Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #91
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

How funny you had a personal guide for Test Track! What a treat!

I love all the F&G pictures, they are spectacular. My favorite from this update is Tinkerbell with the dolphins a close second... they are very cool.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #92
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I think your butterfly picture came out great! Those little suckers are hard to get a good photos of! I loved seeing the little fairy topiaries.

Your Test Track ride sounds hillarious! We had a little TT issue of our own...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #93
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Too funny about the boy giving you a guided tour of Test Track. I wonder how many times he had ridden it before?

I know I've said it before (and I'll probably say it again and again) but I love the pictures of the Flower & Garden Festival. It's just so very beautiful. I don't know the names of the fairies either so don't feel bad. I spotted several butterflies in your picture.

I've never seen the dolphin topiaries. Wonder if those were new?
I know...it was so funny! Hmm....I wondered the same thing because he definitely knew a lot about the ride!

YAY! for finding some butterflies! I think the dolphin topiaries were there because of the new movie Oceans that just came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Your morning is going great! Well except for the short breakdown on Test Track, but you still made it. I love all the topiary pictures. Everything just looks so pretty for the Flower & Garden Festival. And yes, I can see some butterflies
Exactly! It would have been much more disappointing for the boys if we hadn't been able to ride TT at all. As you could tell...they were very excited to ride! Glad you found some butterflies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Yeah!! I have gotten all caught up!!! I wish we would have ridden BTMRR at night this past trip!! It sounds wonderful, and how cool to see Tinkerbell fly!! The night we saw Wishes it was too windy! You got some awesome pics of the topiaries too Angie!! They look great!! They were all so beautiful, I could have stared at them all day!! Epcot was so pretty this Spring!!! Looking forward to pics with the Fab 5!!!
Hi Beth!!

It was such a nice surprise to see Tinkerbell and definitely a highlight of the trip. Last year, it was too rainy so we didn't get to see her. Sorry that it was too windy on your Wishes night.

I'm with you, I could have looked at the topiaries all day....they were so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Beautiful pics of the fairy gardens

So funny about the Test Track tour guide!
Thanks! I think the fairy gardens were my favorite part of the F&G festival!

Oh...and my tour guide...I think we laughed about that on and off the whole day! It was so funny! He definitely knew his stuff!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #94
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
How funny you had a personal guide for Test Track! What a treat!

I love all the F&G pictures, they are spectacular. My favorite from this update is Tinkerbell with the dolphins a close second... they are very cool.
It was such a treat!!! I felt very special!!

I loved the Tinkerbell topiary! It was definitely one of my favorites as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I think your butterfly picture came out great! Those little suckers are hard to get a good photos of! I loved seeing the little fairy topiaries.

Your Test Track ride sounds hillarious! We had a little TT issue of our own...
I agree! I was so afraid once I started to take the picture that the butterflies would all fly away. I was very happy to see that a few stuck around.

Oh no...a TT issue?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #95
FloraFauna
DIS Veteran
I was really good at doing BIG hair

I am enjoying your trip report. I really love all your pictures. I am glad you posted one of the dolphin topiaries. I just saw the movie "Oceans" last weekend, and that looks just like a scene from the movie. How cool is that??
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #96
GaRain
DIS Veteran

I am in for the ride!
So easy to get distracted at Disney!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #97
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloraFauna View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. I really love all your pictures. I am glad you posted one of the dolphin topiaries. I just saw the movie "Oceans" last weekend, and that looks just like a scene from the movie. How cool is that??
Welcome!! Glad you joined in! I loved the dolphin topiaries! That's so cool that they were based on the scene from the movie Oceans. We haven't had a chance to see it yet? Did you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
I am in for the ride!
So easy to get distracted at Disney!
Welcome! I'm so happy you joined in!!

Hmm....that's so true!! It's very easy to get distracted at Disney...it happened to me more than once.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #98
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I can help you with the fairies...the pink one is Rosetta, the purple one is Vidia (she's actually kind of mean in the movies...), Fawn is the orange one, and Iridessa is the yellow one but I don't think you had a picture of her. I thought those topiaries were adorable too.

Aww, that is so cute about the boy on TT.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #99
hopebathrick
Earning My Ears

Love your trip report!!! I'm originally from upstate NY and have flown out of Syracuse numerous times.... It reminds me of home!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #100
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I can help you with the fairies...the pink one is Rosetta, the purple one is Vidia (she's actually kind of mean in the movies...), Fawn is the orange one, and Iridessa is the yellow one but I don't think you had a picture of her. I thought those topiaries were adorable too.

Aww, that is so cute about the boy on TT.
Hey thanks for the names of the fairies!! I've watched the movies and loved them but for some reason can never remember all their names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopebathrick View Post
Love your trip report!!! I'm originally from upstate NY and have flown out of Syracuse numerous times.... It reminds me of home!
Thanks and Welcome!! Glad you're here!!! We really like flying out of Syracuse. Last year it was a little crazy in the morning but this year flying out in the afternoon was great! Plus it's only a 2 1/2 hour flight to Orlando, you can't beat that!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #101
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

HEY ANGIE!! Finally all caught up! Great start to your TR! You really know how to keep us in suspense huh? Great first day/arrival day update!! I've never ridden BTMRR in the dark! What a great idea! It's definitely on my to-do's for next year's trip! LOL!

Gotta love those EPCOT topiaries huh? Soooo cute! and sooo creative! LOL! Love Nick's reaction for Test Track! classic! LOL! I heard this happens a lot?? Awww sooo sorry about the Test Track picture!! The Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden is sooo cute!!

Well, can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #102
WDWsweetie
Earning My Ears

subbing!
your trip sounds like it was such fun(:
Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #103
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Loving your TR!
Your pics of the topiaries are awesome
Can't wait to read more(:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #104
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
HEY ANGIE!! Finally all caught up! Great start to your TR! You really know how to keep us in suspense huh? Great first day/arrival day update!! I've never ridden BTMRR in the dark! What a great idea! It's definitely on my to-do's for next year's trip! LOL!

Gotta love those EPCOT topiaries huh? Soooo cute! and sooo creative! LOL! Love Nick's reaction for Test Track! classic! LOL! I heard this happens a lot?? Awww sooo sorry about the Test Track picture!! The Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden is sooo cute!!

Well, can't wait to hear more!!!
Hi Keala!!

Thanks! You should definitely ride BTMRR in the dark! It really is so much better, for some reason it feels faster and longer! We loved it!

I know...the topiaries were so pretty!!! Ahhh...Nick was pretty disappointed that TT broke down and we had to wait awhile....oh well at least we got to ride...eventually.

I can't wait for your TR to start!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWsweetie View Post
subbing!
your trip sounds like it was such fun(:
Hi!! Thanks for joining in!! It really was a great trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Loving your TR!
Your pics of the topiaries are awesome
Can't wait to read more(:
Welcome! Glad you're here!!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #105
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Characters...Characters Everywhere!!!

Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a great weekend and all you DIS-Moms had a Happy Mother's Day!I had a great day, relaxing and spending time with family plus they took out me to dinner...you can't beat that!The only bad thing about yesterday is that it snowed! Hopefully, it will warm up this week and especially this weekend, it's Nick's birthday. I've got a party to plan for 10 year old boys....a little bit more tricky since they are really not into all those kid party games anymore.Hmm....I'll see what I can figure out???Oh and I almost forgot...They had Muffins for Mom at the boys school this morning. Ahhh....such a nice treat and a great way to start the day!

Anyway lets get on with this TR shall we??

April 13, 2010--Epcot continued!

When I left off, we finally got the chance to ride Test Track, and spent a little time exploring the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden. Our next stop was the Character Spot and I'm happy to say that I didn't get distracted this time and we made it to our destination! At this point it around 9:30am, I was hoping to get there closer to nine because honestly as much as I love the characters...I didn't want to spend all day waiting in line. (which is probably why I usually book Chef Mickey's so they can come to us.)

When we opened the door, we noticed there was already a good crowd of people, winding around and around. I got a little nervous and began to doubt whether we should wait. It probably wouldn't have made such a difference, if I knew we had another day to come back to Epcot but this was our only day and there was so much we still wanted to do. So...we walked...and I thought....do we stay?....do we go?.....the line kept growing behind us. It's not like the boys didn't have the Fab 5's autograph's...they got them last trip plus we had a character breakfast at the Tusker House at the end of the week....hmmm....we kept moving and I would look back. Finally, after about 10 minutes or so, the line seemed to move a little quicker and we started to get closer and closer to the front. Ultimately, we decided to wait it out...I mean how could we leave and not say Hi to Mickey and friends...right?

We finally made our way to the front and who did we see first.....Mickey of course!!

Nick really seemed to warm up to the characters this year. Noah on the other hand is still a little hesitant. (as you'll find out on our AK day)

Of course..we had to get a family picture!

Next up...Pluto!! Can I just say how much we love Pluto and how he does autographs especially...ahhh...he's so cute!

Ahhh....next up was Minnie!!

Noah is usually so serious around the characters....Donald must have did something funny....it's so good to see him smile!

Nick loved Donald!!

Last one up....was Goofy (their favorite!) They had the best interaction with him...I just wish I had gotten it on camera. But I guess I was just too busy watching and seeing the boys relax and have fun! Nick handed Goofy his pen and Goofy raised it up over his head. Nick tried to grab it jumping up and down...finally Noah joined in. They were jumping and running around him to get their pen back. It was very cute!! Anyways here's a few pics with Goofy I did get!

So...was it worth the wait??? Absolutely! The boys had a great time seeing the characters and Noah finally relaxed a little by the end which was wonderful!

After the Character Spot, we decided to head over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends. I grabbed a quick picture on the way in....

and another.....

and another.....

We finally made our way inside and around and around we went until it was time to board our clam shells. I love this ride!! I'm not sure why...but it's a must see for me every trip! Probably because Finding Nemo is one of my very favorite Disney movies.

"Nemo?"
"Where are you son?"
"Let's go explore the big blue world"

Here's my attempt at a few pictures (without flash of course...which is why they're so blurry....)

The boys love it when Peach the starfish hollers..."Wait take me with you..."

After our journey under the sea. I asked the boys what they wanted to do next. Usually we do Turtle Talk and do a little exploring. A show had just started for Turtle Talk and they weren't sure they wanted to wait for the next one to start. Besides..they were really anxious to get over to the Land to ride Soarin' and I must admit I was a little anxious myself...as I'm sure you all know...it's one of my very favorite rides in Epcot!

We decided to head over to the Land and try and make it back to the Seas with Nemo and friends later on...(yeah..we know how that works out, right?) We did stop in the gift shop and browse a little though. I found the Mine Mine Mine! t-shirt and almost picked it up because I've been wanting it since seeing it last trip. But..decided to wait...again. Oh well...what can I say? I guess I was distracted by the thought of the orange blossoms we would be smelling and fireworks we would be seeing soon.

So, off we went to fly over California! Plus it was going to be our first time using our GAD fastpasses. Hmm....how did it work out? Were we successful?

Stay tuned to find out.....

Last edited by Angies1274; 05-10-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: