Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

Split Stay advice

We are planning a split stay for next Nov/Dec. We will spend our first night at WL, and the remainder of our trip at GF. What is the easiest/best way to handle park tickets and dining plans?

Can I purchase a 9 day ticket on the GF stay and have the park tickets activated on our 1 night stay? I'm guessing dining wouldn't be effective until we checked into the GF. Am I right? I tried calling Disney for answers, but they didn't offer much guidance.

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 4 months
uagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl View Post
We are planning a split stay for next Nov/Dec. We will spend our first night at WL, and the remainder of our trip at GF. What is the easiest/best way to handle park tickets and dining plans?

Can I purchase a 9 day ticket on the GF stay and have the park tickets activated on our 1 night stay? I'm guessing dining wouldn't be effective until we checked into the GF. Am I right? I tried calling Disney for answers, but they didn't offer much guidance.
I'd ask these questions on this thread ... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3322505
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Best way to go is to not purchase a package and buy room/tickets separately. Unless you really must get a package, like you want a dining plan or something like that. It looks like you want a dining plan, so you'd have to check the ticket sticky for the instructions on picking up package tickets early. The only snag right now is that you can't book FP+ for the first day until after you have picked up the tickets - you'd only be able to book it in advance for the days you're on the package.

If you call Disney and you ask them about picking up package tickets a day early, they will tell you it can't be done. But apparently it can, up to 3 days ahead. So read the ticket sticky on the Theme Parks board.

And yes, you could only pick up the tickets - you would not have access to a dining plan on the first day. Unless you booked that first day as a ticketless package, assuming that's allowed. Then you would have two separate dining plans.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Why not just put your tickets on your WL stay? You can put 9 day tickets on a 1 night stay. You can also buy ticketless packages, so you can do room and dining at GF and just use the tickets from your WL stay.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Why not just put your tickets on your WL stay? You can put 9 day tickets on a 1 night stay. You can also buy ticketless packages, so you can do room and dining at GF and just use the tickets from your WL stay.
Doesn't adding the DDP require tickets on the package? Or is that only if you book on a special discount like Stay, Play & Dine?
Adding a DDP on a split stay is always so complicated. Ugh.

If you can just book a room & dining without adding tickets to the package woukd be the easiest way to go, and put length of stay tickets on WL res.

We have APs, so the rules are different for us. AP holders are allowed to book a room & dining package without the ticket requirements. Unless they've chsnged the rules I thought everyone else had to buy tickets to add on DDP
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Doesn't adding the DDP require tickets on the package? Or is that only if you book on a special discount like Stay, Play & Dine?
Adding a DDP on a split stay is always so complicated. Ugh.

If you can just book a room & dining without adding tickets to the package woukd be the easiest way to go, and put length of stay tickets on WL res.

We have APs, so the rules are different for us. AP holders are allowed to book a room & dining package without the ticket requirements. Unless they've chsnged the rules I thought everyone else had to buy tickets to add on DDP
Disney started offering ticketless packages this year. Tickets are only required for promos like free dining and SPD
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: