Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! Love your TR and can't wait to read more!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #32
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Departure day is so EXCITING!! I can never sleep the night before either.

Yay for DME going so smoothly....Boo for missing the sign again. Stink!

I am guessing the boys were so excited that you caught a second wind and went to the MK. Do tell!
It is so exciting!! It's so funny because one of the reasons I chose a later flight this time was so we could sleep in our own beds. I thought maybe we would get a better sleep and be well rested when we started this trip.Ha! We found out though....it doesn't make a difference. We were still too excited to sleep!

You'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLily View Post
I love the departure day! No matter how early or stressed you are, just knowing that in a few hours you will be at Walt Disney World make up for everything. I find for myself, as well, it is quite difficult to fall asleep the night before. Either i'm giggling with excitement or panicking that I don't have anything. Usually I care if I miss some sleep, but when I miss sleep because of Disney everything is fine.

Very nice pictures by the way!!! I bet you guys went to the Magic Kingdom. That is my final answer.
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures!! I didn't take nearly as much as I had planned to on arrival day. I definitely agree about departure day!! I love it!! But, the night before I can never seem to fall asleep!! I keep thinking of all the fun things we are going to do when we get there!!

Hmm... another vote for MK? You'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great travel day! Sorry about the sign, but you were still inside the World! I guess you can't resist that Magic Kingdom call
I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get a picture of that sign. Oh well...we were still soooooo happy that we finally arrived!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Grrr I can't see your pictures! Fabulous start, but I'm going to save more comments until I get home and can do it proper!
Ahh...thanks Tracy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lledman View Post
What makes the most sense not always makes the most sense while in Disney - lol!!!
That's so true!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #33
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Great start! So glad everything went smoothly from the plane ride right through to check-in

I also couldn't sleep the night before, in fact I don't think I slept very much the first night at Disney either!

I'm going with the majority and guessing that you headed to MK
Thanks!! Oh..I know. I never seem to sleep our first night in Disney even though I'm always exhausted from traveling.I'm either so overtired or just happy to be there and so excited to start our first official day at the park that I can't relax enough to fall asleep.

Wow...another guess for MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay, it's started!

It is kind of depressing though reading about your arrival when it was our departure day. Ohhhh well, still loved it. Getting to the ME area is always so exciting!
I agree! Getting to ME feels like our vacation has officially begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
Subscribing! I bet you headed to the MK!
Welcome!! Thanks for joining in! Hmm....MK? You'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Your attempt at the welcome sign picture sounds exactly like mine last summer. I'm halfway down the bus but my handy zoom will still be OK getting it...

lean to the left, good...

whoops! bump throws off my focus but I quickly get it back alright...

ok, steady...

now! do it now!

aaaaaand cue lady leaning into the aisle to take her picture.

I'm guessing you totally went to MK!
That's so funny!! Your experience sounds exactly like what happened to me! I thought for sure I was going to get that picture this time. I had the perfect shot and then she stands up. I guess I never realized that someone else would want to see the sign too.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #34
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
I'm joining in! Love your TR and can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading!!! Another update coming up soon!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #36
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The best $6 we ever spent!!! Arrival day continued...

April 12, 2010--Arrival Day continued.....

When I left off, we had just finished eating. Our bellies were full and it was now time to decide what we were going to do for the night. Now...what made the most sense was to head to our room, relax, watch Stacy, go to bed and get ready for a very early morning the next day.

But.....come on...we were at Walt Disney World and we were ready to have some fun!!!

So, for all of you that guessed the Magic Kingdom....and I think it was all of you. You were correct!! We gathered up our stuff and headed for the bus stop. If you've been to Pop Century, you would know to get from the food court to the bus stop meant passing through the gift shop....oh no! Not a problem usually but since we had limited amount of time to spend in MK, I needed to keep the boys on task, reminding them that there would be plenty of time tomorrow to start spending their souvenir money. As we walked outside we noticed a MK bus just pulling up. YAY! No waiting! This was going better than planned. Hopefully we would be there before 8:00pm.

Once we arrived our plan was to catch the train and head over to Frontierland to ride BTMRR. We had never rode it before after dark and if you remember from my PTR, that was very high on our must-do list! We stepped off the bus....and it wasn't long before we saw this-

The boys were happy to jump in for a couple pictures before we took off for the train.

We ran upstairs, and I was able to grab this quick picture as DH was yelling for me to hurry because the train was going to leave....okay, okay I'm coming....I just have to get this one shot!

I finally made it! Whew! That was a close one! We settled down, and enjoyed our train ride. A picture of Noah...a little blurry. I was still trying to figure out the best setting for my camera that night.

We got off the train and quickly headed over to BTMRR and was happy to see that there was only a 10 minute wait! Wow! I don't think we have ever seen such a short wait for BTMRR...well except for early in the morning. We hopped in line and before we knew it we were climbing aboard a runaway train. WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!It was such a great ride!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. I safely tucked the camera away in my bag. But, I just have to say....if you have never rode BTMRR in the dark....do it!! We loved it sooooo much better!! There was nothing like getting at the very top of the big hill and seeing Cinderella Castle all lit up in the distance.

The boys were begging to go back on the ride as soon as we got off. But, I wanted to see other things as well and after a quick check of the wait time, we decided to grab a fastpass to come back later just before we left the park. We agreed to head over to Fantasyland. Since, we didn't know for sure if we were going to make it to MK. I didn't make a plan. We were just going to walk, enjoy the atmosphere and ride anything that had a short wait time. A random picture on the way over.......

Ahh....the Liberty Belle....so pretty!!

Of course, the first ride we encountered when stepped into Fantasyland was It's a Small World. We looked at one another...

"Do you want to ride?"
"I don't know? Do you?"
"Of course!!"

I grabbed the boys hands and quickly headed inside. There was no wait, so soon we were climbing in our boat and ready for the ride to begin. Even hearing that song....over and over....and over again couldn't wipe the smile off my face. We were finally here!! I sat back, relaxed and snapped a couple pictures along the way.

After Small World, Noah and I decided to ride the Carousel. If you remember from my last TR, Noah had quite a few little accidents last trip, including one on the Carousel. But...I'm happy to report everything went much more smoothly this year and we had a great ride!!

I grabbed a quick picture of the castle as we got off--

And then waited for the boys to try their luck at the sword...
First up was Nick....Come on Nick, you can do it!!!!!

Next was Noah....of course, little brother had to try too!!

Hmm....no luck?? Well...they say two is better than one...right?

Oh well...better luck next time!!

One more of the Carousel on our way by....

The boys were practically running ahead and we reminded them to slow down that we would be there soon!! Where were they so excited to go? Yes, Nick had just noticed that we were now able to use our fastpasses. What about waiting until just before we left.....wasn't that the plan? What I am saying?? There was no plans for this night! So...back to BTMRR we went!!!

Next up: Our magical night continues.......

Old 04-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #37
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here! Now to catch up
YAY!!! I'm so glad you found me!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #38
Stacie96
Mouseketeer

I love reading your trip report. We just got back from WDW and POP in early April so your pictures are bringing back great memories and wishes for planning another trip soon

Looking forward to the next update

March 2002 - All-Stars Movies Resort
June 2005 - Carribean Beach Resort
June 2007 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
May 2008 - French Quarter Resort
April 2010 - POP Century
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #39
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

LOVE IT! I can't wait to see your pics later today but couldn't wait to comment in the meantime. MK at night!

I can't remember if I told you this already, but the first time we ever rode BTMRR was at night. We were whipped around, slowing down and speeding up, it felt like the ride would never end and we were laughing our butts off the entire time. The kids immediately rode it again with George because he'd stayed behind with Demetri who at the time was only one and a half, too small to ride. Soooo much fun!

The next day (our first trip we went to MK back to back days) we caught up with friends that had visited the same time as us and we told them they absolutely had to ride BTMRR. But it was during the day and when we all got off they said it was good but they didn't know why we'd raved about it so much. It is waaaaay better at night!

The no plans, whatever strikes you in the moment plan is sounding great so far!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 04-23-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: haha!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #40
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Woo-Hoo! An evening at MK...there's nothing better!!

The pics of Main Street all lit up are AMAZING!

"Do you want to ride It's a Small World?"....is that a TRICK question!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #41
disney2mom
Mouseketeer

Hi Angie I'm joining your TR, great start! Looking forward to the rest!

DISNEY DREAM-MAR 2015(FIRST CRUISE)

Me- , DH- , DD-14 , DS-11

Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #42
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love MK at night. Everything is so beautiful!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #43
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

What a great update! It sounds like the crowds aren't bad at all and everyone is having so much fun! I definitely need to try BTMRR at night!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #44
lledman
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to do soo much on your first night at MK.

BTW - I love that Perry the platypus t-shirt - Devin choose that to wear that same shirt today to his pre-k screening - it's his favorite.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #45
kehunc
Earning My Ears

Hi, I am loving your trip report! ready for more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: