Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #91
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Finally here and caught up!

Oh good, now I can post some more lists!!! Hopefully today, since I ended up with the day off. Lots of errands to do first though. I'll be back!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #92
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

I hope one of your "errands" involves relaxing in the new hot tub!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #93
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, I didn't get in the hot tub today (yet). It's been rainy on and off today. I did get almost all the stuff done I had planned. Went shopping, got the dog's flea/tick meds, got DH's b-day presents, groceries and got a cute doormat for the back door (by the hot tub - it is shaped like flip flops!). I just ironed on a bunch of Sarah's Brownie badges (I've been a little lax with that). Then I found two more! Next I have to prepare her sash for Juniors since she's bridging tomorrow morning! But I have to wait until she goes to bed, since the sash is a surprise.
We're watching Monsters v. Aliens now. Might get in the hot tub later.
The first night, Wednesday, we all were in it at various times. DH and I went back in after the kids went to bed and it was dark outside. SO COOL!!!

The next list - things I need to do before the trip:
1. Add the DxDP

2. Book rental car - I've been watching for deals and coupons. We want to use Alamo since we can pick up a car at the Dolphon and then take it to the beach and drop it back off at the airport.

3. Buy the kids Guide to the Magic

4. Maybe make a room request for the Beach Club. We have a standard room booked, so we probably won't have much of a view. But I think I may request a room with a full balcony anyway.

5. Still thinking about doing a Garden Grocer order. I think a case of water is a bit pricey, but not sure whether I should get that and some other things. Not much food, but things like sunblock etc. just so I don't have to pack them. DH says we don't need the water, but I respectfully disagree. I know we'll have 8 snack credits a day with DxDP, but I don't want to use them on water! And I know we will NEED water! We certainly won't need food items!

6. Call Delta about possibly changing our return flight. They did just notify me of a change, it was only 5 minutes earlier. But the flight leaves MCO at 7:55 AM!!!!! I'm NOT excited about that! We booked it knowing that, but I'm thinking now that it will really suck to have to leave Cocoa Beach at 5 a.m.! There is a flight at 11, so I'm going to check and see how much they would charge to switch to that one.

7. Go through kids clothes and see what fits, what to pack. I saw some cute stuff at Old Navy today - loose fitting tanks that looked like they'd be cool and comfy.

8. Go through my clothes and see what fits, what to pack!! HA! I have bought a few tanks. I think I'd like another swim suit. Saw some cute ones at the Lands End Inlet - not very cheap though!

9. Make sure to have some books for the beach part of the vacation. Paperbacks. Don't want to take library books in case I lose them, so I'll have to hit some garage sales or book sales. My kids' school has a fundraiser at Borders right before school gets out and we get 15% off. I have to support my school right?
I put together a list of books about Disney, Walt and the company that I'm going to see if I can find. There was a thread about them, and I'd like to read more.

So that's what I've got so far. I'm sure it will get longer and more detailed as we get closer.
I've also got to tell you all about my plans for the rest of our days. I think I only posted about our arrival day.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #94
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, I would like to know which Disney books you end up with -- maybe some of those titles will make their way into my beach bag!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #95
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I would like to know which Disney books you end up with -- maybe some of those titles will make their way into my beach bag!
I will be sure to let you know. Right now I'm reading The Man Behind the Magic by Kathryn and Richard Greene. It's okay. I found it at the library.
Here are the other ones I'm going to look for that have been mentioned on the boards:
Walt Disney by Neal Gabler (lots of people recommended)
Spinning Disney's World by Charles Ridgeway
Designing Disney by ??
Disney War: Building a Company Roy O. DIsney and the Xcreation of an Entertainment Empire by Bob Thomas
Disney's World by Leonard Mosley
WD Imagineering by the Imagineers

Older ones that were mentioned:
Disney A to Z by Dave Smith

Realityland by David Koenig
Someone also mentioned The Mystery at Disney World by Carole Marsh, but I haven't been able to get that at my library.

So I'm going to start looking for some of these. If I get any and get them read I will do a little review for you here! Then you can decide if you want them! I'm also thinking I might read the Kingdom Keepers.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #97
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you for not wanting to use snack credits for water. Order the water and pay for it with your grocery money (not vacation money). If you end up having leftover credits, you can get stuff to bring home!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #98
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Hey Sheree!! Sorry I'm so late to the party!!!! Love your lists!!!! I can't wait to see your Beach Club pictures...that is where I want to buy DVC resale some day!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #99
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I'm on board!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #100
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here and caught up! Sounds like a great trip.
Yay! I'm certainly not going too fast these days!!

Quote:
I don't blame you for not wanting to use snack credits for water. Order the water and pay for it with your grocery money (not vacation money). If you end up having leftover credits, you can get stuff to bring home!
I figured that would work out! We might stick around longer on our last Sunday just because we can! We can't check into the condo at the beach until late afternoon. So we might use up those snack credits. If not, we'll get treats to take to the condo. Even if we have extra water we will take it with us to the beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hey Sheree!! Sorry I'm so late to the party!!!! Love your lists!!!! I can't wait to see your Beach Club pictures...that is where I want to buy DVC resale some day!!!!!
Glad you made it over Jen!! You didn't miss too much!
I'd like to have DVC at BC too!!! I will probably want it even more after this trip! HA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
I'm on board!!
I'm happy you're here!

Well, I did a little more shopping today. Found some shorts for Sarah and a cute ruffle tank for each of the girls at ON. There weren't hardly any flip flops left by the time we got there. Saw a pair randomly laying near the clothes and they almost fit Sarah - but they're a size 5! She usually wears about a 1! Close enough! For a dollar, she can grow into them! We found $2 flips at walmart. I really can't stand shopping there, but I've been on a mission to find these Keen lookalike sandals for Paige. Sarah got some at Payless and they don't ever have Paige's size. I may order on line. Anyway, we were right by Walmart, so I thought, ok, I'll suck it up and go in there. On a Saturday afternoon no less! OMG! ICK!!! Now I remember why I don't shop there. Paige even said it smelled bad!!
Then we went to Target. No shoes there either. But got Sarah one more pair of shorts, a nice lighter weight denim. They are longer, which is what they want them to wear to school.

We had a late start to our shopping today because Sarah's Brownie troop was bridging to Junior Girl Scout. They had a cute ceremony with about 5 other troops in the area. We got to the church where it was scheduled at around 10:15. No one from the church was there to let us in! We waited around and decided we'd set up outside. It was chilly and cloudy, looking like it might rain! We even called the pastoral emergency number and left a message for the priest! It's really for when people die or need last rites! Finally we noticed a lady walk in the other door to the church. We had tried all the doors earlier and they were locked. So one of the dad's chased her down to let us in! We finally got going, about a half hour later than planned. And we heard thunder!!! It was DOWNPOURING outside! I'm so glad and thankful (God was watching us I'm sure!) we got inside! After the ceremony, I had to race to the car in the rain, drive up to the door, get out with the umbrella (that had been in the car the whole time) and get the girls. Then we came home, changed clothes and had lunch before shopping.
My poor dog was so shook up! He hates the thunder and he was home alone! Poor baby! He scratches at all the doors when it's storming or there are fireworks.

So now I'm making Gobs for DH's birthday treat. In case you don't know what they are, (I didn't either until I met him), it's a cake sandwich thing. Chocolate cake "cookies" and white/vanilla icing in the middle. All made from scratch. The last of the cakes are coming out of the oven now. Then I've got to make the icing. And oh, it's 6:00. Dinner?? Haven't given it a thought! LOL! Luckily no one has come in saying "I'm hungry!"
Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #101
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great list Sheree!! Not too much longer now. Woo hoo!! 7:55am is awfully early. If you can change for no fee, why not? Good luck! The list of books looks great too! Congrats to Sarah on bridging!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:59 AM   #102
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Yum! We call them Whoopie Pies and at the holidays you can get them in pumpkin flavor. Mmmm...

Could you share your recipe?

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #103
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Great lists!!! I can't believe you braved ON yesterday!!! I'm so thankful I don't work weekends. $1 flip flop day is always a bit scary. My store usually opens at 9:30am on Saturdays, but yesterday, they opened at 7am!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #104
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great list Sheree!! Not too much longer now. Woo hoo!! 7:55am is awfully early. If you can change for no fee, why not? Good luck! The list of books looks great too! Congrats to Sarah on bridging!
Yeah, I'm definitely going to call and at least check. I'm sure that's why the ticket was such a good price to start with.
Sarah was pretty excited.

Quote:
Yum! We call them Whoopie Pies and at the holidays you can get them in pumpkin flavor. Mmmm...

Could you share your recipe?
I certainly will. I'll post it after the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Great lists!!! I can't believe you braved ON yesterday!!! I'm so thankful I don't work weekends. $1 flip flop day is always a bit scary. My store usually opens at 9:30am on Saturdays, but yesterday, they opened at 7am!!!
I'm guessing ours was open early. If I'd checked, I could have gone then instead of waiting until after noon. Oh well. It wasn't nearly that bad when we went! We just didn't get the good deal on flips!

GOBS
1 egg
2 egg yolks (save the white for the filling)
1/2 cup crisco
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour milk *
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder

* sour milk can be made by putting 2 Tbsp vinegar in measuring cup and fillto the 1 cup line with milk

Mix all together. Drop onto baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 450 degrees. They do spread. You can make them big or small. My first batch is always a little gooey and I think it's because I bake on stone pans and when they're warmed up they do bake better.

FILLING
3 cups powdered sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp flour (I usually add more)
3 sticks of margarine and 1/2 cup crisco (I might try all crisco sometime because I think it's sort of oily with all that margarine. The original recipe had OLEO listed!)

Beat all together and spread between two gobs to make a sandwich.
I keep them in the refrigerator and package with wax paper as they do stick together.

Enjoy!!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #105
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

HI!!! SO happy I found your PTR! I can not wait to read about your magical/tropical vacation

Join my Christmastime PTR if you want! I would love to get your advice
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2468950
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: