Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #76
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

We used Turner Drug. All we wanted was water, so I found that to be the cheapest option for 2 cases delivered. I liked the option to use PayPal with Turner.
We've also had Garden Grocer deliver, but that was when we wanted other items like yogurt, juice, etc.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #77
PrincessDez
Mouseketeer

Garden Grocer/alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
How were you able to purchase alcohol through them? From what I see on the web site it's not listed. I do see it says you can request special request items at checkout but I'm not seeing where you should do that. thanks!
Garden Grocer will deliver alcohol. I put a note at the end of my order that said I would like to order a 6 pack of beer. One of the representatives called me (the next day) and we decided on what brand, bottles or cans, etc. I payed for it individually, and they needed my drivers liense info to 'verify' my age. We traveled last Thanksgiving so I placed my order over a month ahead of time. Everything was waiting at the resort (BLT) for us when we arrived. (They did forget 2 items, but it was delivered the next morning)
They are very friendly and deliver fresh, good quality food! I have used them 4 times now and have ordered everything from just water and sodas to a weeks worth of groceries.
I ordered water and sodas from them when I traveled last year and stayed at ASM. our items were delivered to our room an hour after we checked in. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Oct 99~DCL Magic~ASM; Oct 00~Old Key West; Oct 02~Polynesian; July 03~Swan; Feb 04~DCL Magic; Nov 05~Beach Club Villas; Jan 08~Yacht Club; Jan. 09~Yacht Club Concierge; April 10~ASMusic: Nov 10~Bay Lake Towers; April 11~Boardwalk Villas/Yacht Club

PrincessDez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #78
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
I would also like to know about amazon. Has anyone tried it?
This may be too late for you but I thought I would post it anyway in case anyone else was wondering about Amazon. We used Amazon in January to order a case of Fiji water to the Poly. I have a prime membership so 2 day shipping was free. I ordered it 3 days b/f our arrival and had no trouble. At check-in I asked about a package and they checked and said they would deliver the box (plain brown cardboard- you would never have know it was water) to our room. We were so thirsty after our plane travel and since we were in the building right next door, I asked if we could carry it ourselves. Super easy.

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #79
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used Staples??? What happens if items arrive prior to your date of check in? Do you have a comment put in your reservation or something? Rather have it be there early and be waiting for me.
chinarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #80
Lexcon
Earning My Ears

We used Staples 3x. I always have them deliver it a day or so before we get there. It gets stored for us until we get there. I then call bell services whom pulls it from storage and delivers it (usually with our luggage as we use ME). One time Staples showed they delivered it, but bell count not find it. Staples redelivered the order the next day. No regrets here.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #81
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Water and Gatorade Deliveries

Last edited by RHMH; 06-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #82
mimzkat
Earning My Ears

We will be at POFQ at the beginning of September and were considering having a case of water delivered as well. Then I found a great suggestion on one of the threads that suggested Bobbles. They are bottles with a filter built in. You can check out their website. The bottles are less than $10. Target carries them. I think we're going to go this route which will be cheaper and more "green".
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #83
packofjedis
Mouseketeer

Planning a trip where we won't drive or have a rental car, so we're looking into water delivery.

I went on Costco's website, and they show a Nestle 24 pack of water for $7 that says it includes shipping and handling. Can anyone verify that Costco will still deliver to resorts? I've read many mixed reviews where people said it worked and others said they were told their order wouldn't go through.

Thanks for all the useful info!!

Last edited by packofjedis; 06-23-2011 at 11:57 AM.
packofjedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #84
CrystalCastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by packofjedis View Post
Planning a trip where we won't drive or have a rental car, so we're looking into water delivery.

I went on Costco's website, and they show a Nestle 24 pack of water for $7 that says it includes shipping and handling. Can anyone verify that Costco will still deliver to resorts? I've read many mixed reviews where people said it worked and others said they were told their order wouldn't go through.

Thanks for all the useful info!!
It worked for me in January at AllStar Music. Hopefully someone's ordered more recently and can verify. I'm hoping to order it again when I go in Sept.
CrystalCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #85
LaLaDisney
Mouseketeer

Sounds silly because of airline restrictions on baggage, but has anyone brought water in their checked luggage?

DL AP-Too many visits to count!
June 2002-First visit to WDW on our honeymoon-POFQ
June 2002-First cruise on Disney Wonder
July 2002-CBR
Jan. 2012-Pop Century
Jan. 2012-Disney Dream
Jan. 2013-Pop Century
Jan. 2013-Disney Dream
June 2015-AoA

LaLaDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #86
Bushman15
Earning My Ears

We are staying at the POLY 7/9-7/16. Just ordered 2 cases of water online for $16.00 with free S/H.

We did the same thing two years ago... Used Staples for delivery to AKL. Must buy $50.00 at staples for free S/H though.

The order went through just fine and I received an email confirmation that the cases will be delivered 7/7... I'll let you know how it all works out when we get there. Bell Services always had our water waiting for us upon checkin every other trip. I can't imagine it will be any different at the POLY.

5 days and counting.... yahooo
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #87
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman15 View Post
We are staying at the POLY 7/9-7/16. Just ordered 2 cases of water online for $16.00 with free S/H.

We did the same thing two years ago... Used Staples for delivery to AKL. Must buy $50.00 at staples for free S/H though.

The order went through just fine and I received an email confirmation that the cases will be delivered 7/7... I'll let you know how it all works out when we get there. Bell Services always had our water waiting for us upon checkin every other trip. I can't imagine it will be any different at the POLY.

even better at the poly the last two times I stayed and ordered water it was waiting for me in my room. have a great trip, I'm jealous!
addicted2dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #88
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just curious where you ordered from........
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #89
Bushman15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Just curious where you ordered from........
Bought from Costco right there in Kissimmee... I'm sure the stuff ships from a warehouse somewhere though. Allow 2-3 days shipping. Mine should be delivered Friday at the lastest and waiting for our Saturday am arrival!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #90
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bought from Costco right there in Kissimmee... I'm sure the stuff ships from a warehouse somewhere though. Allow 2-3 days shipping. Mine should be delivered Friday at the lastest and waiting for our Saturday am arrival!
Thanks so much! Have a great trip - we will be at the BWI from July 12-26

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: