Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna99 View Post
I think this is what I'm most excited about! Can't wait to spend a lot of time in the shops! BTW, how far along do you have to be usually to find out the sex of the baby? I"m hoping we can know before we go to Disney so I can buy appropriate stuff, but if not I guess I can always get gender neutral things!
I was about 20 weeks when i found out the sex of the baby. My mom was actually at a conference in California when I found out and when I told her she ran over to Disneyland and bought a pink princess blanket.
We went to disneyworld right before I found out the sex and we got the softest teddy bear "my first disney bear" which was gender neutral. Shopping was definitely the best part about being pregnant while at WDW.

My advice is rest a lot, drink a lot, eat a lot. It shouldn't be too hard because you're going with a 2.5 year old, so basically do whatever they want to do! I didn't feel as though I was missing out on anything because we've been there before and will be back again, so the few rides I couldn't do would just have to wait. I also took naps in the afternoon.
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

I will be going in September at 31 weeks. We are super excited to give DD one last trip as an only child - in fact if it weren't for my desire to do that I would have definitely skipped this year (even though I want to go too). She will be 7 when the baby is born so this will definitely be lifechanging for her My plan is to let DD and DH do all the big stuff as usual and rest then. I will hopefully get to find out gender next week (I am so excited) so will definitely be doing some shopping. Other than that - lots of rest, lots of water, and lots of pool time....which as has already been mentioned is one of DD's favorite things anyway. I went when I was pregnant with DD the same week of pregnancy and that was a fantastic trip. Even though I'm 7 years older too I'm not worried.
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #18
cmskok
Mouseketeer

I am going in 6 weeks and I will be 31 weeks by then. The advice from my OB was drink water and spend afternoons at the poole. I have been twice while pregnant, once at 5 months and then this January, when my morning sickness began, signaling that I needed to have a test delivered to the Beach Club!!!

Anyway, thank goodness that Walt thinks ahead because it is easy to find air conditioned spots to rest! I have also found that there are healthier options every year so that the "heavy" food doesn't hurt so bad! Additionally, they sell Tums at most of the stores

Have fun!
1987 Off Property; 1998 CB Disneymoon; 2000 Disneyland Off Property; 2002 ASM;2003 POR; 2004 POR; 2005 PC; 2006 PC; 2007 OKW and AKL; 2008 SSR,1/2009 SSR; 9/2009 AKV KV;1/2010 BCV; 8/2010 AKV, SSR & BC; 1/2011 BLT&BWV; 1/2012 BCV, BWV & BLT; 11/2012 BCV; 8/13 CBR; 1/14 SSR

cmskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
MickeyMom2Boys
DIS Veteran

We were scheduled for a big 10th anniversary trip this October - ending with a 3 day cruise on the Disney Wonder. But we just found out #3 is on the way and I'll be past the 24 week cut off by October. We're either going to move the cruise to September or wait until October 2011 and celebrate our 11th Anniversary instead. Either way we'll move the WDW trip to September. That will put me at about 22 weeks. My only concern is my 6 yo. He has his heart set on riding Everest, Splash Mtn and ToT as soon as we get there - he's my partner in crime - Daddy doesn't do any rides with a big drop!! I think I can talk him into Splash or Everest, but I doubt I'll convince him to do ToT!! Either way, we are very excited and I am looking forward to shopping for the baby while we're there!!

Last year we ordered from garden grocer and took water, gatorade, grapes and apples to the parks with us in a backpack cooler. They were so refreshing during the hottest part of the day! We will definitely do that again. I'm also thinking about a camelbak so that I have water available constantly throughout the trip.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #20
Bekastar01
"Ferb, I know what we're doing today"

We're going August 28-Sept 5th and i'll be about 15 weeks by then. Just found out! So thanks for the great post. Just hoping I won't be too tired to make it around the parks. but this'll be the 'last only child vacation' for our baby boy

Bekastar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
Momof2princess'
Earning My Ears

OP - Great post! Last Sept. when we went to DW I was 23 weeks pregnant. There were a couple things that really helped our vacation to be perfect - and yes, it was perfect!
First, I would talk to your doctor before you go to see what rides you should skip. I live in AL so it isnt too far for us to get to DW and my doctor had been before. I took a printout of all the rides that say 'do not ride while pregnant' and asked her opinion. She told me, and again, this was specific to me and I am not offering medical advice, that the restrictions mostly apply at the end of the 2nd trimester when the baby starts to rise. My DD(now 6mos) was sitting so low in my pelvis that the dr said that I would be safe to ride many of the rides that pregnant women aren't supposed to. I skipped ToT, RnR, Space Mtn, EE and KaliRR. I think the rapids would have been ok, but DH didnt want to ride it. I had no problems after riding the rides I did, and my dr. told me that if the ride had a lap bar it was probably ok, if the harness came down over your shoulders then it probably best to skip it.
Second, I would start walking before you leave so the excessive amt of walking isnt a shock on your body. I read that you walk an average of 6miles a day at disney. So I made it a point to walk six miles a day before we left. I ended each day tired, but only a little more than I was on a regular day before we left.
Third, I recieved a foot rub or back rub each night when we got back to our hotel from my DH. It made it so I woke up each morning without any extra aches or pains. I really think this was the key to making our vacation so great.
I second all the previous tips. Especially the eating light one. I was so excited to eat my way around the world, yet I found that I didn't want as many sweets as I thought I would. This trip...I will definately try the cupcakes and things I missed because of the pregnancy!
Congrats to all you pregnant women out there! Pregnancy is such a special time. Take the time to relish it. I didn't with my first DD. I wished it away and her in my arms. My second DD was concieved through fertility. We had tried for a year and a half before turning to fertility. So that pregnancy I was so thankful for the gift and relished every moment. It made it so much more enjoyable!
Momof2princess' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #22
wcjoey43
Mouseketeer

my wife was peg. when we went and she just enjoyed the pool while i did the work!! lol
wcjoey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #23
KathyK
DIS Veteran

I've been to WDW four times while I was pregnant. Aside from skipping the thrill rides and alcohol, I really didn't do anything different than I would have if I wasn't pregnant. I will just reiterate what others have said about the importance of staying hydrated. When I was 7 mo. pregnant w/ DD#2, I was waiting on line to see Ariel with DD#1, and I probably would have passed out if DH didn't get me a bottle of water while we were waiting.
11/96 DxL with DH - He proposed at V&A! * 4/98 GF Honeymoon * 11/98 Poly * 4/99 BC and Disney Magic * 12/99 Coronado Springs * 3/00 Hilton Head Resort - We became DVC Members! * 10/00 OKW and BWV * 5/01 AKL - pregnant with DD #1 * 5/02 BWV/Vero * 11/02 BWV pregnant with DD#2 * 3/03 WL - still pregnant! * 11/03 BWV * 3/04 WL Concierge * 11/04 Grand Californian Resort * 4/05 BWV*11/05 BWV*7/06 BWV*4/07 SSR*11/07 Grand Californian Resort * 4/08 BWV * 8/09 AKV * 7/10 BWV and OKW * 8/11 VWL * 7/12 BLT * 8/12 VB*8/13 VGC and Aulani*8/14 BLT
KathyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I went over Thanksgiving 2009 when I was 28 weeks pregnant. It was a nice trip but I was tired a lot! I spent most of my time on the bench and went home early from the parks to enjoy the pool. It was warm on our AK day so I chose to visit downtown Disney by myself. Loved every moment of it!!!

I drank a lot of water, visited just about every restroom too. I think the worse ride I went on was Buzz Lightyear. I didn't realize the spinning would make me so sick! My son was 12 at the time and spinning like a madman. We got off the ride and I thought I was going to pass out. So, word of warning... don't go on spinning things! I am not a person who is normally affected by spinning rides. I love Mission Space and the Teacups.

Oh, as for what I rode...if there was any sort of warning, I didn't ride it. I know I will go back again in a year or two so no sense risking the little guy!
Ciciwoowoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #25
Avonlady1001
DIS Veteran

I've been twice pregnant, and am going again this September! LOL So all 3 of my kids have been there in my belly!

I've been on all the rides, so I'm not sad about that. Just that DD is finally big enough to do Everest & I can't do it with her!! Oh, well! Next time!

Like everyone said, take it slow & drink drink drink!!! It'll be GREAT!!
Avonlady1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #26
ilvdznee
Earning My Ears

I just got back from wdw & I am 20 wks pregnant. The heat was brutal but I just took it easy with lots of breaks, water & naps & did just fine!
ilvdznee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #27
ilvdznee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
What rides are OK to ride in early pregnancy? any suggestions?
I rode everything without a warning for pregnant women (mostly roller coasters & the thrill rides) I did ride the safari ride & I was confused as to why there was a warning for pregnant women because I thought the jerking of the Disney buses were way worse than that ride.
ilvdznee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #28
plutofreak
See you in a month Mickey!!

I will be 26 weeks when we go in July. I am most looking foward to shopping for our little boy!! I've also planned for many afternoons at the pools and lots of water. I am actually looking foward to this trip, taking a more laid back, easy going pace.

Loving the thread!!
plutofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #29
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

I had my first OB/GYN appointment this morning and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat for the first time!!! awwww, I'm so excited! This will be my first baby after having a miscarriage earlier this year in February (I had a blighted ovum, the baby didn't develop at all).

so anyway.... I now know I will be 22-23 weeks along by the time we take our Disney trip.. I will be able to know the baby's sex so that will be AWESOME for shopping! I can't wait to sport my big belly in the parks!

Question.. is pirates and the norway ride safe to ride? I know they both have small drops but I really love those two rides, pirates especially. And what about kilimanjaro safari? I think I've heard that pregnant women can't ride it because it's quite jerky? I think I'm ok with missing out on some of those big rides (at least I am now, we'll see how I feel when I'm in the parks! ) but the one ride I'm really sad I won't be able to do is Everest... I've only done it once and the yeti wasn't working right so I'd love to experience it the way it was supposed to be! oh well.. there will be more trips in the future... with our new baby!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #30
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

My wife (whom also uses this account and posted the previous post) also forgot to mention the ridiculous use of bathrooms. I highly recomend you know where the bathrooms are and not to be more then 30 minutes away (max) from any bathroom.
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kids, planning, pregnancy, pregnant, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: