Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #2716
mayhet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
The last time the cups were re designed, the rumor was they would come out in January with the new campaign. I believe the first sightings were in Feb and Mar. Until the old cups are gone they never bring out the new ones.
The current mugs came into the food courts on 2-26-11. (Page 33, post #485 of this thread) There is still time. It's so funny how something like this causes so much anticipation, and I love it.
mayhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #2717
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhet View Post
The current mugs came into the food courts on 2-26-11. (Page 33, post #485 of this thread) There is still time. It's so funny how something like this causes so much anticipation, and I love it.

No joke! I'm not even sure I'm going to get one and I'm all 'is it here yet? is it here yet?'

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #2718
isabellea
Mouseketeer

I read the first page and back up to page 179.

Can someone please give me a summary of the new mug policy? I stayed at WDW before but we never bought the mug. This time we will be at AoA (little mermaid side) and I think I will buy a mug or two.

I agree with a previous poster that this sticky should be closed and a new one started if the info given at the beginning is now irrelevant.
isabellea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #2719
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellea View Post
Can someone please give me a summary of the new mug policy?
The most comprehensive description I've come across.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...ts-now-in-use/
Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #2720
isabellea
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Can anyone tell me how much is a glass of iced tea if I choose not to get the mug since I will stay at LM @ AoA and I was told it's not really worth it?
isabellea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #2721
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellea View Post
Thanks. Can anyone tell me how much is a glass of iced tea if I choose not to get the mug since I will stay at LM @ AoA and I was told it's not really worth it?
If I remember correctly, $2.99.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #2722
a real lady
Earning My Ears

Do we need a mug?

We will be at POFQ in May for 9 days, and we don't drink much soda/pop.

I have a few questions… do the machines dispense soda water/seltzer? If so, do I have to pay for a mug to get it? Also, I see "tea" as one of the beverages that comes unlimited with the mug, but is hot water available? Is there a charge for hot water (if I were to bring my own tea bags?)

I am trying to decide if we will need the mug to get hot water & carbonated water… and if those things are even available.

Thanks!
a real lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #2723
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a real lady View Post

I have a few questions… do the machines dispense soda water/seltzer? If so, do I have to pay for a mug to get it? Also, I see "tea" as one of the beverages that comes unlimited with the mug, but is hot water available? Is there a charge for hot water (if I were to bring my own tea bags?)

I am trying to decide if we will need the mug to get hot water & carbonated water… and if those things are even available.

Thanks!
The machines have uncarbonated filtered water that you can get with any cup or mug of your own.

Hot water is free as well over by the coffee/tea machines. If you have a mug or if you buy some disposable cups you can get all the water you need for your own tea bags.

I do not drink much soda so my plan is to get filtered water from the machines using my own mug/refillable bottle. I can make iced coffee with via packs for the morning and I tend to stick to regular water during the day anyway.

Last edited by bookgirl; 02-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #2724
a real lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
The machines have uncarbonated filtered water that you can get with any cup or mug of your own.

Hot water is free as well over by the coffee/tea machines. If you have a mug or if you buy some disposable cups you can get all the water you need for your own tea bags.

I do not drink much soda so my plan is to get filtered water from the machines using my own mug/refillable bottle. I can make iced coffee with via packs for the morning and I tend to stick to regular water during the day anyway.
Thanks book girl! That is really helpful information.

We will probably do the same as you… filtered water in our own containers & I'll make tea with my own tea bags.
a real lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #2725
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by a real lady View Post

Thanks!
You can get hot and cold water, but not carbonated water.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #2726
Jimbeaux28
Mouseketeer

I didn't read the entire 182 pages so if my question was asked before, I apologize before asking.

We have a party of 5 and we like to know whose cup is whose by the lid color. Will a lid from an older cup fit on the new RFID cups? Can I bring a black lid and a pink lid from home and have it fit on one of the new cups?

Has anyone tried this?

TIA!
Jimbeaux28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #2727
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeaux28 View Post
I didn't read the entire 182 pages so if my question was asked before, I apologize before asking. We have a party of 5 and we like to know whose cup is whose by the lid color. Will a lid from an older cup fit on the new RFID cups? Can I bring a black lid and a pink lid from home and have it fit on one of the new cups? Has anyone tried this? TIA!
Yes, we did this in January, it works fine. They are the same pool print cups just with the RFID added.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #2728
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeaux28 View Post
I didn't read the entire 182 pages so if my question was asked before, I apologize before asking. We have a party of 5 and we like to know whose cup is whose by the lid color. Will a lid from an older cup fit on the new RFID cups? Can I bring a black lid and a pink lid from home and have it fit on one of the new cups? Has anyone tried this? TIA!
Yes old lids will fit the cups- we bring a sharpie and write names on lids to help identify too
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #2729
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

I've been away for quite a while, and tend to be more of a reader than a poster.

I remember reading this thread lots leading up to my January 2013 holiday (vacation) waiting for the new image to be revealed. With the tests of RFID in mid to late 2012, we were all waiting for the new mugs. We are now up to 2014. RFID is now here to stay and the image still hasn't changed.

Oh well. Planning the late 2015 holiday to the "World" and I wonder if the mugs will change by then? Or will I be posting and reading the same things in 18+ months time?

consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:10 AM   #2730
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

I have not been to Disney in over a year, yet I have four of the mugs that seem to be current. They do not have RFID.

Do new mugs have RFID but still have the same artwork design?

Disney before Sally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: