Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #151
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yep, we made our final payment this week.

Shopping is a great way to end your last day (kind of) at Disney. My vote is definitely for a treat at Ghiradelli's. I always drool a little when I see pictures of all those yummy sundaes there.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #152
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Shopping in DtD sounds like fun! I hope you can squeeze in a visit to Ghiradelli!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #154
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Yea, I bet when it's 11 am here, it's 5 where you are! That's how I'm going to justify having a drink with my lunch! I'll toast to you in Europe! (am I right that you're in Europe? Sometimes I mix people up!)
Yep! We're six hours ahead of WDW. Cheers!

We often seem to end up at DTD on our last day. It's a good way to ease yourself away. But it's nice to know you'll be back soon!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #155
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Isn't making the final payment such a great feeling Sheree?! Love that!! DTD has so many neat things. WPE was good but we all liked EoS just a little bit better. Definitely get some yummy ice cream before you leave though!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #156
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun!! I think you will like Beaches and Cream if you are staying to swim one more time!! Only thing is, last time we couldnt make ressies...just had to wait your turn...maybe they have changed it by now....you will get an ice cream there during the week at some point while at the pool I know....it's just impossible not to!!!!! By the time your kids get all their school done, dance finished and lined up for summer classes, it'll be time to go!! I hope you get at least a week or two between now & then to rest!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #157
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yep, we made our final payment this week.

Shopping is a great way to end your last day (kind of) at Disney. My vote is definitely for a treat at Ghiradelli's. I always drool a little when I see pictures of all those yummy sundaes there.
Woohoo for making your final payment!
I'm really hoping Ghiradelli's works out. Problem is - it's a Sunday and will probably be crowded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Shopping in DtD sounds like fun! I hope you can squeeze in a visit to Ghiradelli!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You must try a treat from Ghiradellhi. I recommend the berry sundae, CHOCOLATE COVERED BLUEBERRIES! Yum.
OOH, that sounds good. We were at a Harry & David store recently and they were sampling chocolate covered blueberries. SO yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Yep! We're six hours ahead of WDW. Cheers!

We often seem to end up at DTD on our last day. It's a good way to ease yourself away. But it's nice to know you'll be back soon!
I'll remember that so I can toast at the appropriate time! I figure DTD helps to make the trip last because I can buy souvenirs!
I'm really happy that we get to come back for at least one day. It's looking like it will be Wednesday, especially if we want to go to MK. That way we can see the parade and fireworks again. No EMH for us and no PH, so we have to choose wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Isn't making the final payment such a great feeling Sheree?! Love that!! DTD has so many neat things. WPE was good but we all liked EoS just a little bit better. Definitely get some yummy ice cream before you leave though!!
I like the idea of just "winging it" at DTD. Whatever floats our boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sounds like fun!! I think you will like Beaches and Cream if you are staying to swim one more time!! Only thing is, last time we couldnt make ressies...just had to wait your turn...maybe they have changed it by now....you will get an ice cream there during the week at some point while at the pool I know....it's just impossible not to!!!!! By the time your kids get all their school done, dance finished and lined up for summer classes, it'll be time to go!! I hope you get at least a week or two between now & then to rest!!!!
You still can't make ADRs for Beaches and Cream, so we'll just pop over and see what it's like. Maybe just get some ice cream from the takeout window.

The girls' dance dress rehearsals went well - they were so cute! During Sarah's rehearsal, the competition lines were also scheduled, so we watched a few numbers. Really impressive. Sarah was thrilled! After a particularly cool tap number (11 year olds), Sarah says, "How do they DO that!". I said, they practice a lot!! She says, "I want to be on competition line!". I know they have to take summer classes to be on comp line. So I called the dance studio today to check on summer classes for Sarah. To do that, she must take a special class, as well as a ballet class this summer. Then they have try outs in August. There is a third class she "could" take. She'd need that to be on one of the two lines that is for her age. That one has some conflict with a couple softball games. She would rather do dance, but I don't like that she is willing to bail on softball after making a commitment, so we have to figure that out.
It would cost around $200 for the 6 weeks.
Paige has no interest in competition lines, but she might take just a basic ballet in the summer. She is signed up for NOTHING this summer, so I hope she does it.

I'll find out more on Thursday, our last dance class. Then Saturday and Sunday are recitals! Should be a fun weekend. I will take some pictures of the girls in costume and post next week.

I listened to an old DIS Unplugged podcast (August 2008) that had a dining review of Captain's Grill. It was HORRIBLE! The food was cold and the service really bad, including a manager! Please, someone tell me that it's better now! I'm going to send an email to the podcast to find out if maybe they had a management change since then and hope it's better!

Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #158
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Oh crap! I have heard it was wonderful!!Are you talking about that Kevin guy? If so, I read stuff about him before--he tends to be very hard on all the restaurants....regular people like us all give it thumbs up!.... I hope it is great because that is where we have dinner if we do the MVMCP in Nov.....I wanted to eat kinda early and we didn't want to do Tonys again...hence, all the reading i did and got a wonderful impression...even on Passporter and TGM.....
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #159
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Oh crap! I have heard it was wonderful!!Are you talking about that Kevin guy? If so, I read stuff about him before--he tends to be very hard on all the restaurants....regular people like us all give it thumbs up!.... I hope it is great because that is where we have dinner if we do the MVMCP in Nov.....I wanted to eat kinda early and we didn't want to do Tonys again...hence, all the reading i did and got a wonderful impression...even on Passporter and TGM.....
Yup, it was Kevin. The stuff he was complaining about was pretty bad. I'm hoping that since then it has improved. I've read some other reviews that were positive and the menu looks really good, so I'm going to do it any way. He does always say to go and judge for yourself too. I will certainly report back!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #160
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I haven't really read anything bad about any of the food places at the BC/YC areas....just Kevin!!!!! Yeah..let me know how it is...and we aren't going to be getting anything exotic...just regular food...well, ds14 might try something different, but the other 2 sure won't!!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #161
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, we are at T - 50 days today!!!
I wish I had something exciting to mark the day with, but I don't. I was going to call Disney today to make my changes and final payment, but got distracted tonight. Dave's nephew and wife came over for a while and it got kind of late before they left. We did spend plenty of time chatting about Disney though! That was fun.
This nephew is SIL Sharon's son and they went to WDW often when he was young. His wife has been, but not in years, so she doesn't remember much. Hopefully they will get to go soon. I told them I'm happy to share my guide books and planning tips!! Maybe they'll go when I don't have a trip planned so I can live vicariously through them by helping them plan!

In other planning news, I ordered a pair of sandals for Paige on line at Payless today. A friend gave me a 20% off coupon good through today. If you have it delivered to a local store the shipping is free! Hope they fit! If so, I think we are set for shoes!

So tomorrow will have to be pay in full day! It will be 7 weeks out tomorrow!
DH is perusing the Disney secrets app on the iphone right now. Of course, half the stuff he mentions, I already knew! (I may have checked out that app before...)
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #162
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy 50 days!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #163
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Yup, it was Kevin. The stuff he was complaining about was pretty bad. I'm hoping that since then it has improved. I've read some other reviews that were positive and the menu looks really good, so I'm going to do it any way. He does always say to go and judge for yourself too. I will certainly report back!
I agree I'd go and judge for yourself. It's always hard taking someone else's opinion about food. If you don't have exactly the same tastes how can you know wether you'd like it? For me its the same with movie/book reviews. I need to know what other movies/books you've read to know if we have the same taste to know whether your thumbs up/thumbs down will sway me.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #164
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

ooh girl!! I didn't realize it was 50 days!!! Happy 50 and counting!!! which means I am at 150 something..that just doesnt sound as good as yours!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #165
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

These 50 days are gonna fly by! So excited for you!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: