Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #2701
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Hmmmm I guess they could keep the same picture to "show your Disney 'slide' ".
Nicely done.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #2702
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Nicely done.
thanks, it made me giggle

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #2703
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Just a thought, but it could be nice if the different color tops/handles corresponded to a different picture. For example blue lids have a Donald scene, red for Mickey, and green for Goofy...etc. That way if you have multiple trips during the time that those particular mugs are available you could have a different character scene and not just a different color. The scenes could all relate to each other with a common theme of some sort. It's just a random thought about the desire for mug variety.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #2704
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Are rapid refill mugs only useable at 1 food court. We are staying at pop and thought we might eat at AOA one day since it's just across the bridge. Also wondered because my DH wants orange and right now they only have green and purple at Pop.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #2705
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
Are rapid refill mugs only useable at 1 food court. We are staying at pop and thought we might eat at AOA one day since it's just across the bridge. Also wondered because my DH wants orange and right now they only have green and purple at Pop.
Rapid Refil cups are good at any resort refill station.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #2706
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Rapid Refil cups are good at any resort refill station.
Great! Thanks!
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #2707
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know the extent to which orange has "disappeared" but from the reports I've read it's my understanding that orange isn't being sold anywhere right now. So, AoA probably won't have orange either. Glad to be wrong on this.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #2708
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I don't know the extent to which orange has "disappeared" but from the reports I've read it's my understanding that orange isn't being sold anywhere right now. So, AoA probably won't have orange either. Glad to be wrong on this.
Yeah- I saw a rumor that they were going to bring out a new cup so they were trying to git rid of what they have now so once a color is gone it's gone.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #2709
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah- I saw a rumor that they were going to bring out a new cup so they were trying to git rid of what they have now so once a color is gone it's gone.
Or it could be that we only have 2 choices now. Maybe they just eliminated orange as an option.

That rumor thread said that new mug designs would be in place in January. Well, January has come and gone.

Someday someone will start a rumor about new mugs and it will actually happen.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #2710
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

Or it could be that we only have 2 choices now. Maybe they just eliminated orange as an option.

That rumor thread said that new mug designs would be in place in January. Well, January has come and gone.

Maybe in January they stopped ordering more of the current colors and when they are all gone we'll get a new design/colors? Maybe? Maybe?
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #2711
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Maybe in January they stopped ordering more of the current colors and when they are all gone we'll get a new design/colors? Maybe? Maybe?
Maybe... Maybe they'll do it before we go Saturday. I won't hold my breath though
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #2712
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by breick View Post
pampam - where are you staying? Please let us know if you have any problems with "length of stay". Thank you.
When the time on the cup expired, I simply took it to a cashier at the food court. I had my reservation info with me, and the receipt for the cups, but the cashier really wasn't interested in seeing them. I explained what I needed, and she simply took the cups and put them on the pad by the cash register to update them. It was a very simple procedure. We had no problems at all. I was concerned for nothing.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #2713
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:

The last time the cups were re designed, the rumor was they would come out in January with the new campaign. I believe the first sightings were in Feb and Mar. Until the old cups are gone they never bring out the new ones.

AND I remember the exact same conversations at that time, with veterans saying that the LAST time was also rumors of Jan (when the new campaign launched) and that cups showed up weeks later.

New campaign-new cups. I do think we'll see new ones but not until they absolutely have to put them out.

I don't think the rumor is false just the timing and Disney's policy to not replace items until they've sold the heck out of the prior ones.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #2714
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:

Well, if orange is no longer available, it would seem maybe they have run out of orange and are not restocking.

If that's the case, chances are we will see new mugs once they run out of green and purple as well.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #2715
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

New campaign-new cups. I do think we'll see new ones but not until they absolutely have to put them out.

I don't think the rumor is false just the timing and Disney's policy to not replace items until they've sold the heck out of the prior ones.
Agreed.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: