Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #2836
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

I have just read the information, included in the link above, about the new refillable mug.

Let me see if I have this straight. I am not a soda drinker. I normally drink hot tea. Yes, even in hot weather. I can purchase the mug by paying the one day price, and then the mug will be available for me to get "Hot Water" at all of the resort locations. I will have a nice souvenir, and I will be able to have my tea. I plan on packing my own tea bags. Sugar, and creamer are always readily available.

I like the look of the mug, and it looks lightweight enough to put in my backpack for use in the themeparks for drinking water at drinking fountains.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #2837
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraann View Post
I have just read the information, included in the link above, about the new refillable mug.

Let me see if I have this straight. I am not a soda drinker. I normally drink hot tea. Yes, even in hot weather. I can purchase the mug by paying the one day price, and then the mug will be available for me to get "Hot Water" at all of the resort locations. I will have a nice souvenir, and I will be able to have my tea. I plan on packing my own tea bags. Sugar, and creamer are always readily available.

I like the look of the mug, and it looks lightweight enough to put in my backpack for use in the themeparks for drinking water at drinking fountains.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #2838
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

Thanks for the reply. I will be packing my favorite brand of tea, and I always love coming home from Disney World with at least one souvenir.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #2839
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Can someone confirm that the RFID is only used for getting Soda?
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #2840
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Can someone confirm that the RFID mugs are only for soda?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #2841
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
Can someone confirm that the RFID mugs are only for soda?
Yep. The RFID technology is only on the soda dispensers.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #2842
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

Regarding tea, I thought most locations where you can find the new, real Joffreys coffee, also had real tea. Either Twinings or Joffresys...
happymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #2843
Scotgirl
Mouseketeer

Dolphin mug

Can someone please advise the current cost of the Dolphin refillable mug? Many thanks
Scotgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #2844
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

what happens if we are staying longer

we are staying 3 weeks and doing a split stay. do we tell the people where we buy the mug our final departure date or do we bring our receipt to the second resort and speak with a manager?
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #2845
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
what happens if we are staying longer we are staying 3 weeks and doing a split stay. do we tell the people where we buy the mug our final departure date or do we bring our receipt to the second resort and speak with a manager?
I would mention it when you buy it and if needed I am sure a manager will ensure your mug works for your entire stay.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:35 AM   #2846
pampam
DIS Veteran

Make sure you keep your reciept for the mugs. The cashier will likely set it up for 2 weeks. When this time has been used up, take your mug to the cashier and they will reactivate it, likely for another 2 weeks. The mugs are good for all the resorts, so don't worry about the split stay confusion. I had my reciept for the mugs and reservation check in reciept with me, but she never looked at it, just renewed it for another 2 weeks. We were there for 26 days.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #2847
mkymse9
Mouseketeer

We have a split stay planned for Sept. between BLT (7 nts) and Vero Beach (3 nts). Does anyone know if our 'length of stay" mugs will still be good at Vero. I have read that Vero did switch over to the RFID mugs.

Thank you!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #2848
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

It is my understanding that you no longer to be a resort guest to purchase a refillable mug. So can I just request and pay for a length of stay mug and have it available for 14 days?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #2849
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
It is my understanding that you no longer to be a resort guest to purchase a refillable mug. So can I just request and pay for a length of stay mug and have it available for 14 days?
You never had to be a resort guest to purchase a mug, so yes, you can purchase one for any length you want.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #2850
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You never had to be a resort guest to purchase a mug, so yes, you can purchase one for any length you want.
I'm headed out now to buy my 365 day mug!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: