - Dixie Landings aka Port Orleans Riverside - 1997 - Grand Floridian - 2000 - Polynesian - 2002 - All Star Movies -2006 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - 2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - 2009 - Pop Century - 2011 - Polynesian - 2012 - Portofino Bay/Contemporary
BabyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #2858
smidgy
dimples

it doesn't have a chip, so it won't work. maybe they will honor it by replacing it with a mug for this trip, for the length of stay, or a discount on it.. all you can do is speak to a manager when you get there. but don't count on it.

disney has changed the whole system now.
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 PM   #2859
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBelle1 View Post
Soooooo... They're just not honoring the "lifetime refill" mugs for sodas any longer?? Does anyone know this for sure?? I don't think Disney would do that... They validate 20 year old park tickets, so I'm sure they have a way of honoring the old-old mugs, right? I hope so!

Someone with a definite answer, chime in, pleeeease??
I know for sure they are not honoring the lifetime mugs any longer. My Aunt and Uncle brought there "Lifetime" mugs with them on their last trip. Asked a CM at the food court how to use them and were told they were no longer valid and would have to purchase new Rapid Refill mugs. They asked for the merchandise manager who came out. They brought out their receipt from when they bought them and showed that they were listed as "Lifetime" mugs and showed it to him. He said he'd be right back and brought out the original signage from the "Lifetime" refill mug display and showed them the fine print which basically said it allowed them unlimited refills for as long as the "Lifetime" program was in active. The rapid refill program has replaced the "Lifetime" program so it is no longer valid. They asked if they could exchange their Lifetime mugs for Rapid Refill mugs and were told no, they would have to purchase them every trip going forward.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #2860
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I know for sure they are not honoring the lifetime mugs any longer. My Aunt and Uncle brought there "Lifetime" mugs with them on their last trip. Asked a CM at the food court how to use them and were told they were no longer valid and would have to purchase new Rapid Refill mugs. They asked for the merchandise manager who came out. They brought out their receipt from when they bought them and showed that they were listed as "Lifetime" mugs and showed it to him. He said he'd be right back and brought out the original signage from the "Lifetime" refill mug display and showed them the fine print which basically said it allowed them unlimited refills for as long as the "Lifetime" program was in active. The rapid refill program has replaced the "Lifetime" program so it is no longer valid. They asked if they could exchange their Lifetime mugs for Rapid Refill mugs and were told no, they would have to purchase them every trip going forward.
Well that sucks. I'd be ticked.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #2861
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

The report is yes, you can bring back an existing mug but the reactivation pricing is the same as for a new mug. (I'd just go with a new mug especially if on a dining plan.)
If this is true, I'd be thrilled. I don't care if I have to pay to recharge the mug. I just don't want multiple mugs.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #2862
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I also have a lifetime mug from WL. I still use it when I go and I don't hide it or anything. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it but I also don't use it for soda.
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #2863
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'd also like to see that sign. Since the mugs are like 10 years old, I am curious why they would still have these signs... Sounds strange to me.
Also, for the small population that has these mugs, it seems like the Disney thing to do would be to find a way to honor it. That is of course assuming the fine print stuff is BS.
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #2864
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
I'd also like to see that sign. Since the mugs are like 10 years old, I am curious why they would still have these signs... Sounds strange to me.
Also, for the small population that has these mugs, it seems like the Disney thing to do would be to find a way to honor it. That is of course assuming the fine print stuff is BS.
I asked the manager why they still had the sign. He said because they knew people were going to be upset when the Lifetime Refill program was discontinued and probably didn't read the fine print when purchasing the mugs.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #2865
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I asked the manager why they still had the sign. He said because they knew people were going to be upset when the Lifetime Refill program was discontinued and probably didn't read the fine print when purchasing the mugs.
It really isn't right they do this. I recall the first ones were 'sold' with this as a selling point! They were right in the rooms and if you used them charged to the room. That's how I bought them. It was the selling point! It sounds like they can still be used for coffee. I think I have the flyer somewhere in my stuff, I do not recall the until not offfered anymore disclaimer. Weird they pulled it out now after all these yrs of not offering the 'forever' option. Guess they stopped it when enough were buying them anyway! It was only for the same resort as well back then. We have many CB, WL, Poly Values and CS mugs.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: