Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #121
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
If you go on the JFK website (I actually just got the link for you), you can see your options:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-a...nnections.html

I would go with the easiest, even if it might not be the cheapest. You don't want to transfer or take public transportation if you've never been to NYC - it can be confusing, especially right around the Port Authority.
Thanks for the great link! I'm considering one of the express services for $15 each....but still need to read up on that a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Most US airlines charge baggage fees anymore. I think we paid $25 a bag (each way) when we went to WDW in 2008 on Frontier Airlines.

Also, Spirit Air (I think that's right) is going to start chaging for CARRY ON bags. >_< I can see them losing fliers quickly.

Anywho! Next time we fly to MCO, we'll be taking Southwest...no baggage fees at all!
I don't ever remember having to pay baggage fees. But then, I've only ever flown WestJet, Air Canada, and Cathay Pacific. I'm considering either JetBlue or SouthWest for my next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I've never had to connect through EWK but from what I understand AirTran has a free metro service or it's as little as $5. But you could pay for the other services if you want. But I'm cheap so I would go with the AirTran service.
I saw the AirTrain option. It's $5. But I need to know more about it before I take it. I might end up going with the $15 express because there's less guesswork?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #122
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Hey Kelly, I'm having a hard time finding your sister's PTR. Can you post up a link please?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #123
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

World Wish Day

I was at my nearest Disney Store today and picked up a few t-shirts for my trip (a red Minnie one and a grey Tink one).

When I was checking out, I saw that Disney was selling these really nice looking canvas bags.

Front:

Back:

In Canada, they're selling for $9.50 and for every bag sold, Disney will donate $3 of it to the Make a Wish Foundation.

This is going on until May.2 I believe. It's a really well made bag with a blue lining inside and a zipped pocket on one side.

World Wish Day is April.29. I think everybody should go out and support this very worthy cause
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #124
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Between those and the Pook-A-Looz notebooks, I think I have to go to a Disney store sometime soon!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #125
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Yes, Danica, you really do.

I saw two pook a looz notebooks at the store. They were very thick! One was a Minnie and Mickey one and I can't remember the other one...Neither was the one Seanaci got though.

Their summerware is also out for sale again. I love those! 3 items for $12! Well, in Canada, so it's probably cheaper in Boston. There are bowls and plates and cups, it's awesome

I was SOO tempted to buy a mug or two when I was at the store. But since I don't really NEED one right now....I figured I'd just save my money for WDW
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #126
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Have you seen the bento boxes at the Disney Store. I saw one there a few months ago when I was looking for a for tickets to DL. I thought it was really cute. I sadly as a little bit too old to be taking those with me to work but man if I can kids they have them for sure!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #127
Tegan_Shade
Earning My Ears

Hey there! I guess I'm a little late but I'm gonna join in now. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #128
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Have you seen the bento boxes at the Disney Store. I saw one there a few months ago when I was looking for a for tickets to DL. I thought it was really cute. I sadly as a little bit too old to be taking those with me to work but man if I can kids they have them for sure!
I saw the large ones that you would pack for a picnic being sold last summer. I hope they bring them back because I am SOO getting them. I love packing for picnics and don't have anything big enough to put food in. I end up carrying 3-4 oddly shaped boxes.

I have seen those small rectangular food boxes for children. I really want some! But I already have my own small bentos so.....don't really need anymore... Or...DO I????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan_Shade View Post
Hey there! I guess I'm a little late but I'm gonna join in now. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.
Hey Tegan! Glad you could join in! And no, you're not late at all!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #129
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

You do! You need more you can't even have enough bento boxes! Haha! I'm moving up to stainless steel ones now. :P I want to be eco friendly and not still worry about the plastic leaching into my meals.

I wanna get one of these they have really cute things for kids too! Haha some day when I have one or two of those. :P

http://lifewithoutplastic.com/boutique/

Last edited by TokyoDina; 04-28-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot the link~
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #130
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ooh, the child bentos are so cuute, Dina!

Who says you have to have kids or be a kid to get cute stuff? I say go for it!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #131
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Haha your right I should just do it!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #132
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

I bought that same Wish Day bag earlier this month. My son was carrying it around tonight, lol.

Anywho. If you'd like a pook a looz notebook like mine I can get one and mail it to you. Let me know. I have to go out to the mall this weekend for Pez candy for Keegan anyway.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #133
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 11. I has tickets!!!

My tickets from Undercover Tourist have arrived!!!

More than 3 months before my trip is too early you say???

Nay!

The Canadian dollar is doing well, so it's the perfect time to buy them!

Wow, they sure got here real fast. I love the no delivery fee.

Here it is, in its package. The back:

And here are the fronts, photos shot through the paper it's stuck to:

I don't plan to take them out till I get there. So I'll be bringing it along, with plastic wrap and all, just to protect it till my trip.

OH MY GOSH, I was so excited to see it in the mail! I pretty much did this , minus the banana-suit. And a bit of this too minus the pom poms.

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-04-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #134
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
I bought that same Wish Day bag earlier this month. My son was carrying it around tonight, lol.

Anywho. If you'd like a pook a looz notebook like mine I can get one and mail it to you. Let me know. I have to go out to the mall this weekend for Pez candy for Keegan anyway.
It's a really nice bag! I've been looking for something like that for a while.

How much does the notebook cost? That would be really wonderful of you!

Speaking of Pez....I bought this the other day.

I love Tink the most. Of the new Disney fairies, Faye's my favourite, but I love Iridessa. Rosetta's southern belle accent just charms me.

So why Silvermist? For the simple reason that her pez figure looked better than the other ones at Block Buster. I'm hoping to collect all 5.

Cherry's my favourite flavour.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #135
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I ordered from them for our last trip too, and it was WONDERFUL having them arrive in the mail!! Super fun to tear open the envelope and see what we got. If I recall correctly, it was mostly Tinks with a few Mickeys thrown in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: