Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #256
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Quoting myself, I don't count the one with just a small band of white as the white bottom, these two mugs, the bottoms are obviously different. The one with the white bottom is from last fall, the one with the design all the way down is from this April.
I was last at Disney in September 2009, and I actually have the mug with the design all the way to the bottom, so those have been around for almost a year now for sure.

I am fully aware of the great mug debate and the "rules", but I REALLY cannot see buying new ones if they are still exactly the same when we go this year as they were last year. That just seems really wasteful. I absolutely would have no problem with buying a new design, but will most likely NOT buy new ones if they have not changed. I miss the resort specific mugs too, but I'm sure its MUCH cheaper for Disney to buy bulk amounts of the same generic mug.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #257
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
I was last at Disney in September 2009, and I actually have the mug with the design all the way to the bottom, so those have been around for almost a year now for sure.
This is what I am saying - last August we got the ones with the design to the bottom too.
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #258
Michigan_Minnie
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
because the regular dining plan includes a drink with every CS and TS meal. it is geared towards people who want a sit-down meal every day, and is more expensive.
for those on the go, the quick service is cheaper. I just wish they had made it cheaper still, adn NOT included the mug. (we drive, and can bring our own drinks)
I would like to see a Dining Plan fashioned after the "magic Your Way Tickets". it would be complicated, (but then, so is the magic your way packages, and we all adjusted to that!)but you could purchase how ever many "credits" you choose. and use them however you like, for the duration of your stay. whether you chose to use them on Signature restaurants, other Table service restaurants, Counter service restaurants, snacks, or mugs. it would be YOUR choice.....and then we could al go see the fairy princess together!

According to disneyworld.com you do get a single serving beverage with every meal on the QS plan!
2008 February @ Beach Club
2009 February @ ASMu Family Suite
2010 February @ ASMo
2010 October....MNSSHP
2011 February @ POR
2012 February @POR FQ
2014 February @ Pop Century

[
Michigan_Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #259
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post

I am fully aware of the great mug debate and the "rules", but I REALLY cannot see buying new ones if they are still exactly the same when we go this year as they were last year. That just seems really wasteful. I absolutely would have no problem with buying a new design, but will most likely NOT buy new ones if they have not changed. I miss the resort specific mugs too, but I'm sure its MUCH cheaper for Disney to buy bulk amounts of the same generic mug.
No problem there. You'll just need to pay individually for each of your beverages. Disney won't mind that either. You just won't be able to reuse those old mugs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #260
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

I have Wilderness Lodge Mugs that don't have anything printed on them about "length of stay" etc.. I also have newer mugs that explicitly state on the mug that it is for the length of stay.
I am going with my old WL mugs as I recall them being "forever refills" and if they weren't, they should have stated that on the mug. Also, we're staying at the WL this trip!
Should I expect any CM pushback?
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #261
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
I have Wilderness Lodge Mugs that don't have anything printed on them about "length of stay" etc.. I also have newer mugs that explicitly state on the mug that it is for the length of stay.
I am going with my old WL mugs as I recall them being "forever refills" and if they weren't, they should have stated that on the mug. Also, we're staying at the WL this trip!
They only recently added the text directly on the mugs because guests weren't reading the signs posted right over the mugs or on the beverage machine. You may be told "no" by a CM. Some guests have been told "no".

I have mugs from about five resorts that have nothing printed on them, but I do know Disney's policy. We started buying these in 1997 at the Polynesian.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #262
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
They only recently added the text directly on the mugs because guests weren't reading the signs posted right over the mugs or on the beverage machine. You may be told "no" by a CM. Some guests have been told "no".

I have mugs from about five resorts that have nothing printed on them, but I do know Disney's policy. We started buying these in 1997 at the Polynesian.
I should probably add that I don't intend to "ASK" I just go in, fill my mug an leave, thereby leaving it at the CMs discretion to create a scene and potentially inconvenience other customers who may be waiting to pay.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #263
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
because the regular dining plan includes a drink with every CS and TS meal. it is geared towards people who want a sit-down meal every day, and is more expensive.
for those on the go, the quick service is cheaper. I just wish they had made it cheaper still, adn NOT included the mug. (we drive, and can bring our own drinks)
I would like to see a Dining Plan fashioned after the "magic Your Way Tickets". it would be complicated, (but then, so is the magic your way packages, and we all adjusted to that!)but you could purchase how ever many "credits" you choose. and use them however you like, for the duration of your stay. whether you chose to use them on Signature restaurants, other Table service restaurants, Counter service restaurants, snacks, or mugs. it would be YOUR choice.....and then we could al go see the fairy princess together!

According to disneyworld.com you do get a single serving beverage with every meal on the QS plan!
but, I went on to suggest a more complicated scenario, wherein you purchased a set amount of points, and could use them however you chose (CS, TS, etc). like, a "Magic Your Way Plan" for dining. (example, some of us staying 7 nights don't want 7 TS dinners, maybe only 3. you could purchase "credits" and use them how you choose, for sit down, signature, mugs, snacks, etc, your choice.)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #264
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Me,,,me...me!!!!!!

Quote:
I should probably add that I don't intend to "ASK" I just go in, fill my mug an leave, thereby leaving it at the CMs discretion to create a scene and potentially inconvenience other customers who may be waiting to pay.
You have a warped sense of entitlement.
I just don't get it! The cheapest things on a Disney vacation are the refillable mugs. When you start nickel and dime'ing it and are willing to steal a few cents worth of soda, I pity you. You are on vacation!!!

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #265
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hrm you've been a member since 06 but only have 13 posts. I think that says enough.....
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #266
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Actually, you'll be the one creating the scene and could be asked to leave. But it's your vacation.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #267
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we had WL mugs (they are the last we have that were the "forever" type. ) We did use them in Feb, no problem and we did see a few others with them. I guess WDW thought it was a good marketing method back when the cups were new.(the first one I got was at ASMu back in 1995 we have quite a few of the CBR since we went with a large group in 2001) Anyway, you can use the forever mugs. We actually had some asking where we got them since they are the largest and best insulated of all the mugs we have!
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #268
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Yes, we had WL mugs (they are the last we have that were the "forever" type. ) We did use them in Feb, no problem and we did see a few others with them. I guess WDW thought it was a good marketing method back when the cups were new.(the first one I got was at ASMu back in 1995 we have quite a few of the CBR since we went with a large group in 2001) Anyway, you can use the forever mugs. We actually had some asking where we got them since they are the largest and best insulated of all the mugs we have!

Thanks, nice to know I have a "forever" mug. That being said, I've usually just purchased a new mug each trip, but now that the mugs are the same every year at every resort, it just seems really wasteful.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #269
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hrm you've been a member since 06 but only have 13 posts. I think that says enough.....
Judge me by my size do you?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #270
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, nice to know I have a "forever" mug. That being said, I've usually just purchased a new mug each trip, but now that the mugs are the same every year at every resort, it just seems really wasteful.
Plus the older ones are a better quality, they keep things cold longer. We have many of the CBR ones and I do use them at home. We will bring them in Nov. We haven't stayed at CBR in quite sometime and I'm looking forward to it. We did buy some of the newer cups since we stayed at ASMu and didn't have 2 of the old ones and they really are not the same quality or feeling! I liked the resort specific mugs better. Just looking at them when using brings a fun type feeling back plus a lot more went into designing them!
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags