Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

BabyWearing on Rides

Are you allowed to take an infant on rides while "wearing" them? I have 2 different types of baby carries, the traditional Snuggli where they face in or out and are strapped to your front. And the cloth type that you kinda wrap them to you.

I know on airplanes I always have to take the baby out for take-off/landing (which makes no sense since she is strapped to me I won't drop her or let her bounce out of my arms) and was wondering what the policy is for rides?
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
lilsprstr
Mouseketeer

I don't know what the rules are at DLR, but I was babywearing at Legoland last year and they wouldn't allow me to babywear while on a ride.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
khowell
Earning My Ears

We were just there not even a month ago and I put my 1 year old in the kind where she faces out. I only did it for a few rides though, finding nemo and pirates I think, and nobody said anything. I remember some rides I tried to sit her down next to me in the chair but the cm's said she had to be on my lap.
khowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

You can wear them, but CMs may make them face forward/face out. I had one ask me to turn my youngest DD out, but she was asleep so they said she was fine facing in.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

I strongly discourage baby wearing of any kind, because it can irritate if not down right annoy the baby when they are displayed like some kind of jewelry. he he!

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
goodeats
DIS Veteran

I know on Midway Mania they said she had to be in a carrier that buckled (i.e. ergo, snuggli, bjorn) versus a soft sling.

goodeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the replies!

So sounds like yes, for the most part. And I should use the Bjorn/Snuggli with her facing out. That's the way DH would be wearing her anyway so that is good. YES my DH is a Baby Wearer! He loves it.
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
Monkey Monkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats View Post
I know on Midway Mania they said she had to be in a carrier that buckled (i.e. ergo, snuggli, bjorn) versus a soft sling.
That's ridiculous, and makes no sense!

FWIW, I wore DD on TSMM in a Mei Tai, facing in, and no one said anything. I've worn her like that on POTC, Small World, BLAB, Dumbo, Monsters, and Heimlich. I wore her in a hip sling on Winnie the Pooh and the CM said she needed to be facing forward.

It probably just depends on the CM, but I've never had any problems with a soft carrier.

And my husband is a baby wearer too! He got a Beco for Christmas and wears her quite often in public!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Monkey Monkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
I strongly discourage baby wearing of any kind, because it can irritate if not down right annoy the baby when they are displayed like some kind of jewelry. he he!

What an ignorant and insulting comment.

I don't wear my baby to "display" her. I wear her because it's easier than carrying her in my arms, and provides me with more face-to-face time with her than if she was in the stroller, which she will only tolerate for so long anyway. She is not irritated or annoyed to be carried like that in any way.

But it's nice that you "strongly discourage" something you know nothing about.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Monkey View Post

What an ignorant and insulting comment.

I don't wear my baby to "display" her. I wear her because it's easier than carrying her in my arms, and provides me with more face-to-face time with her than if she was in the stroller, which she will only tolerate for so long anyway. She is not irritated or annoyed to be carried like that in any way.

But it's nice that you "strongly discourage" something you know nothing about.
I totally agree with you. When my daughter was younger (she's 19 now) she didn't like any of those devices so I had to keep her in a stroller. I tried everyone of those, which personally I think is a great idea because you do have more contact with the child. The only one I didn't like personally was the one that you wrapped around you because I just felt that there wasn't enough support to hold them, but that's my personal opinion and I know it works for some people-it just didn't work for me.

I say use whatever works best for you and your child. I don't see what the problem would be with them being in that compared to being in your arms, I think they're safer in that.
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #11
limace
DIS Veteran

I think the PP was joking .

I was in WDW in January with my 4 month old and wore him on a ton of rides in my Ergo, on the front. No one ever said anything and it worked really well.

It s gonna be more difficult this time-he hates the front carry any more, and obviously can't keep him on my back on rides lol-maybe we'll do more hip carries.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
ColoradoK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
LOL!!!

I'm so glad someone asked this question. We leave in two weeks with big baby wearing plans and I was wondering about such things.

My hubby is a baby wearer too!
ColoradoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

I think the PP (Gisele) was joking -- hence the smiley and he he notation.

My husband was also a baby wearer -- probably even more than myself (I tended to just use my arms; no clue why I didn't make it easier on myself). He LOVED our Baby Bjorn and was so sad when we recently sold it (our youngest is 3 now).

I think the strap on might be better for the baby also because there is so much to see on the rides and in the park and the sling ones (if worn across the body) can block their view. Just a thought...

Enjoy your trip!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
Monkey Monkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
I think the PP (Gisele) was joking -- hence the smiley and he he notation.
Yeah, I get that - except that instead of being funny, it was just rude. I'm all for a good joke when it's funny.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
auntiegem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Monkey View Post
Yeah, I get that - except that instead of being funny, it was just rude. I'm all for a good joke when it's funny.
I'm guessing this subject is very close to your heart (pun intended!), but I read Gisele's posting as completely tongue in cheek. If you go back and read some of her other posts, she seems to me to be a very friendly, non-confrontational poster who probably would feel awful to think that someone took her joke that way.
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2010
DLR (PPH) -- 9/2011
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2012

Last edited by auntiegem; 04-18-2010 at 06:49 PM.
auntiegem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: