Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #76
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Sheree--I'm here, finally!
Your plans sound great. After a trip to WDW, I always feel like I need another vacation to recover from the one I just took, and you'll have that built right in with the beach trip!
How's the hot tub?

Hey Plutofan!! Glad you're here! I'm hoping this trip is all relaxing, but I know I'll be doing much more at WDW. It will be great to hang at the beach again afterwards!
The hot tub is still not quite operational. DH wants to rotate it 90 degrees, strip the stain and restain the wood sides, then hook up the electrical, fill it and I'm hoping in another week or two I'll be in it with a drink in hand!! I could really use it tonight however! Had a garage sale at my house Thurs - Sat and the weather STUNK! It was unseasonably cold, after it had been unseasonably warm the last month! Windy, yesterday it rained all day so we closed up early. Got rid of a lot of things, but still quite a bit left. It's going to charity. Funny - while we were packing it up, the phone rang - CHARITY PICKUP - Yup, I answered that one!! LOL. They're coming Thursday morning.

On a PTR note - I did decide to move my Boma ADR. They apparently are not having evening EMH at AK, but rather have it listed now as AM EMH. The DIS still shows pm, but the official Disney site says AM. So, I thought we might want to go to AK in the afternoon (HOT, HOT, HOT!) and eat at Boma a little later. So I moved it from 4:30 to 6. Not sure if we'll do anything that night after dinner or not. It depends what's open later and if we're too tired.
I also officially canceled my LeCellier ADR. If you remember, I wasn't sure Les Chefs de France was going to be on the DDP. It is. So I canceled my "backup" I was nice and posted on the cancellation thread, so I hope someone is able to "get lucky"!
I'm super tired tonight (and still cold), so I don't have much else to say. I think I feel a list coming on, so maybe in my next update I'll have to start listmaking!!

To all of you moms and moms-to-be:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day, Sheree!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #78
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

yes!! A List!! I am a List-lover!!! Bring it on!!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #79
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well my friends, DD9's softball game got rained out tonight (Whew - it's cold out too!) So we went and got a bit of dinner at a chinese restaurant. That was our big anniversary celebration! HA! I'm still feeling the effects of my weekend in the garage in the cold. SO tired! Plus this rain is making my sinuses really uncomfortable.
Anywho, I am home tonight, relaxing with Dancing with the Stars.
So I said I felt like a list. Where to start????
Should I talk about packing, eating, rides/attractions, a to-do list?
Let's talk packing a bit:

Ponchos- I still have ponchos left from last trip that we didn't use. I might pick up another set at the dollar store.

Shoes/Sandals - I got DD9 a cool pair that are enclosed toe, like Keens, but cheap. I'd like to get DD7 a pair too. I have some similar ones. I'm sure they'll bring flip flops too. I'd like to get up to the Crocs outlet and see if they have any more for them. I got a good deal on them last time. I don't wear flip flops. I will bring sneakers, even though I think my feet will be hot if the weather is typical of July!

Clothes - I have been losing a bit of weight and I might need to buy a new pair of shorts or too. I bought a t-shirt that has that duo-dry fabric, and I'm going to test it out on a hot, humid day. Might want more of those. The girls are big into tank tops and they have TONS, so they probably won't need much. I MIGHT look for a new swimsuit. I'd like to have two since we're going to the beach too.

Park bags - My girlfriend is loaning me her small bag that I used once before. It's lightweight, nylon type fabric and I wear it cross body. It's big enough for my essentials. DH will probably have the bigger camera so we'll also bring our backpack. We'll carry the ponchos, ziplocs, camera (maybe also the video cam) and probably some water in that. I really don't like to carry much in the parks. I've done it once with just stuff in my pockets, but that was pre kids and not when it was hot and humid. I've considered the mini or the hipster in Vera Bradley, but decided I don't want to spend money on it. If anything, I'd get the hipster and carry a bit more than in my small bag. If the patterns that I like go on sale and I can actually get them, I might do it. Trying to save money everywhere, so I have been hesitant.

I always pack a small first aid type kit - a few bandaids, blister block, neosporin - that I carry in my bag. I will also bring a bunch of OTC meds - I will have a HUMONGOUS package of Sudafed for my sinuses, some mucinex, pain killers and kids' motrin. Plus I'll need SUNBLOCK too!

I will pack my guidebooks (for sure the Passporter) but I usually don't bring it into the parks. This trip I'll bring some reading material for the plane and the beach - some nice light novels to read.
Obviously, undies, and toiletries (I wear contacts, so I have to bring my glasses etc.)
I have a master packing list that I use for most trips and just adjust for the season. Obviously this trip I will not be bringing sweatshirts and gloves!
What else am I missing??
Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #80
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

chargers/batteries! Make sure you have all that electronic stuff!! Kipp picked the local Chinese place for his bday dinner tonight too!! Ha!!!!! How funny!! It is sooo windy here too...what is the deal? I haven't watched the news,but Meghan said it was so windy in Buffalo she thought the house was gonna blow over!!!!! WOW....
you may want to bring some chapstick too---and those sunblock sticks for the girls' faces....pony tail holders...that hair gets sticky in the summer with all the humidity..... I know you said you don't really like flip flops, but have you tried the Crocs flip flops? Remember I had those pink and green ones like Sarah had? I wore those 3 times to Disney!!! They really do support your feet well---I am a tennis shoe girl for extreme walking, but my feet got so hot and tired I just bailed out and stuck with the Crocs...this last trip I got a pair that were less 'bright'! I had the brown with light pink...you are gonna hate those tennis shoes by the time the weeks over....bathing suits..I am looking at Lands End...some are reeeaaaally cute!!!ok....nighty night!!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #81
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Packing list looks good! I saw your question over on my PTR about the Guide to the Magic. I just bought one for Chelsea and Connor to share -- they did fine with that at the time!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #82
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
chargers/batteries! Make sure you have all that electronic stuff!! Kipp picked the local Chinese place for his bday dinner tonight too!! Ha!!!!! How funny!! It is sooo windy here too...what is the deal? I haven't watched the news,but Meghan said it was so windy in Buffalo she thought the house was gonna blow over!!!!! WOW....
you may want to bring some chapstick too---and those sunblock sticks for the girls' faces....pony tail holders...that hair gets sticky in the summer with all the humidity..... I know you said you don't really like flip flops, but have you tried the Crocs flip flops? Remember I had those pink and green ones like Sarah had? I wore those 3 times to Disney!!! They really do support your feet well---I am a tennis shoe girl for extreme walking, but my feet got so hot and tired I just bailed out and stuck with the Crocs...this last trip I got a pair that were less 'bright'! I had the brown with light pink...you are gonna hate those tennis shoes by the time the weeks over....bathing suits..I am looking at Lands End...some are reeeaaaally cute!!!ok....nighty night!!
Oh yes! DH is usually in charge of the electronics, but I put it on the list anyway so I can double check! I never go anywhere without chapstick with SPF! I have one pair of sandals that I like for walking and will most likely switch off with sneakers. Unless I find another pair between now and July! I just can't stand that thing between the toes!!! Maybe another type would work for me. Ponys and headbands are a must! They use them most days even when it's cool, so I know those will come with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Packing list looks good! I saw your question over on my PTR about the Guide to the Magic. I just bought one for Chelsea and Connor to share -- they did fine with that at the time!
Excellent!! Thanks! I'll put that book on my shopping list! Oh, another list to make!! Yipee!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #83
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOOT! Finally found my way over here Sheree!!! YAY!!!!!!

Got to love a good packing list!!!

WOOT...yay for losing weight that is fantastic! I'm finally back into the swing of things and have been working out and watching what I eat! It's not easy so WTG!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #84
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

WOOT...yay for losing weight that is fantastic! I'm finally back into the swing of things and have been working out and watching what I eat! It's not easy so WTG!!!
Jen!!! How have you been?!!!! Have you made any decisions about the move? How did the interviews go?I have missed hearing from you..all us Snowbirdies are still hangin' around the Community board if you want to come visit sometime!!!!....Now, back to "The Beautyand the Beach"....
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #85
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Have you ever went to Disney in the summer Sheree? I have not so not sure exactly how "hot" hot really is. Maybe some of those misting fans? Can you pre-order a case of water to keep in our room? We did that in December from Costco and got a really great deal!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #86
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I have been in the summer --June and the end of July...plus where I live isn't too much cooler! Hot really means HOT!! Add in the humidity and it's a tiring day! Stay out of the heat in the middle of the day...and drink tons of water...the early part of the day and later in the evening are better...but from right before noon til after 3 is really killer...especially if you have no cloud coverage...
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #87
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

HI Jen!!! glad you made it! There will be plenty more lists to come in this PTR!!
Hope all your crazy moving stuff is going well.

Quote:
Jen!!! How have you been?!!!! Have you made any decisions about the move? How did the interviews go?I have missed hearing from you..all us Snowbirdies are still hangin' around the Community board if you want to come visit sometime!!!!....Now, back to "The Beautyand the Beach"....
Yeah, Jen - keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Have you ever went to Disney in the summer Sheree? I have not so not sure exactly how "hot" hot really is. Maybe some of those misting fans? Can you pre-order a case of water to keep in our room? We did that in December from Costco and got a really great deal!
I was there once in summer - June - my first trip to WDW. I thought everyone was crazy to go in summer. I still kind of think that! I know for sure I'm going to get my hair cut short before we go! Otherwise it will be all wild with the humidity.
I will definitely think about ordering water. Even if we're on DxDP, I hate to use all my snack credits for water.
Quote:
I have been in the summer --June and the end of July...plus where I live isn't too much cooler! Hot really means HOT!! Add in the humidity and it's a tiring day! Stay out of the heat in the middle of the day...and drink tons of water...the early part of the day and later in the evening are better...but from right before noon til after 3 is really killer...especially if you have no cloud coverage...
Oh I totally plan on melting!!! LOL I only think there is one day we are not going back to the hotel during afternoon hours and we will definitely find indoor things to do! I hope to enjoy the later hours in the parks too.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #88
gellybean
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!

Your plans look great!!

I'm so bummed though! We're gonna miss each other by 2 days looks like. If y'all end up going back for a day the next week you'll have to let me know and maybe we'll still be there!!

It'll be here before we know it!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
gellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #89
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
I'm here!!

Your plans look great!!

I'm so bummed though! We're gonna miss each other by 2 days looks like. If y'all end up going back for a day the next week you'll have to let me know and maybe we'll still be there!!

It'll be here before we know it!
Yeah! I'll keep in touch and maybe we can meet up. We'll have to exchange contact info before then!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #90
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Finally here and caught up!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: