Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #76
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Great start to your TR Can't wait to read more
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #77
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Impressive early start! I hope you don't crash later, you were operating on little sleep for 2 days now, yikes! The topiaries look SOOOO beautiful. Someday I hope to see them.

I've never done the refillable mugs before. No juice in them huh? Just soda?
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #78
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Yay for EMH at Epcot! I can imagine how great that was to just leisurely walk onto Spaceship Earth while everyone around you was in a footrace. Already those GAD fastpasses are paying off
Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #79
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You guys do a much better job that our family. I try my very best to get everybody up early and to the parks for park opening but it never seems to happen.

I love the Volunt Ears button. What a cute souvenir!

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I am so sad that we aren't going to get to see the Flower and Garden Festival this year. For some reason, it's ending much sooner this year than in previous years. Everything is just so much prettier during the festival.
The boys are usually pretty early risers anyway even when they stay up late...so I knew we wouldn't have too much of problem making it to EMH. I'm sure as they get older that will all change though....so we're taking advantage of it now.

The Flower and Garden Festival was so beautiful this year. I'm not sure there was as many topiaries as usual though...but maybe we just missed them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Great start to your TR Can't wait to read more
I'm so happy you joined in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Impressive early start! I hope you don't crash later, you were operating on little sleep for 2 days now, yikes! The topiaries look SOOOO beautiful. Someday I hope to see them.

I've never done the refillable mugs before. No juice in them huh? Just soda?
No juice in the refillable mugs. They only have coffee, hot chocolate, tea and soda. We like the idea of having everything paid for so we use our Disney reward card to pay for the boys juice or chocolate milk every morning. It seems to work out okay doing it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Yay for EMH at Epcot! I can imagine how great that was to just leisurely walk onto Spaceship Earth while everyone around you was in a footrace. Already those GAD fastpasses are paying off
I know...we love early EMH!!! Those GAD fastpasses definitely paid off this trip! We were so happy to have them!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #80
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Your arrival day sounds amazing! I was tempted to hit a park our first night but restrained myself. I'm glad you guys had such a great experience at MK that night. I think the unplanned days are the best. I might think differently if the whole week was unplanned, but having a few mixed in here & there is really a treat.

Looks like you are off to a great start at Epcot for day 2!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #81
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Gotta love those early mornings in Disney! I love the pictures of Pop. For some reason I like seeing the resorts in the morning. haha Maybe because it reminds me of that feeling of having the WHOLE day ahead of you in Disney. Great start to the day!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #82
MiNniEDrEameR
Mouseketeer

All caught up and ready to move forward!!

August 7th-15th~ Couples Disney Adventure!!- POP Century
March 7th-14th 2010~ Bring on the Beer!!! Couples Adventure 2010 --DVC visiting Boardwalk !!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #83
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up! Your arrival day sounds amazing! I was tempted to hit a park our first night but restrained myself. I'm glad you guys had such a great experience at MK that night. I think the unplanned days are the best. I might think differently if the whole week was unplanned, but having a few mixed in here & there is really a treat.

Looks like you are off to a great start at Epcot for day 2!
Hi Amy!

We were so happy that we decided to head to MK our first night! Even though I am such a planner, it was nice to relax for a change and just enjoy being there. It really was a perfect start to our vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Gotta love those early mornings in Disney! I love the pictures of Pop. For some reason I like seeing the resorts in the morning. haha Maybe because it reminds me of that feeling of having the WHOLE day ahead of you in Disney. Great start to the day!
Ahhh....I love early mornings at the parks and I agree the resorts always look so pretty as sun is just coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNniEDrEameR View Post
All caught up and ready to move forward!!
Thanks for joining! Hoping to get a new update posted very soon!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #84
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Such a nice early morning picture overlooking the pool! Your Spaceship Earth pics turned out great...

LOVE. THIS. PIC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #85
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Such a nice early morning picture overlooking the pool! Your Spaceship Earth pics turned out great...

LOVE. THIS. PIC.

Ahh....I love that picture too!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #86
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Fast Cars and a little Pixie Hollow!

April 13, 2010--Epcot continued....

When I left off, we had managed it to make it to Epcot for EMH despite a late night the day before. We picked up our fastpasses, received some very cute VoluntEar buttons, rode Spaceship Earth, played in Project Tomorrow, and took some very cute pictures of our favorite Lion King friends.

So...where did we go next? Like I have to ask, right? You all know that the boys were ready for a little speed....actually more than ready. I decided to grab one more quick picture on the way--

Then decided to shut my camera off so I wouldn't be distracted and want to take more pictures because trust me... it happens. Besides, the boys were already running a head of us and we were trying our best to keep up. I did tell you that Test Track is their very favorite attraction at Epcot....right?

Whew! We finally made it!!

Since, it was still pretty early and the stand-by time was only about 10 minutes we decided to keep those handy fastpasses for later on and jump in line. A picture on the way in--

If you read my last TR, you may remember that last trip I didn't get to ride Test Track....but the boys did. Unfortunately, it was one of the first rides of the day and it kept breaking down. We had hoped to avoid that this year and since the line seemed to be moving rather quickly as we made our way around this and around that. We were very hopeful we would get in those cars as quickly as possible.....until all of sudden we stop...oh no...and of course, we hear that they are having trouble and it will be a few minutes before they can get the cars going again. UGH! This was Nick's reaction.

Boy..were we glad we didn't use our fastpasses!!

About 15-20 minutes later, we were finally climbing into our car. It was so funny because while we were in line we were next to these two brothers, who were maybe around 12 and 13. Noah and I were placed so we would be in the front of the car and both brothers wanted that other spot next to us. Yes...there was a little pushing...and a "I'm going to tell Dad." Apparently, one must have gave in because as I was sitting down the younger one (I think) leans over to ask me if I've ever rode before...I nodded and told him yes. But, I'm not sure he heard me because all through the ride, he was like my own personal tour guide. It was so funny.

"Hold on, we go really fast through here."
"This is where they test the breaks."
"It's going to get really cold."
"We're going to hit that truck!!"

It was all I could do not to start laughing. He was so cute!

After we got off the ride, I was so busy telling DH about what happened during the ride that by the time we got to the Test Track photos, we were still laughing and talking....not paying attention,I scanned our photopass card. Come to find out when we got home, I scanned the wrong picture.and...of course every time we rode again,I walked by each time thinking...oh I have the first one and our expressions didn't really change. Oh well.....

We decided after our very fast and interesting ride (at least to me) to stop and look through some really cool cars before heading over to the Character Spot, which was the next thing on our agenda for the morning. But...as we walked out I spotted the Pixie Hollow fairy garden off in the distance and at that point made a quick decision to abandon our plans...for now. I had really wanted to spend more time this trip exploring the Flower and Garden Festival and I knew if we passed by it now, even though we'd say we'd come back later...we wouldn't. I'm not sure how happy the boys were about seeing Tinkerbell and friends. (although they do seem to like that movie, now that I think about it)

First up...of course was Tinkerbell--

I thought all of the topiaries were really well done! They were so cute!

Then we stepped inside the butterfly garden. It was so cool! The boys were very interested in looking at the chrysalis. I tried taking a picture of the butterflies. Can you see any?

After we were done exploring on the inside, we went out to find another fairy. (I know...it's terrible I can't seem to remember their names.)

So pretty!

I had the boys step in for a picture....they don't look so thrilled do they? Then again the sun may be in their eyes..we'll go with that!

It was finally time to head over to the Character Spot to catch up with some of our long lost friends...after all we hadn't seen the Fab 5 since last year!!

Some more pictures on the way over....

So, did we finally get to see Mickey? or did I get distracted again?

Stay tuned...

Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #87
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Too funny about the boy giving you a guided tour of Test Track. I wonder how many times he had ridden it before?

I know I've said it before (and I'll probably say it again and again) but I love the pictures of the Flower & Garden Festival. It's just so very beautiful. I don't know the names of the fairies either so don't feel bad. I spotted several butterflies in your picture.

I've never seen the dolphin topiaries. Wonder if those were new?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #88
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Your morning is going great! Well except for the short breakdown on Test Track, but you still made it. I love all the topiary pictures. Everything just looks so pretty for the Flower & Garden Festival. And yes, I can see some butterflies
Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #89
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Yeah!! I have gotten all caught up!!! I wish we would have ridden BTMRR at night this past trip!! It sounds wonderful, and how cool to see Tinkerbell fly!! The night we saw Wishes it was too windy! You got some awesome pics of the topiaries too Angie!! They look great!! They were all so beautiful, I could have stared at them all day!! Epcot was so pretty this Spring!!! Looking forward to pics with the Fab 5!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #90
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics of the fairy gardens

So funny about the Test Track tour guide!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: