Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #136
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
Darn, I was hoping that you knew of a super secret entrance.

I think the idea of getting more days instead of park hoppers. We have that same discussion each trip. Since this time we are staying at the BCV and during F&W we will probably be hitting Epcot every single day at some point in the day.

I think skipping AK in the middle of summer is a good idea. It's amazing how hot that park can be in the spring and winter, I can't imagine how hot/humid it would be in the middle of summer.

I've heard about Teva's I'll have to check them out. I'm always on the lookout for comfortable shoes.
Yeah, I wish I had my own entrance! But I'm excited about using the IG!
I would love to go to Epcot every day (I'd hit all the WS food!) but my crazy family thinks there are other places to go! I am sure that none of us will really miss AK. Didn't bother us in December that we didn't go. I keep telling DH - some day we're going to have to go for 8 or 9 days so we can go everywhere and still have some down time at the resort. Ideally the Poly or someplace wonderful! I'd need a pretty dang good discount for that to happen!
The Tevas are doing okay so far. I wore them around today while I was putzing around the house and doing a couple errands. So far, so good. The thingy between the toes is still a bit weird to me, but it doesn't hurt or cause blisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Try the Hollywood at the Brown Derby! It was a super, yummy drink!

I think your new plans are great -- with the summer heat, you may decide that laying by the pool in the afternoon is the best thing to do!
OOH, what's in the Hollywood??? It might be just what I need after a DHS morning of TSM crazies!!
I know we want to enjoy that pool that everyone claims is best on property. That's partly why we picked that resort. Even though this trip is short, we do want to enjoy the resort as much as we can.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #137
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hey Sheree!!

I think it is a solid plan to ditch the PH's and skip AK - Waaayyyy tooo hot!!

The movie in France was meh for us but definitely a great way to get out of the heat!!

Glad you finally found some shoes! I really hope they work for you!!

My favourite drink at DHS was definitely the Frozen Lemonade!! So cold and so very yummy!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #138
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
OOH, what's in the Hollywood??? It might be just what I need after a DHS morning of TSM crazies!!
I couldn't remember, so I had to go look it up -- vodka, chambord, and pineapple juice. It was a lovely pink color and very light and fruity!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #139
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Sheree!!

I think it is a solid plan to ditch the PH's and skip AK - Waaayyyy tooo hot!!

The movie in France was meh for us but definitely a great way to get out of the heat!!

Glad you finally found some shoes! I really hope they work for you!!

My favourite drink at DHS was definitely the Frozen Lemonade!! So cold and so very yummy!!!
Hi Kimmy!!!! How are you? I cannot remember the movie in France - I think I saw it many years ago (pre -kids maybe?)
I know I will be enjoying frozen lemonades! It will be cool and refreshing!

Quote:
I couldn't remember, so I had to go look it up -- vodka, chambord, and pineapple juice. It was a lovely pink color and very light and fruity!
Okay, That sounds like something I would like. I don't even know what chambord is! LOL!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #140
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, That sounds like something I would like. I don't even know what chambord is! LOL!
I don't either, but it was tasty!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #141
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think those are good plans! The park hoppers are not worth being used only once.

You know, I've never had an adult beverage at Brown Derby but Jackie's suggestion sounds pretty darn good.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #142
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I just googled Chambord. It is a French black raspberry liquer.

Yup, I will definitely like the Hollywood!!!

Chambord is also in the Pretoria Punch at Boma: Inspired by the capital of South Africa, we off a refreshing blend of Malibu coconut rum, Chambord, and a luscious blend of fruit juices. - $8.00
Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #143
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey Sheree...glad you found some neat shoes! That always makes you feel better!!!! I ain't really keen on the AK either...wouldn't hurt me to skip it from now on....why or why does that park have to be so hot and hard to navigate?!! I only started taking the kids the last few trips...Mike and ds14 like the EE...ds11 and dd like the boneyard....hello.....we can just skp all that right? by the time you get over there and they do that I am ready to eat lunch and beat it to the bus!! That park just wears me out. We do 8 or 9 day trips and I STILL have a hard time squeezing it in for a half day!!!!! Geez!!! It's just a hassle for me!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #144
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just googled Chambord. It is a French black raspberry liquer.

Yup, I will definitely like the Hollywood!!!

Chambord is also in the Pretoria Punch at Boma: Inspired by the capital of South Africa, we off a refreshing blend of Malibu coconut rum, Chambord, and a luscious blend of fruit juices. - $8.00
You could make that day a Chambord day all around -- have the Hollywood at the Brown Derby, and the Pretoria Punch at Boma.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #145
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
It's a great place for a little nap! I don't really remember the movie!

Quote:
You could make that day a Chambord day all around -- have the Hollywood at the Brown Derby, and the Pretoria Punch at Boma.
WOW, those both sound good!
It's 11am here...but it's 5 o'clock somewhere right?
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #146
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Just read your PTR and am loving it!
Chambord caught my eye
I LOVE it. Try a little in your champagne

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #147
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your plans are really coming together! I'm with you on skipping the hoppers--much better to use the money for upgrading dining!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #148
MEK
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR. It was all that talk about alcohol that sucked me in - pineapple juice, chambord, and vodka - yum! I want that now!

I think it is smart to give up the park hoppers. I have an AP, but when I didn't I really made good use of the base ticket. Its a great money saver and I think its funs to do one park a day. It makes the planning a little tricky, but it also has great rewards!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #149
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey Sheree...glad you found some neat shoes! That always makes you feel better!!!! I ain't really keen on the AK either...wouldn't hurt me to skip it from now on....why or why does that park have to be so hot and hard to navigate?!! I only started taking the kids the last few trips...Mike and ds14 like the EE...ds11 and dd like the boneyard....hello.....we can just skp all that right? by the time you get over there and they do that I am ready to eat lunch and beat it to the bus!! That park just wears me out. We do 8 or 9 day trips and I STILL have a hard time squeezing it in for a half day!!!!! Geez!!! It's just a hassle for me!!!
I'm liking the new Tevas. Hard to drive in them for me though! I definitely need an extra couple days to make sure I have enough for AK and everything else! Guess it won't be on this trip!

Quote:
That works for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
It's a great place for a little nap! I don't really remember the movie!

WOW, those both sound good!
It's 11am here...but it's 5 o'clock somewhere right?
Yea, I bet when it's 11 am here, it's 5 where you are! That's how I'm going to justify having a drink with my lunch! I'll toast to you in Europe! (am I right that you're in Europe? Sometimes I mix people up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Just read your PTR and am loving it!
Chambord caught my eye
I LOVE it. Try a little in your champagne
Oh, yeah, that sounds good!! I'm so glad I'm attracting readers by talking about alcoholic drinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Sounds like your plans are really coming together! I'm with you on skipping the hoppers--much better to use the money for upgrading dining!
My Disney trips are turning into being all about the food! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Just found your TR. It was all that talk about alcohol that sucked me in - pineapple juice, chambord, and vodka - yum! I want that now!

I think it is smart to give up the park hoppers. I have an AP, but when I didn't I really made good use of the base ticket. Its a great money saver and I think its funs to do one park a day. It makes the planning a little tricky, but it also has great rewards!
As I said, drawing in readers via booze!

Yeah, since it's a short trip, I would rather skip a whole park than just spend two hours in each of two parks. Seems like we'd be wasting a lot of time running around. We really want to take it easy.

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 06-05-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #150
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Sunday 8/1 Our last day at Beach Club!

Well, I'm counting on getting at least one other day back at WDW while we're at the beach, so I won't be too depressed on this day.
We have breakfast at Cape May Cafe at 9:15. We'll have to load up the rental car. I'd love it if we had a chance to enjoy the pool one more time before we leave, but we'll have to play that by ear.
Has anyone figured out where I need to go??

Shopping of course!

I still haven't gotten over to downtown Disney! Since we most likely won't go on arrival day, we'll have to hit it before we leave. I must go back to Basin!

Last trip we bought a lot of gifts (it was December) of soaps. We bought one bath bomb (only one!) and we made it last by breaking it into pieces. Must have more!!! I will probably go to the Christmas shop and get a 2010 ornament. Or maybe we'll just hit World of Disney. If I use my Disney Visa I get an added discount!

If we have any snack credits left, we'll get some things to go. We still have a dining credit to use, and I suppose we'll go to Wolfgang Puck Express. Last trip we went to Earl of Sandwich and really liked that.

Maybe we'll take a vote! Or if we're still at BC and get hungry, we could try Beaches and Cream.

I think we should get something yummy from Ghiradelli too! Don't you?

At some point in the afternoon, we'll hit the highway and head toward Port Canaveral. I'll just pretend I'm getting on a Disney cruise ship! HA! We'll have to turn just a bit south from the port and go to Cocoa Beach to Cape Caribe, our resort for the next week!
Once we're there, checked in and meet up with the SIL's family, we'll probably head to a grocery store and stock up on some goodies. Drinks, stuff to make for meals in the room. It will be a 2 BR condo, so I think we'll probably eat quite a bit in the room.
Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants in Cocoa Beach are??

We're planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center one day and hopefully back to WDW for one or two!!

I will be making the phone call to Disney this week to change our tickets and dining plan! And make the final payment! YIKES!
I'll keep you all posted and will be making many more lists too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: