Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #151
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

I am excited to hear about the KP Mission! I saw all the places to get the Kimmunicator but thought Gabe might be a little bit too young yet, so I hope to get to it next time!! Glad you could make it back to WS even with the blister situation! I LOVE WS at night!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #152
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great update! We haven't ridden Maelstrom since our very first trip. We may have to try it again next time. I can't wait to find out which country your mission was in.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #153
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I love your F&G Festival pics!
So awesome that you had good bus luck(:
I hate the exit on Maelstrom, we always finish the ride at a terrible time, and have to wait for the Norway movie to finish.
I've never done a Kim Possible Mission and I'm dieing to do it this summer! They seem like so much fun

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #154
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Glad you got to do Maelstrom. Still haven't done that one, but I really want to. Can't wait to hear how the highly anticipated Kim Possible mission goes.
You should definitely try Maelstrom! It's short but fun! Kim Possible Mission coming up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great update! Love the F&GF pictures. I like the Gran Fiesta Tour too...it is a cute ride.

Those park figurines you posted in one of the responses are pretty cool!

Can't wait to hear if you made it to the KP mission.
Thanks Sarah! We love the Gran Fiesta Tour, it's one of those must-do rides for us every trip! Noah loves those park figurines! He also has the villain one with Sorcerer Mickey! It's very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
LOVE the WS!! We rode Maelstrom for the first time last spring. We ended up watching the movie because we wanted to, but most people moved through the theater and were able to exit on the other side. Hmm...I wonder if we just hit it at the right time when one show was ending and the theater doors were open. Only a VERY few of us stayed for the movie.

I can't wait to hear about your KimPossible mission! I'm sure the boys will have fun!
Hi Missy!

We enjoyed Maelstrom. It was shorter than I thought but the boys had fun! I actually would have liked to watch the movie myself, but they were too excited for Kim Possible. As far as the doors opening, it must have been just bad timing as the movie must have just started and we had to wait for it to finish.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #155
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
I am excited to hear about the KP Mission! I saw all the places to get the Kimmunicator but thought Gabe might be a little bit too young yet, so I hope to get to it next time!! Glad you could make it back to WS even with the blister situation! I LOVE WS at night!!!!
I was really worried about Noah's blister. I didn't want it to ruin his night. But, he did great and actually didn't even mention it until later on. I think he was just so excited to do Kim Possible that's all he could think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great update! We haven't ridden Maelstrom since our very first trip. We may have to try it again next time. I can't wait to find out which country your mission was in.
Thanks! The boys really liked Maelstrom. I was actually surprised because they don't like anything too scary...and I wasn't sure how they would react seeing the trolls in the dark but they were fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
I love your F&G Festival pics!
So awesome that you had good bus luck(:
I hate the exit on Maelstrom, we always finish the ride at a terrible time, and have to wait for the Norway movie to finish.
I've never done a Kim Possible Mission and I'm dieing to do it this summer! They seem like so much fun
Thanks! I loved seeing all the flowers from the F&G Festival this year...they were so pretty!

That's exactly what must have happened with us on Maelstrom. We had to wait for the movie to finish...and it must have just started because we waited for quite a while. (or maybe it just felt like it)
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #156
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up... I'm glad you guys got your second wind and made it back out to Epcot... I wasn't sure.

Sorry the swim was chilly!

Can't wait to hear about your KP mission! We've done a couple missions - Zach really enjoys them.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #157
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up... I'm glad you guys got your second wind and made it back out to Epcot... I wasn't sure.

Sorry the swim was chilly!

Can't wait to hear about your KP mission! We've done a couple missions - Zach really enjoys them.
I'm so happy we were able to go back to Epcot! I love seeing it all lit up at night!

Yes...it was a very chilly swim!!

KP mission coming up soon!!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #158
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Kim Possible, Some Exploring, and Illuminations!

April 13, 2010--Epcot~~Our Evening in the World Showcase!

Hi Everyone!!!

Before I begin my next update, I have to rewind a bit. I remembered last night while I was uploading pictures that I had completely forgotten we had rode Test Track again when we arrived back to the park. So, before we grabbed our Kim Possible fastpasses at Innoventions, we made our way over to Test Track. Of course, all fastpasses were gone for the day and the wait time was around 60 minutes...maybe more. Honestly, I can't really remember because for some reason I didn't take my camera out until we were making our way over to the World Showcase. Luckily we had our GAD fastpasses in hand and soon we were climbing inside our car, ready to hold on tight. It was a great ride as usual...but no tour guide for me this time around....darn...after such a great ride earlier, Test Track will never be the same for me again.

Let's see...when we left off last time, we had just headed back to Epcot, rode Test Track that I finally remembered, grabbed fastpasses for Kim Possible, stopped to take a few Flower and Garden pics, explored the Mexico and Norway Pavilion and now it was finally time for our Kim Possible mission. The boys were so excited to try this! When we had picked up our fastpasses at the recruiting center it told us to check in at the Field station in Norway. Of course, we were very anxious to find out what country our mission would be in. We found the station very easily and was handed a Kimmunicator when we checked in. The CM told us that Wade would communicate with us and give us clues for each mission. Our mission was in....drumroll please........

China! Which happened to be the next country over! It actually couldn't have worked out more perfectly as you'll find out why later.

So, off to China we went...ready to start our mission. Here are a few pictures of the boys engrossed in their mission!!

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun so I won't share the details of our mission. But here are a few pics I took while walking around.

We really enjoyed Kim Possible!! The boys especially! They had a great time! It really gave us an opportunity to explore the China Pavilion and see things we probably would have missed. I wish we would have had more time to do more missions..but unfortunately we didn't so the boys dropped off their Kimmunicator in the hidden drop box.

We didn't have to look very far to know what we wanted to do next. In my PTR I had made a list of things we had wanted to do in the World Showcase this year and one of the things on the list was to see the acrobats in China. I had thought since we would be doing Kim Possible we would unfortunately have to miss it again this trip. But as luck would have it our mission as you know ended up in China and just as we finished… a new show was starting....talk about luck! Here are a couple pictures I took while watching-

After the show was over, we headed to Germany and of course I had to take some more pictures along the way--

YAY! It's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs-

I love this picture! I think the boys look so relaxed and happy to be there!

We finally made it over to Germany!

We didn't spend too much time exploring though...it was one of our countries to explore last trip. Since we didn't have a lot of time to explore WS last year either we had decided to all pick one country we wanted to explore...DH had picked Germany. There was one thing we did miss from last year's trip that I was anxious to show the boys...which of course they thought was very cool!

After our visit in Germany, it was off to Italy-

(see..I told you that you would be seeing a lot of over the water pictures!!)

At this point, the boys were starting to get a little tired. So we stopped awhile to sit and rest.

Continued in next post........

Last edited by Angies1274; 06-14-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #159
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Kim Possible, Some Exploring, and Illuminations! Part 2

Epcot~~ Our Evening in the World Showcase continued.....

After Italy, we decided to get a snack outside of the American Pavilion.

We picked up some popcorn, pretzels and something to drink. The popcorn was supposed to be for during Illuminations but the boys had other ideas. I'm really not sure there was any left by the time Illuminations started..lol

It was starting to get dark and we knew we would have to be finding a spot very soon...

Japan on the way by....it was Nick's country to explore last year so again we didn't really stop but I did grab a quick picture on the way by-

and....some more over the water pics.....

Next up was Morocco!

At this point I knew we were getting close to France. I really had wanted to have more time to explore but it was getting late and I knew if we wanted to find spot for Illuminations we would have to start looking very soon as it was inching closer to 8:00pm. I am happy to report though that I located the kiosk that sold the Grand Marnier Orange Slush that I really wanted to try. I hesitated for only a second before I got in line and got one for myself. Oh my goodness...it was so yummy! Plus the glass it came in was very cute! Now..I had DH take a picture of me drinking it but he hasn't quite mastered our camera yet so needless to say it came out blurry with half of my head chopped off...lol...let's just say it wasn't pretty! But I did want you to see how yummy it looked...so here is a pic I found off photobucket....

It so funny...the boys kept asking..."Mommy, that looks really good..can we try some?...pleeeeeese?" Of course I replied.."No, Sorry guys." They were pretty crushed..their bottled water didn't look quite as tasty anymore.

France on the way by....I'll get there someday.

Next we had to stop and see Peter Pan and Captain Hook battle it out! Ooops it looks like the crocodile wins again! Can't you just hear the music!lol

We finally made it over to the United Kingdom.....

I had to get a quick pic of the boys!!

At this point it was just after 8:00pm and we had finally made it back around to Canada. This was where I had wanted to watch Illuminations from but after a quick assessment of the crowds we decided to move on closer to the pathway between FW and WS. It was still crowded but we managed to find a semi-decent spot and sat down. Honestly, at that point the boys were so tired and Noah had started complaining about his blister so we were just so happy to finally be able to sit down....anywhere! I took a few pictures of the boys while we waited....

I had shut the flash off earlier to get better night time pictures but after a couple attempts to get a picture of DH and myself, I had Nick switch the flash back on-

Ahh...finally it was time for Illuminations to begin! This was our very first time seeing it and we were so excited! Honestly, I didn't take too many pictures because I really wanted to just sit back and take it all in for the first time. Out of probably the handful I took only a few actually came out anyway--

Unfortunately, I didn't get any really good ones of the globe...although I tried. Just before Illuminations started a couple of people decided to stand right in front of us..and of course, they put their child on their shoulders. This was fine when it came to seeing the fireworks..I mean they are up in the sky...but it made it a little tricky to see the globe at times. All and all the boys loved it...we loved it! It really was amazing! It's the best feeling when you can see your child's faces light up because they're just so in awe of what is happening around them but even better when you hear one of them say..."Mommy, these are the best fireworks that I have ever seen!" It makes everything worth it! All the months of planning and saving....you realize at that moment what drives you to want to come back again and again!

After enjoying Illuminations, we picked ourselves up and followed the crowd of people making their way out of the park. In the distance we heard..."It's the time of your life....you don't want to miss out on right here and right now."

A few last shots before we made our way out of the park for the night....

It was another perfect night at Disney! We had been able to accomplish a lot on our must-do list in Epcot. But...the question was...would we be just as lucky in the Magic Kingdom?

Up Next---Welcome...Welcome...Welcome!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #160
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great updates! I just love Epcot (especially the World Showcase) in the evenings. It's a great time to just browse around taking in the countries and ending with Illuminations! I'm glad you guys were able to experience it! Can't wait to hear about the Magic Kingdom
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #161
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

The World Showcase is one of my very favorite places to be at WDW. You got some beautiful pictures!

My boys did the KP mission in China as well...so fun!

MMM...I may have to try one of those drinks! That looks delicious!

The pic of you and DH waiting for Illuminations is so cute!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I missed two updates but am caught up now. As I've said before, your Flower & Garden Festival pictures are absolutely beautiful! I am so sad that they decided to make it end earlier this year because I love seeing the park decorated with the flowers and topiaries.

It's good that you got to ride Maelstrom for the first time. We really enjoy the boat ride but have been lucky with our timing and have never had to wait long to slip through the doors and through the theater.

Glad to hear that the boys enjoyed the Kim Possible mission. Lacey and Hunter did it last year while John and I sat on an "off the beaten path" sidewalk and people watched.

First time seeing Illuminations! Isn't it amazing? We love it!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #163
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great updates! I just love Epcot (especially the World Showcase) in the evenings. It's a great time to just browse around taking in the countries and ending with Illuminations! I'm glad you guys were able to experience it! Can't wait to hear about the Magic Kingdom
Thanks! I love the WS at night...it's so beautiful all lit up! I'm happy we got a chance to just take everything in. Of course, there is still so much we missed...again. But it gives us a great excuse to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
The World Showcase is one of my very favorite places to be at WDW. You got some beautiful pictures!

My boys did the KP mission in China as well...so fun!

MMM...I may have to try one of those drinks! That looks delicious!

The pic of you and DH waiting for Illuminations is so cute!!
Thanks Missy! We never seem to remember to take a picture of just DH and I when we're at Disney. Of course, I get tons of the boys and a few with either one of us with the boys....but it's very rare to get one of just the two of us!

That's so funny you got the mission in China too! The boys had a great time with it! I'm happy we finally got a chance to try it!

Oooh...that drink was so yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I missed two updates but am caught up now. As I've said before, your Flower & Garden Festival pictures are absolutely beautiful! I am so sad that they decided to make it end earlier this year because I love seeing the park decorated with the flowers and topiaries.

It's good that you got to ride Maelstrom for the first time. We really enjoy the boat ride but have been lucky with our timing and have never had to wait long to slip through the doors and through the theater.

Glad to hear that the boys enjoyed the Kim Possible mission. Lacey and Hunter did it last year while John and I sat on an "off the beaten path" sidewalk and people watched.

First time seeing Illuminations! Isn't it amazing? We love it!
Hi Lisa!

The park is always so beautiful for the Flower and Garden Festival. That's too bad that it's ending earlier this year.

Yeah...it sounds like we were just unlikely when it came to having to wait for the doors to open after Maelstrom. We enjoyed the boat ride and probably would have stuck around for the movie if the boys weren't so anxious for Kim Possible.

We loved Illuminations! I'm so happy we finally had a chance to see it! Next trip, we're going to make a point to search for a spot a little earlier so we can have a better view.

Oh and I know I said it on your TR...but have a fabulous trip!! 1 day left!! You must be so excited!!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #164
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Your evening in WS sounded so wonderful Angie!! The KP Mission sounds like so much fun!! We HAVE to try it the next time around! We didn't explore the countries much with the kiddos this time. I hope we have a bit more stamina on the next trip, especially since Helen will be older!! They orange marnier looks heavenly!!! Looking forward to your day at Magic Kingdom!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #165
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Your evening in WS sounded so wonderful Angie!! The KP Mission sounds like so much fun!! We HAVE to try it the next time around! We didn't explore the countries much with the kiddos this time. I hope we have a bit more stamina on the next trip, especially since Helen will be older!! They orange marnier looks heavenly!!! Looking forward to your day at Magic Kingdom!!
It was a wonderful evening!! The boys had so much fun doing KP! They have already asked if they can do it again next trip! We didn't explore the WS as much as I would have liked but I knew we could only get so much done since we only had a few hours. Next trip, my plan is to try and spend a whole day just at the WS. As the boys are getting older, they are enjoying it more and more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: