Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #121
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Hey, Sheree. I just had to add that we also have the Hidden Magic book (got it as a gift last Christmas) and it was great! I think I'll have to skim it again before our upcoming trip.

For Tom Sawyer Island, I would guess it might be cooler if you can go early in the morning. A bonus of that would be that you might find one of the paintbrushes they hide on the island in the morning, which wins you some free Fast Passes (the ones we got were for BTMRR).

I definitely hope you ride BTMRR...one of my all-time favorites!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #122
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

yes...do the cruise and I will tell Mike we need to meet you!!! haa
Ok...authors for you and Meghan...the Mitford Series by Jan Karon is wonderful!!!! I love anything she writes....also, anything by Francine Rivers..her one book Redeeming Love has been a bestseller for a loooong time...that one book is one of the best things I have ever read!!! These are both Christian authors...also Karen Kingsley is wonderful, but I cry over every story!! Nancy Moser is great.....Ted Dekker is a Christian author too, but he is a writer of darker stories...like serial killers...really good stuff!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #123
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

TWO MONTHS!!!! In two months we will be at WDW!! Woohoo!!!

YAY for 2 months!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #124
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Day 3

Day 3 - Friday 7/30
Today is EPCOT day!!! Yay! I just love WS and hope to get lots of time there in this quick trip! Staying at BC should help!

Epcot's open 9-9
We plan on just getting some breakfast at the BC Marketplace (yogurt parfait for me, probably Mickey waffles or French toast for the kids, DH will probably like an egg sandwich or something like that)
We'll enter through the International Gateway and make our way to Future World.
Things to do:
Soarin'

Journey Into Imagination
Test Track - maybe
Living with the Land - especially if it's hot!
the Nemo ride

We have a lunch ADR at Coral Reef at 11:55. I'm hoping for a table by the aquarium glass. I figure I'll order some kind of seafood even though it might seem weird to eat fish while we're looking at them!!

After lunch we might go back to BC for a break and swim. I'd love to spend the whole rest of the day at WS, but it might just be too hot. We have to venture into more of the pavillions. I want to go to The American Adventure. I'm pretty sure the kids have not seen it yet. We've seen the movies in Canada and I know DH and I have seen China but I'm not sure about the kids. I want to see the France movie (since we're hoping to go there next summer. One thing that's a MUST DO is Japan. We are surprising the girls with Pick a Pearl! I got the little carraige necklaces for me and the girls from eBay. Thanks RinkyTinky!! I just have to remember to pack them!
If the girls want to , we may do a Kim Possible mission too. Hopefully we'll see some of the performers - like Off Kilter or the drummers in Japan.
We'll probably ride the boat ride in Mexico - it's nice and cool in there.
And for dinner...
Les Chefs de France!!! at 6:00 p.m. I'm really looking forward to this one! I think I'll try the lobster bisque (I've heard great things) and probably a seafood dish for my entree. I know, lots of seafood today. But somehow it seems more summery.
Of course, I'll have to have creme brulee' for dessert! Yummy!
The only bummer is that I understand Remy is only there earlier in the day and his last "appearance" time is at 5:20. I've considered moving the ADR earlier, but so far I haven't done it. Not sure if I should. If I have a 5:15 ADR, would we still see him? What if we're made to wait? We might miss him anyway. Oh, I wish they'd let him come back around at 6:30!!! Are you listening France?
After dinner, we'll probably roam a bit more and get a spot to watch Illuminations. I really like this show! The best thing is we'll be able to leave the park by the "private" entrance/exit and be back at BC in mere minutes!

I'm not sure I'll have a lot of room for snacks - but I'm sure there will be something yummy I have to have at WS.
The girls like Churros, I'm thinking of something from the french bakery, maybe a cold slushie drink! Any other suggestions? I know there's more things I've heard or thought about, but of course, I didn't write them down. I need to start an official list of all this stuff in my binder!!! I'm going to get serious about that this week!

60 DAYS!!!! WoooHooo!!!

Yikes! I better get organized! I'm still in search of the perfect summer park shoes!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #125
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi Sheree,

I don't know how I missed seeing the link to your PTR! I'm caught up now. I'm enjoying reading all about your trip. Your plans sound really relaxing and although I don't think I could handle the heat and humidity of the summer its fun reading about your plans and getting some suggestions for our trip. Great book suggestions!

Quote:
Day 3 - Friday 7/30
I got the little carraige necklaces for me and the girls from eBay. Thanks RinkyTinky!! I just have to remember to pack them!Can you tell me about these? I was thinking about doing the pick-a-pearl for the 1st time this next trip, but pre-purchasing a locket would be fantastic.
If the girls want to , we may do a Kim Possible mission too. Hopefully we'll see some of the performers - like Off Kilter or the drummers in Japan.We had a blast doing the missions (and we didn't have any kids with us).

After dinner, we'll probably roam a bit more and get a spot to watch Illuminations. I really like this show! The best thing is we'll be able to leave the park by the "private" entrance/exit and be back at BC in mere minutes!Where is the private entrance/exit? We're going to be staying at the BCV and I only know about the International Gateway.

I'm not sure I'll have a lot of room for snacks - but I'm sure there will be something yummy I have to have at WS. Jim's favorite is the funnel cake - can be split between a couple of people. My favorite is the apple strudel from the Germany Pavillion counter service.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #126
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Day 3 sounds great!

I've been to Coral Reef and it wasn't weird eating seafood in front of the fish.

The lobster bisque is delicious at Les Chefs, I highly recommend it. I think I like it better than the one at Coral Reef. You can never have too much seafood in my opinion. Then again, I'm a New England girl.

I like your plans, stick to the cool things and you'll be fine. When I went in July that is what we did, from one AC place to another. Quite honestly, it's hot but not crazy unmanageable.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #127
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
Hi Sheree,

I don't know how I missed seeing the link to your PTR! I'm caught up now. I'm enjoying reading all about your trip. Your plans sound really relaxing and although I don't think I could handle the heat and humidity of the summer its fun reading about your plans and getting some suggestions for our trip. Great book suggestions!
I'm glad you're here! The IG is the private entrance.
If you search for carraige necklace on eBay you should find them pretty easy. If I can find the link or the seller I will PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Day 3 sounds great!

I've been to Coral Reef and it wasn't weird eating seafood in front of the fish.

The lobster bisque is delicious at Les Chefs, I highly recommend it. I think I like it better than the one at Coral Reef. You can never have too much seafood in my opinion. Then again, I'm a New England girl.

I like your plans, stick to the cool things and you'll be fine. When I went in July that is what we did, from one AC place to another. Quite honestly, it's hot but not crazy unmanageable.
I'm relieved! I just thought it might feel odd. I really love seafood, and when we're near the ocean, I try to eat a lot!! We don't get a lot of really fresh stuff here with no ocean. Lots of walleye though. (all those lakes are full!)

Yeah, I think we'll be taking it easy, just doing whatever we feel like. The girls have requested a few things and that's cool. It's easy when they've been there a lot and know what they like. We're hoping to try at least one new thing every time we go (ride or attraction). We also love to try new restaurants. We've never eaten at any of the places we have ADRs for this trip!

I keep checking resort or restaurant availability to gauge how crowded it will be. But I really don't care. As long as I'm at WDW and not at home/work, I'll be happy!

Oh - I forgot! Went shopping today and bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flops! Got a deal with a discount from Famous Footwear - $17! They only had black and they had the ones with multiple straps in blue, but I thought they would irritate my pinky toe, so I went basic. I'm wearing them around the house and so far, so good. We'll see! I wore my other Tevas yesterday and today and I think they will make the trip as well. They are closed toe and heel sandals.

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 05-30-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #128
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad you're here! The IG is the private entrance.
If you search for carraige necklace on eBay you should find them pretty easy. If I can find the link or the seller I will PM you.

I'm relieved! I just thought it might feel odd. I really love seafood, and when we're near the ocean, I try to eat a lot!! We don't get a lot of really fresh stuff here with no ocean. Lots of walleye though. (all those lakes are full!)

Yeah, I think we'll be taking it easy, just doing whatever we feel like. The girls have requested a few things and that's cool. It's easy when they've been there a lot and know what they like. We're hoping to try at least one new thing every time we go (ride or attraction). We also love to try new restaurants. We've never eaten at any of the places we have ADRs for this trip!

I keep checking resort or restaurant availability to gauge how crowded it will be. But I really don't care. As long as I'm at WDW and not at home/work, I'll be happy!

Oh - I forgot! Went shopping today and bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flops! Got a deal with a discount from Famous Footwear - $17! They only had black and they had the ones with multiple straps in blue, but I thought they would irritate my pinky toe, so I went basic. I'm wearing them around the house and so far, so good. We'll see! I wore my other Tevas yesterday and today and I think they will make the trip as well. They are closed toe and heel sandals.
You are going to have a great trip, no matter the crowds or heat.

$17 is a great deal! I have the gardenia red ones which I love but I like having a basic pair of black flip flops. Shoebuy doesn't have the black ones in my size though so I have to go searching online to find them.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #129
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Slight change in plans

DH and I were chatting tonight about how we're going to have to pay the balance of our trip in a couple weeks etc. We ended up deciding to forego park hoppers (saving $200) and change the tickets from 3 day hoppers to either 4, 5 or 6 day base tickets. Not 100% sure which one. But I understand that we can add days to the tickets even after they are used. The 3 day hoppers cost about $162 more than a 6 day base! So we will use the difference to help pay for upgrading to DXDP.
Really the only thing that has changed is our plan for Sat. 7/31, which I haven't told you all about yet. That was our only day we "had" to hop and we have decided to change that around. I'll give details in a separate update.
By getting extra days, we will have the option of going to a park on Wednesday night or Sunday before we leave. I doubt we'll go Wed after dinner just because it would only be for a couple hours at most. I am hoping we could stay at BC and watch a movie on the beach. The other day/days we might add would be used if we come back to spend a day at WDW after we have gone to the beach. DH is not sure he can spend 6 days at the beach without something to do!!

So I will call in about a week and switch our tickets, add DXDP, make a room request and pay the balance. Yippee!!

Still shopping for the rental car...
So far, the Teva Mush seem to be okay. If they work out, I think I have figured out my shoes! Plus I'll be able to order them wherever I can find a deal in the future!
I did get both girls a pair of Mickey crocs today. They are turquoise blue and lined in yellow!!! Kind of loud, but they were $10 at the outlet. They can wear them in the fall. Plus I saved 15% by texting something to Crocs and getting a coupon. DD7 also got a pair of flips there, but they didn't have any in DD9's size.

So there's my mini update. Maybe tomorrow I will tell you all about the plans for 7/31!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #130
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

We're not park hopping in September either. I only used my park hopper ONCE in January. I feel like I wasted that money, you know?

Shoebuy.com has awesome deals on the Teva Mush and I can usually find at least 15% coupon code in case you want another pair for your trip.

I've been wearing mine all over the place and I'm liking them a lot.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #131
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

WOW! That did save a lot of money Way to go!
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #132
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

We rarely park hop these days, and it does save a bundle of money. Woo hoo for adding the deluxe plan -- more food is always a good idea in my book!

Now you have to tell us about the 7/31 plans! No fair holding out on us!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #133
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Saturday 7/31
Okay - I won't keep you waiting any longer. It's been so nice out today that I just didn't want to be inside. Now I'm taking a break!

Our original plan called for us to go to DHS at rope drop - 9 a.m.
We'd hit TSMM and then do whatever we felt like. Maybe get some treats for breakfast at Starring Rolls (LOVE the chocolate croissant and the HUGE muffins!). I like the Great Movie Ride, and might want to try the animation studios drawing class. We did not do that last time, but we saw the little show.

We have a lunch ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby. A Cobb salad sounds like the perfect lunch on a hot summer day doesn't it? Are there any recommendations for special drinks I might want to try at HBD or at DHS in general?

This is where the original plan will be changing. We were going to head to AKL for an early dinner at Boma and then go to AK for pm EMH. BUT, I checked the DIsney park hours and the EMH is in the AM now. So I decided to move Boma to a later time, 6o. Okay, so the plan is to hop to AK in the afternoon right?
No, we gave up that plan too. After talking about it, it appeared that this was the only time we'd use the hoppers. Totally not worth $200!!! Plus AK in the afternoon hot sun? Not really thinking that sounds so good.

We don't ride EE or Dinosaur. Really we go to AK to see the animals and shows and the safari. We saw Finding Nemo last time in Jan 2009. In Dec. 2009 we did not go to AK at all. We've seen FOTLK before. The only thing we have never done is Kali River Rapids. It would be fun in summer (not in winter for us!), but it would also be very busy on a Saturday afternoon and we probably wouldn't get FPs by the time we got there. We haven't told the kids yet, but we have decided once again to skip AK. For now.

So the new plan is to go to DHS as planned and either go back to BC in the afternoon, or not (we probably will) and then make our way over to AKL for dinner at Boma at 6. We loved staying at AKL for our one night in December and would love to wander around again and maybe see some animals. Maybe stop down at The Mara and grab some Zebra Domes to go!!! I will make sure to put them in the refrigerator as soon as we get back to the room!

With our extra days of tickets, we could opt to come back to WDW the week we're at the real beach and go to AK, but I'm not sure that's where the kids would vote to go. As cool as the animals are, I don't think that we'd feel bad skipping it again! Although this means I won't get to try Lost in (on?) Safari this trip!

So after our dinner at Boma and exploring AKL again, we will need to find our way back to BC. I'm thinking we'll catch the first bus to a park or TTC and transfer. As long as it's not going to a park that's about to close!

Depending on the time, we might enjoy some evening time at BC - maybe swim, maybe a movie on the beach (or both!) This is our last night sleeping at BC!!! I guess I'll have to pack a bit as well. Or maybe that will wait til morning! I'm not planning on checking out one minute sooner than I have to!

There's still more to tell you about - one more partial day. Has anyone figured out what I haven't done yet?
Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #134
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Darn, I was hoping that you knew of a super secret entrance.

I think the idea of getting more days instead of park hoppers. We have that same discussion each trip. Since this time we are staying at the BCV and during F&W we will probably be hitting Epcot every single day at some point in the day.

I think skipping AK in the middle of summer is a good idea. It's amazing how hot that park can be in the spring and winter, I can't imagine how hot/humid it would be in the middle of summer.

I've heard about Teva's I'll have to check them out. I'm always on the lookout for comfortable shoes.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #135
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Try the Hollywood at the Brown Derby! It was a super, yummy drink!

I think your new plans are great -- with the summer heat, you may decide that laying by the pool in the afternoon is the best thing to do!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: