Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #2251
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Yes, both hot chocolate and tea..iced tea as well as hot tea. However, I didn't notice decaf teabags or decaf iced tea.
Thanks!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #2252
meuseman
Disney Parks Game Afficianado

Update from the World (8/17)....

Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are both still using the old mugs (blue, pink and black) and there is no sign of RapidFill.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #2253
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuseman View Post
Update from the World (8/17)....

Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are both still using the old mugs (blue, pink and black) and there is no sign of RapidFill.
Can you use the RapidFill mugs at their regular stations?

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #2254
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

We were staying at ASMusic from 8/6 to 8/13. The first day I noticed they were selling the "new" colors only ... lavender, orange, black but the machines weren't turned on. I noticed about a third of the guests still had the pink and blue cups.

A couple of days later I noticed the rapid fill was turned on but didn't hang around to see how it was going. It was a slow time and I was just running in to bring some soups back to the room. It did seem a smaller percentage of people had the pink and blue... more like 10-20%.

On the 11th we stopped by AKL after a day in the parks and picked up some of those zebra cake things. It appeared they were selling only pink, blue, and (maybe black?) there. I didn't notice the Rapid Refill thing at all but I wasn't paying the closest attention.

On the first day I had considered getting the mugs but I'm so glad we didn't. We were put in Country Fair which is the farthest from the food court. We only ate in the food court the first night and I picked up the soups a different night. It was weird because in my request for my reservation my first wish was "anywhere but Country Fair". However, we did get our connecting rooms and that was good. We had a car anyway so we didn't have to make the haul often. We drove to the parks except Magic Kingdom (that one is always easier to take the bus IMO.)
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #2255
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Can you use the RapidFill mugs at their regular stations?
I don't know officially but I would certainly think so as they are sold with they idea that you can use them at any resort... hence the higher price.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #2256
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
We were staying at ASMusic from 8/6 to 8/13. The first day I noticed they were selling the "new" colors only ... lavender, orange, black but the machines weren't turned on. I noticed about a third of the guests still had the pink and blue.
The new colors are lavender, orange and green. Black is one of old colors. They may have been selling old and new mugs.
EpcotBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #2257
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Ok just to be clear, so coffee is definitely on the new RFID system? So did you notice if tea and hot chocolate are also RFID too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Yes, both hot chocolate and tea..iced tea as well as hot tea. However, I didn't notice decaf teabags or decaf iced tea.
noahdove, what we really want to know is if the non-soda dispensers are using any kind of video display or automatic filling system. The news and expectation is that only the soda dispensers have this technology, which the coffee, iced tea, and hot chocolate dispensers are still just manual fill not tied to an electronic RFID chip.

If you're just telling us that you can use a mug and get coffee, hot chocolate, and tea, that's to be expected as it's been that way all along.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #2258
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

The new colors are lavender, orange and green. Black is one of old colors. They may have been selling old and new mugs.
What bad colours! They likely won't appeal to many people. Black, blue and pink were far more appealing IMO

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #2259
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Do you happen to know which resorts are selling the new mugs, and do you have to be staying there to buy the new ones?

Youngest DS and DH's favorite color is orange, and they would LOVE one or two! Lol
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #2260
lucas
°o°

I don't drink a lot of soda. But, on vacation I like to have a Diet Coke for dinner at Pop Century. Will I be able to buy a drink in a paper cup or is that gone now? I'm guessing it will have to be in a purchased bottle or can?

I'm thinking I should just bring a couple of sodas from home.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #2261
c0reyann
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirataMama4 View Post
Do you happen to know which resorts are selling the new mugs, and do you have to be staying there to buy the new ones?

Youngest DS and DH's favorite color is orange, and they would LOVE one or two! Lol
I'm currently at Port Orleans French Quarter and they have the purple, green and orange cups, none of the old colors. The RFID isn't on yet though.
c0reyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #2262
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
I don't drink a lot of soda. But, on vacation I like to have a Diet Coke for dinner at Pop Century. Will I be able to buy a drink in a paper cup or is that gone now? I'm guessing it will have to be in a purchased bottle or can?

I'm thinking I should just bring a couple of sodas from home.
from what I am hearing the paper cup is still there but has time limit on it--I believe an hour
Old 08-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #2263
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere about the cup couldn't be programmed for more than 14 days, so what happens if we're staying longer? We're staying for 21 nights, with QSDP that includes the cup for the length of stay...

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #2264
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
What bad colours! They likely won't appeal to many people. Black, blue and pink were far more appealing IMO

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
If we have to have the same picture I'm pretty excited by these colors. Orange is DS's favorite color and I love green.

]
teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #2265
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

My understanding is length of stay is a price but after the 14 days a CM need to added the remaining days to your mug for you vacation. They re-scan it i guess.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: