Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #2206
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I love the new colors but agree with the previous poster that I wish they would have changed the design. Mostly selfish reasons because we already have 5 like this.

I also really wish they would let you bring back the mug and pay to "reactivate" it on another trip. It seems so wasteful to keep getting a new one.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #2207
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

We all know the purple, orange and green mug colors are back with the same pool scene (it's not a beach). Where are all the pictures of the mugs showing the RapidFill logo? I haven't seen any yet.

Last edited by EpcotBill; 08-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #2208
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
We all know the purple, orange and green mug colors are back with the same pool scene (it's not a beach). Where are all the pictures of the mugs showing the RapidRefill logo? I haven't seen any yet.
There are several photos floating around the web. Here are some in post #1...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3136664
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #2209
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been reported on the POR FAQ thread by Andre that the delay between refills will be 2 minutes. He also reports that water, coffee and iced tea will not be part of the RapidRefill.

I read one post on these boards that said you need an RFID mug for water in the new system but several others that say you don't. I'll believe the several others.
To be fair, and if I am remembering correctly, the poster that stated you needed the mug to use water also said the CMs were confused and they turned the system off shortly after, so it is possible that in the first bit of use that the water dispenser was not programmed correctly. Thanks for the info about the time between fills. I know a lot of people were outraged that a 5 minute period might be coming, but 2 minutes seems much more reasonable. Though, I suspect there will still be a few outraged people. Not because they drink their drink that fast, but just the principle of it all.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #2210
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
There are several photos floating around the web. Here are some in post #1...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3136664
Thanks for the link. I don't read the Restaurant forum too often. I wonder why that thread is allowed to go on when all mug talk is supposed to be on this thread only and other mug threads get locked right away.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #2211
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I don't read the Restaurant forum too often. I wonder why that thread is allowed to go on when all mug talk is supposed to be on this thread only and other mug threads get locked right away.
...and the CONFIRMED thread was one of the top ten most active threads on the DIS for July 2013...

Maybe it can take over for this "One And Only" thread where the initial posts could use some updating.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #2212
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My guess is that they didn't want to have the new system discussion take over the thread that is meant more for specific Qs and As. No idea if that is right, but it makes the most sense.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #2213
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Any word if the new RFID mugs will still be included in the dining plan for 2014?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #2214
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Any word if the new RFID mugs will still be included in the dining plan for 2014?
So far they are still included.

The RUMOUR is that at some point drinks will no longer come with a quick service meal on the DDP and the mugs will be refillable in the parks, as well as the resorts.

Whether or not that ever comes to fruition, we'll just have to wait and see.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #2215
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?

Lightbulb Quick Question

Hi All!

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in past posts so please forgive me... however, what is the scenario when you are checking in under a package? I read a TR that when they checked in they picked out 2 mugs? (there was only 2 in their party) Is it still just one mug per reservation or one per person on the reservation? Or, none at all and Im reading this all wrong? hahahaha

TYIA!!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #2216
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfun94 View Post
Hi All!

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in past posts so please forgive me... however, what is the scenario when you are checking in under a package? I read a TR that when they checked in they picked out 2 mugs? (there was only 2 in their party) Is it still just one mug per reservation or one per person on the reservation? Or, none at all and Im reading this all wrong? hahahaha

TYIA!!
Mugs are only included in a package that has a dining plan. It is one mug per person for anyone 3 and up.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #2217
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfun94 View Post
Hi All!

TYIA!!
It's one mug per dining plan paid for (you have a party of four each on the dining plan, you get four mugs) or you buy them as you want them (you are not on the dining plan, but want the mugs). Children under the age of three cannot purchase the dining plan, so no mugs for them.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2218
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this has already been asked... Do we know if the new mugs are at port orleans french quarter? We arrive on Sunday and I was curious. THANKS!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #2219
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
It's one mug per dining plan paid for (you have a party of four each on the dining plan, you get four mugs) or you buy them as you want them (you are not on the dining plan, but want the mugs). Children under the age of three cannot purchase the dining plan, so no mugs for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Mugs are only included in a package that has a dining plan. It is one mug per person for anyone 3 and up.
THANKS! We do have the DDP! So our girls will love being able picking one up!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #2220
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

Im at all star movies . You can get water from rfid machine, I saw someone fill up a water bottle. Coffee machines are not hooked up to rfid.
The pop machines are timed I filled up drank some quickly went to refill and it said your next refill is in 1 min and 35 seconds, so 2 minutes seems correct. We were at Poly for lunch, they do not have rfid machines and still have old mug colors. The machine displays how long your cup is valid for , however not correctly in my case. We leave in a couple days and it says our mug is good until 8/26. We were here the first day they stared machines so maybe they are still figuring things out. They asked me if we were staying longer than 3 days and then programed length of stay option, the mugs are part of our dining plan.
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: