Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #46
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Will add John and his family to my daily prayers.

I still cannot bring myself to post a new thread here about my family (parents and my sister who lives at home) without crying. All three have cancer - the hardest was my sister's diagnosis two weeks ago. I can only describe it as a truck that hit us out of nowhere. I am just now trying to separate my everyday life from what we are dealing with or we will fall apart. Will try to post soon.........
Anna,
I am so sorry for you and your family. How awful. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now. When you are ready to post, please do. As I have found by writing this thread, many people have posted to say they are praying for John, but hundreds have viewed but not posted. But if only half do pray who have read this, John is being prayed for by 400-plus people. Imagine?

On behalf of John's family, thank you for taking the time to pray for him when three of your loved ones are so ill.

Brenda
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #47
Millie12591
DIS Veteran
 
Millie12591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, Texas!
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Will add John and his family to my daily prayers.

I still cannot bring myself to post a new thread here about my family (parents and my sister who lives at home) without crying. All three have cancer - the hardest was my sister's diagnosis two weeks ago. I can only describe it as a truck that hit us out of nowhere. I am just now trying to separate my everyday life from what we are dealing with or we will fall apart. Will try to post soon.........
Oh honey....I'm sooo sorry. Let us know their names so we can pray for them too. Bless your heart I'm so heart sick for you and your family, but know that this isn't so big that God can't over come it, keep your faith strong honey, if you need to vent PM me, if you want someone to pray with you I can do that too.
__________________
Camille~Mom of the greatest kiddos a mom could be blessed with~

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #48
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Thank you to everyone who has prayed and to those who continue to pray for John. Here is part of a recent update posted by his family regarding John's condition:

John is in the Intensive Care Unit in the hospital. While at home, he had two seizures on Saturday, May 1. He had additional seizure activity within the ambulance enroute to the hospital. He is stable now, although he has lost his lucidity. His doctors believe that the seizures were caused by the chemotherapy treatment that he has been receiving. They also expect that John's mental status will gradually recover.

Please continue to lift him in prayer between 7:00 - 8:00 pm. John needs prayers more than ever now. Thank you.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #49
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,900

Continued prayers for John. I also ended up in intensive care last year post cancer surgery, so I know he is getting the best care. They really keep an eye on you.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #50
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Continued prayers for John. I also ended up in intensive care last year post cancer surgery, so I know he is getting the best care. They really keep an eye on you.
Thank you for that insight and your prayers. I hope you are doing well now.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #51
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Here is the latest update about John:

"It is by the Grace of God and the profound love that John has for his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, that John is home and is sleeping in his own bed tonight! He came home at 7:30 pm. Late yesterday afternoon, the doctors felt that John was stable enough to be moved from the Intensive Care Unit to the regular floor. Today, John made remarkable improvement and was discharged home. He is still not 100% lucid. This will take some time, as his brain became injured because of the chemotherapy that he had been receiving. His doctors believe that, in being at home around his familiar surroundings, he will be better able to recover.

John continues to have an arduous journey before him. He will still need to receive treatment to cure his leukemia. This will begin again in about ten days. Right now, though, we are basking in the Light of Jesus, overflowing with love and gratitude for God, Who continues to carry all of us; especially John, in His loving hands.

Please, as you read this, say a small prayer of gratitude to God for carrying John through his trials. Also, please continue to pray for John between 7:00-8:00 pm. I know that God hears all of our petitions. Thank you.

P.S.
Even though John is not yet thinking clearly, he had the presence of mind to make the sign of the cross on his forehead whenever we passed a church on our way home tonight! It is obvious that John loves God with all of his heart!"
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #52
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenle View Post
Here is the latest update about John:

"It is by the Grace of God and the profound love that John has for his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, that John is home and is sleeping in his own bed tonight! He came home at 7:30 pm. Late yesterday afternoon, the doctors felt that John was stable enough to be moved from the Intensive Care Unit to the regular floor. Today, John made remarkable improvement and was discharged home. He is still not 100% lucid. This will take some time, as his brain became injured because of the chemotherapy that he had been receiving. His doctors believe that, in being at home around his familiar surroundings, he will be better able to recover.

John continues to have an arduous journey before him. He will still need to receive treatment to cure his leukemia. This will begin again in about ten days. Right now, though, we are basking in the Light of Jesus, overflowing with love and gratitude for God, Who continues to carry all of us; especially John, in His loving hands.

Please, as you read this, say a small prayer of gratitude to God for carrying John through his trials. Also, please continue to pray for John between 7:00-8:00 pm. I know that God hears all of our petitions. Thank you.

P.S.
Even though John is not yet thinking clearly, he had the presence of mind to make the sign of the cross on his forehead whenever we passed a church on our way home tonight! It is obvious that John loves God with all of his heart!"
What wonderful news about John. I almost cried when I read that he made the cross sign. It reminded me that last year when they just took the ventilator tube out and I couldnt talk our pastor came in and I made my hands fold together like pray and then a thumbs up.

I know God is watching out for John every day. Blessings to him always.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #53
Millie12591
DIS Veteran
 
Millie12591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, Texas!
Posts: 3,682

Thank you for the update. It's always good to hear new news about a person we're praying for.

Praise God for all this good news!
__________________
Camille~Mom of the greatest kiddos a mom could be blessed with~

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #54
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
What wonderful news about John. I almost cried when I read that he made the cross sign. It reminded me that last year when they just took the ventilator tube out and I couldnt talk our pastor came in and I made my hands fold together like pray and then a thumbs up.

I know God is watching out for John every day. Blessings to him always.
I'm sorry for all your struggles and happy that you're doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Thank you for the update. It's always good to hear new news about a person we're praying for.

Praise God for all this good news!
I was very happy to share the news. He still has a long road ahead of him but his faith and prayers have carried him this far and hopefully they will in the future.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #55
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up
 
cm8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DI, SC
Posts: 5,955

Praise God! He Is healing him in his own time. Thanks for the update!
__________________
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."


"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8



cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #56
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
Praise God! He Is healing him in his own time. Thanks for the update!
As far as I know, he was home with his family on Mother's Day.

Thanks for caring.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #57
Brenle
DIS Veteran
 
Brenle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too Far From Hawaii
Posts: 1,137

Update

Hello everyone,

Thank you for praying for John in the past. Here is the latest update about his condition with another prayer request from his family.

John was doing quite well since the last posting. He was getting stronger and improving on his balance. In mid-May, though, he started to have significant joint swelling and vision changes. His eye exam revealed that, once again, leukemia had infiltrated his optic nerves. An MRI confirmed this diagnosis. John emergently received nine doses (one per day for nine days) of cranial radiation to save his vision. This was his fourth time for receiving radiation, three times to his brain and one time to his lower spine. At this time John also started a new protocol. He began receiving Rituxamab intrathecally to rid his spinal fluid and brain of leukemia.

Through all of this, John has been receiving physical therapy three times per week. He has been working hard to recapture his health.

Tomorrow John is scheduled for another MRI, and our prayer is that his brain is free of all leukemia. John is scheduled to begin systemic therapy on Tuesday, June 22. This treatment will include five drugs that have been proven effective in crossing the blood/brain barrier.

Please continue to pray for John, especially if you can between 7:00-8:00pm. John needs prayers so much. He realizes so clearly how blessed he is to be loved and prayed for by his family, friends and even strangers. We are so grateful to God, for He continues to carry John in His loving hands.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #58
diz8297
The only culture she knows is at the end of a cotton swab
 
diz8297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RI-way to far from the World
Posts: 1,145

Just found this post. Will join the prayer chain. God bless.
__________________

DVC member since 1997
diz8297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #59
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,801

Me too !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #60
es45
DIS Veteran
 
es45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 1,405

Just found this thread too; joining in to pray for John and his family.
__________________
Elizabeth
es45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.