Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #106
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
GOBS
Thanks! I'm looking forward to making them!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #107
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well,,,you have been a busy girl!! I have the Disney AtoZ book...its a tome!!!But, I love it! Everyone you can imagine is in there...stuff you never even heard of!!!! I have another one that is pretty good too..i will go look thru the Disney books I have later and let you know what it's called...I think someone from the Disboards actually wrote it!! Did I already tell you about that one?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #108
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Shawna girl! Any books you can recomend would be greatly appreciated!
I have been busy and am going to post my Day 2 plans next.

I'm just hanging out watching LOST (I'm also recording it!) Just saw an ad for WDW free dining.

Day 2 - Thursday 7/29
MK - 9 am - 10 pm with AM EMH
We are planning to go to EMH and hit as much as we can. We might grab a bite at the BC Marketplace, but I think we'll be eager to get to MK and hit the Mainstreet Bakery for a GINORMOUS cinnamon roll!
We also have a breakfast ADR at 10:15 at Cindy's. This is a surprise for the girls.
Each of them picked out a thing they wanted to do
POTC - Sarah
IASW - Paige (we just heard this will be closed for refurb on 8/1 until October)
BTMRR - ME and hopefully the whole family will go too (we've never done it)
They also both want to go to Philharmagic too. That will be a nice break in the A/C!
We usually hit Pooh and Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. Might try to get on Buzz too.
We're really going to let the kids dictate. DH says he doesn't care if he even goes into the parks, but we know that won't be happening! LOL!

I'd like to explore Tom Sawyer's Island - that's another thing we've never done.
I'm sure there will be a dole whip and/or mickey ice cream bar along the way too.
We will probably stay at MK until around 4 and then mosey over to the Poly and wander around a bit instead of going back to BC. We're going to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at 5:15, and then we're going back to MK to see the Main Street Electrical Parade (!) and the new Summer Nightastic fireworks! I sure hope they are good. I LOVE WISHES!!! I'm curious as to how it will compare to that and the Holiday Wishes that I just LOVED! By the time all that is done, we'll be exhausted and we'll hop a bus back to BC and beddie bye!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #109
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love your Day 2 plans. They are so great!

Sounds like it will be a low key day at MK. I like those kinds of days when you don't have a bazillion things to do on your list.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #110
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love your Day 2 plans. They are so great!

Sounds like it will be a low key day at MK. I like those kinds of days when you don't have a bazillion things to do on your list.
Thanks! I figure we've done so much so many times, and it will be so blasted hot and humid, we'll have to be low key.

I just saw an ad for a new Disney movie this summer with Nicolas Cage called The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I haven't seen that one before. It had some funny lines in it. Could be interesting. Disney's doing a lot of advertising during Lost. Must be since they own ABC! HA!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #111
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey~ that book is called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World...by Susan Veness..(I think she's a Dis-er)!Lots of hidden tips and magic to be discovered!!! I just wanted to say that when we went in Dec, we took the kids to Tom Sawyers Island.---HOT!!!!! I don't know what the deal is...but it was burning up over there...kinda like how the AK is really hot....so is TSI...you may really want to check it out..just make sure it isn't during the hottest part of the day!! I will be trying to think of any other good Disney books I have read....
Ya'll are going to love BTMRR!!!! Just be careful if you are in the last car...me and Gracie were in it last year and when we took off it is kinda jerky and she was just the right height for the back of her head to hit the top of the seat...she cried for 1/2 the ride...the next time we farther up and she leaned forward more as we started and it was better....Just a little FYI!!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #112
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like some good plans for Day 2. I really hope you get to ride BTMR!!!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #113
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

So Sheree, what did you think of Lost? I have it dvr'ed and am sad that it's all over now. This was my all-time favorite tv show!!

Your plan looks great! Anywhere you can fit in some AC sounds like a good idea to me!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #114
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hey Sheree!!

Day 2 looks GREAT!!! Just make sure you all drink water - lotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandl ots of water!!!

Books - I just bought (and finished ) the hidden magic of WDW - it was AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it!!! A GREAT read!! It is also a park companion - the way she writes it - she makes it sound as if you could read it while wandering through the park!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #115
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey~ that book is called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World...by Susan Veness..(I think she's a Dis-er)!Lots of hidden tips and magic to be discovered!!! I just wanted to say that when we went in Dec, we took the kids to Tom Sawyers Island.---HOT!!!!! I don't know what the deal is...but it was burning up over there...kinda like how the AK is really hot....so is TSI...you may really want to check it out..just make sure it isn't during the hottest part of the day!! I will be trying to think of any other good Disney books I have read....
Ya'll are going to love BTMRR!!!! Just be careful if you are in the last car...me and Gracie were in it last year and when we took off it is kinda jerky and she was just the right height for the back of her head to hit the top of the seat...she cried for 1/2 the ride...the next time we farther up and she leaned forward more as we started and it was better....Just a little FYI!!
Thanks for the book title. I'll check it out! I am thinking we'll just go when we feel like it to TSI. I haven't even talked to the girls about it much. I'll be sure to be careful on BTMRR. I'm just hoping we will all go on it together! I think it will be so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Sounds like some good plans for Day 2. I really hope you get to ride BTMR!!!
Thanks! I hope so too! I might even go by myself if I have to. Both girls tell me they will do it but will be holding on tight to a parent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
So Sheree, what did you think of Lost? I have it dvr'ed and am sad that it's all over now. This was my all-time favorite tv show!!

Your plan looks great! Anywhere you can fit in some AC sounds like a good idea to me!!
LOST - I'm still a little confused, but I've been reading some blogs and a thread on the DIS unplugged boards and think I'm understanding it more. I DVR'd it too and will have to watch it again. I hope they put out a DVD with more explanation on it! Otherwise I really liked it. So deep and thoughtful, I really was moved. I'm sad it's over too - I watched every episode. Thank goodness we got a DVR at some point. Since they moved nights, I'd end up missing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Sheree!!

Day 2 looks GREAT!!! Just make sure you all drink water - lotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandlotsandl ots of water!!!

Books - I just bought (and finished ) the hidden magic of WDW - it was AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it!!! A GREAT read!! It is also a park companion - the way she writes it - she makes it sound as if you could read it while wandering through the park!
You and Shawna both with the same book! LOL! I better get it then! I am all about keeping hydrated. Just spent two hours out at Sarah's softball game in the 94 degree heat and humidity. Just thought of it as practice for WDW in July! HA! Had my hat, my water, and thankfully, a lovely wind to help keep us cool!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #116
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Sheree!!

I thought the same thing! Ha! We are such booknerds! I think I am gonna let my oldest one read it over summer for a fun read...he loves hunting all that stuff at Disney...well all three of them do..maybe I will make them all read it! Ha!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #117
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

So I reserved a couple of the books you guys suggested from my library.

I also tried out a pair of sandals today to see if they would work for WDW. I wore them all morning at the school game day. Then I wore them around the house, to Target shopping. Now I have spent a lot of time on my feet today, but my feet are sore on the botom. Not thinking these will be good touring shoes. MAYBE for a half day. I'm going to my local sporting goods store to check out some TEVAs this weekend. And I think we're going up to the outlet stores this weekend so I'll check out the Crocs outlet.

Funny thing DH said the other day. "it's going to be so weird leaving WDW and not having another trip planned" Don't you think that cries out for booking a bounceback?? I really doubt we will. We're still planning on London and Paris (and DLP) for next summer and we've been tossing around the idea of going to Disney's Hilton Head resort for our spring break in March. DH also wants to try to include the 3 day Wonder cruise on 3/10/11. It's the cheapest cruise in March. He thinks you guys should all come too! Wouldn't that be fun!!!! We'll have to see how much that will be though. We'd have to drive for sure.

I'm planning to post Day 3 plans soon. Not sure if tonight or tomorrow. We're just kicking back tonight. Maybe have a bonfire.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #118
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm down with going on a cruise with some DIS buddies! Now, my other half on the other hand.....I'm not so sure. After this Sept trip, he says it will be awhile before another vacation. Not if I have anything to do with it!

I'm another fan of the Hidden Magic book. It was awesome! I plan on reading it again towards the end of the summer. I really need some good books to read this summer. I've always loved reading but I don't know of a good series/author to start reading. I used to love Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson and Mary Higgins Clark books. I also read everything in the "Left Behind" series (amazing books!). I need help with a good author to discover.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #119
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

For light fun reading I've been enjoying Sophie Kinsella. She writes the Shopaholic books. I also like Jodi Piccoult (not so light, but good stuff). Somewhere I have a list of books I want to read. I should dig that out. I have to find some paperbacks to take on vacation.
I also got a portable hard drive today, so I'm going to figure it out and copy all my pictures on it from all computers. I have to have my neighbor (he's an IT guy) help get them off the hard drive of our old crashed PC. I will feel so much better once that's done. My goal is to have it done before we go on vacation. So I've got two months!!!

TWO MONTHS!!!! In two months we will be at WDW!! Woohoo!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 AM   #120
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay for two months!!! I do think you may need to book a bounceback before you leave, so DH feels better!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: