Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #61
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

What a great first day! How cool that Tinkerbell flew right over you!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #62
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I'm glad you had such a fabulous first night I love watching the parades in Frontierland. The crowds are so much better! And love the pictures of your boys with Zurg. That is one we get every trip too. Yay for seeing Tink fly! Can't wait for more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #63
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You already know that we like watching parades from Frontierland. It seems not to be quite as crowded as Main Street. It's cool that you got to do several things before heading out of the park. What's even better is the Pop Century bus was waiting on you!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #64
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Huh? I must have missed the CD's when we stopped to check out the Disney store in the airport. I did see the Wishes one at Pop and I almost bought it but changed my mind at the last minute. There are so many good ones...it was so hard to decide which one to buy.
Yup. They were in a corner on a rack right by the round display of all the plushies. It was getting close to time to head thru security and I couldn't decide. I need to research a bit this time.

Frontierland, right at the very end of the parade route, is our favorite spot to catch the parades. Much less crowded We missed Spectro on our last trip.... can't wait to make up for it!

The Wonderful thing about Tiggers.... is Tigger's a wonderful thing! I really like that ride too.

How awesome did that night work out for you? Seeing Tinkerbell and Wishes over the train station and then a bus right there to take you back? Very nice. :
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #65
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Awesome first night! That is funny about your DH getting 700,000 on Buzz. There was one time when my dad maxed out..he got 999,999 somehow. I am pretty competitive when it comes to that ride so that made me mad. LOL.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #67
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
What a great first day! How cool that Tinkerbell flew right over you!

Can't wait to read more!
It really was a great day! We were so excited to finally see Tink fly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I'm glad you had such a fabulous first night I love watching the parades in Frontierland. The crowds are so much better! And love the pictures of your boys with Zurg. That is one we get every trip too. Yay for seeing Tink fly! Can't wait for more!
Thanks! We will definitely be watching the parades in Frontierland from now on!! It was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You already know that we like watching parades from Frontierland. It seems not to be quite as crowded as Main Street. It's cool that you got to do several things before heading out of the park. What's even better is the Pop Century bus was waiting on you!
It's definitely not as crowded in Frontierland! Last year, it felt like we were packed in like sardines. There were people everywhere! DH does not like crowds...so he was freaking out a bit. This year was much, much better!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #68
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yup. They were in a corner on a rack right by the round display of all the plushies. It was getting close to time to head thru security and I couldn't decide. I need to research a bit this time.

Frontierland, right at the very end of the parade route, is our favorite spot to catch the parades. Much less crowded We missed Spectro on our last trip.... can't wait to make up for it!

The Wonderful thing about Tiggers.... is Tigger's a wonderful thing! I really like that ride too.

How awesome did that night work out for you? Seeing Tinkerbell and Wishes over the train station and then a bus right there to take you back? Very nice. :
Yeah...we kind of skipped right past the plushies. The boys have way too many now! But...good idea on the research!

We didn't make Spectro last August either. I honestly don't think it was showing the whole time we were there. Usually when we go in April, it shows almost every night so if we don't see it one night, there's a very good chance we can catch it the next night.

Ahh...it was a wonderful night! Of course, I wish we would have hung around to watch the rest of Wishes in front of the castle but in the end I think it worked out for the best since we had such an early morning the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Awesome first night! That is funny about your DH getting 700,000 on Buzz. There was one time when my dad maxed out..he got 999,999 somehow. I am pretty competitive when it comes to that ride so that made me mad. LOL.
I know...it's so funny! Last year, I did so much better at Buzz than DH. I don't know what happened this trip. (especially since I'm the one who knows all the secret spots.) Oh well, I'll get him next time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a magical first day!

Tinkerbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how much better is it really, that it was such a surprise like that!

Pixie Dust A perfect start.
It was the best surprise and a such a wonderful start to our trip!!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #69
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

I'm in! This seems like a fun TR!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #70
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
I'm in! This seems like a fun TR!
Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #71
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

What a great ending to your first day

Isn't it great having Tinkerbell fly over you?! We were in that spot kind of on purpose but to have it be a surprise would be even more thrilling

And perfect timing with the bus

I hope the late night didn't cause any problems for your Epcot plans.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #72
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

What an awesome way to end the day...BTMRR, Buzz, a parade, and Wishes!! Oh....and Tink flying right over....icing on the cake!

Can't wait to hear about the next day!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #73
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
What a great ending to your first day

Isn't it great having Tinkerbell fly over you?! We were in that spot kind of on purpose but to have it be a surprise would be even more thrilling

And perfect timing with the bus

I hope the late night didn't cause any problems for your Epcot plans.
It was a wonderful surprise to have Tinkerbell fly over us....so unexpected!! I just wish I would have had my camera ready. Oh well, it's still great to have that memory to look back on.

The timing for the bus really was perfect!! We've never had that happen leaving the Magic Kingdom. I think we ended up having to stand but we didn't care as long we didn't have to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
What an awesome way to end the day...BTMRR, Buzz, a parade, and Wishes!! Oh....and Tink flying right over....icing on the cake!

Can't wait to hear about the next day!
I was so happy because we were able to get a lot more done than I thought we would! It was the perfect start to our trip!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #74
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Isn't it time to wake up yet? Our Epcot Day!

April 13, 2010--Epcot EMH!!

I rolled over and tried to get comfortable but it was no use. I couldn't sleep again!Hmm...maybe it was because I was so overtired from not getting enough sleep the night before or maybe it was the fact we were at Disney and I couldn't relax enough to fall asleep! Whatever, it was I found myself continually looking at the clock and thinking....Isn't it time to wake up yet?

I finally dozed off around 1:30am or so and was awakened a few short hours later by DH. I glanced at the clock it read 6:00am...YAY now it was finally time to wake up and yes Disney is the only place I am ready, willing and able to get up at the crack of dawn. We just love getting to the parks at opening and since this was an EMH morning we knew we would have to get up especially early. We were hoping to make it down to breakfast around 7:00am. I let the boys sleep a little longer after all it was such a busy day yesterday with arriving and then heading to MK for a late night and they were exhausted.

I got ready, packed my bag with all the essentials; sunscreen, hand sanitizer, camera, etc., etc. DH turned on the TV, and I pulled open the curtains. Ahh...there is nothing better than waking up at Disney.The sun was just starting to peak up and so were the boys....finally. Once we mentioned breakfast and Epcot, they were up and dressed in no time! After a quick check of the room, we started to make our way down to get something to eat.

A few pics on the way...yes, we were in front of the bowling pin pool and it was surprisingly quiet compared to being in the 70's section last year in front of the loud Twister game.
Isn't it so pretty?

Looking back down the hall....our room was almost to the very end.

Making our way over to the Classic Hall....you can just see the Pop sign through the trees. We didn't find it to be too far a walk. Oh and sorry the pictures are a little blurry. Apparently walking and taking pictures don't mix?

Since we knew we didn't have too much time to eat, we all grabbed some muffins and a bowl of grapes (5 snack credits on the QSDP) filled our refillable mugs with coffee and bought the boys some juice. We headed over to our favorite place to have breakfast...way over in the corner...for some reason hardly anybody realizes to sit over there and it's always so much quieter. The best part is you don't have to wait around the busy soda/refill station in the middle with everyone else. There is a smaller one set up over in that area...so you can avoid all the chaos!

After breakfast, DH ran back to the room to drop off the refillable mugs while the boys and I browsed the gift shop. Before long he was back and we quickly got in line to wait for a bus to Epcot. We didn't have to wait long before one pulled up and we were on our way.

I knew the first thing I had to do when we arrived was to head to Will Call. I had no idea where I was going so I was hoping a big sign would point me in the right direction. Thankfully, we found it right away and proceeded to hand in one of our vouchers from the GAD promotion in exchange for fastpasses. It was quick, it was easy and soon we were presented with these--

She also handed us a paper telling us to choose 3 rides from the Donald or Daisy category and we were all set.I took the obligatory photo while we waited.

We only had to wait about 10-15 minutes and it was finally 8:00am and we were allowed to go through the turnstiles. I stopped to take a quick picture of the boys. (as you can tell from their jackets...it was a bit chilly that morning.)

Aren't the topiaries so cute!!

Can I just say how extremely happy I was to have those GAD fastpasses in hand because while everyone else was running by us to head to TT or Soarin', whether to ride or get their own fastpasses we leisurely made our way in toward our very first ride......any guesses what it was?

Well...a few hints-

That's right! Spaceship Earth!

This was the very first time that DH and the boys had rode it. Last year, they really weren't interested and preferred to spend more time in Innoventions...but I loved it and wanted them to at least try it this trip!

A few pictures from inside the ride--

Noah got such a kick out of seeing himself like this!

So...what was the verdict? Did they like it? Ahh...of course! Nick especially! He thought it was very cool! After we stopped and looked around Project Tomorrow. We located our pictures on the big screen and then sent them back home. The boys played a little bit...and even DH got in on the fun!

Soon enough the boys were ready to head to their very favorite ride Test Track. Noah was getting a little impatient waiting for DH to finish.

DH finally finished and away we went! Apparently, the boys had a need for speed this morning!! But...I just had to stop for a few more quick pictures--

Every time I would I stop to take a picture I would hear..."Come on, Mom...let's go!" I know they were excited but I just couldn't help it!

So, would we ever make it over to Test Track???

Stay tuned.....

Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #75
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You guys do a much better job that our family. I try my very best to get everybody up early and to the parks for park opening but it never seems to happen.

I love the Volunt Ears button. What a cute souvenir!

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I am so sad that we aren't going to get to see the Flower and Garden Festival this year. For some reason, it's ending much sooner this year than in previous years. Everything is just so much prettier during the festival.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: