Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #91
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 9.Yuki's art of Disney

I'm not on my regular computer right now, so can't do a real update.

So instead, I'll show y'all my Disney art! I like to draw and have an account on deviantArt. I'm not very good at it, but I'm practicing.

This is a fanart of Giselle, in my favourite dress of hers. I drew this as a Christmas gift to another deviant (what we call others with deviantArt accounts).

This was inspired by the Olympics. I tried to fit each of the Fab 5 with their appropriate colour. I had no idea drawing Mickey and Minnie with round heads would be so hard.

This is supposed to be a picture of me, dressed up as.....well, it's obvious isn't it? She's my favourite princess and I will one day make her costume to wear.

This is a fanart of Ariel, anime-fied! I'm not very good with backgrounds...

This one isn't actually Disney, but I drew it for a contest to draw the fellow deviant as a Disney princess. This is what I think she would look like in her "casual" dress.

Also not much Disney, but it's a character of mine,Eri, dressed in a Stitch-like outfit.

And again, Eri, sporting her best Disney-fan look!

If you want to see more of my work and photos, come give me a visit at my account.

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 06-14-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #92
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Great stuff, Sweetie!! You are really good at what you do!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #93
DisneyDerek
Newbie - Married to a Disney Fanatic (WendyO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
If you want to see more of my work and photos, come give me a visit at my account.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Nice pics....but eh, I followed your link and didn't understand the "gender questionable" comments and references to you being a guy. Please elaborate.
Post Kids: WDW - 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012; DCL: 2003 (4-night Bahamian Disney Wonder), 2005 (7-night Caribbean Disney Magic), 2007 (10-Night Mediterranean Disney Magic), 2011 (7-night Alaska Disney Wonder), 2012 (Disney Dream??)

Last edited by DisneyDerek; 04-22-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #94
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDerek View Post
Nice pics....but eh, I followed your link and didn't understand the "gender questionable" comments and references to you being a guy. Please elaborate.
I'm going to guess here, but I think it's a reference to the character we were talking about earlier - Haruhi. Some people think she's a guy, but she's really a girl.

Then again, deviantArt is a community where you're supposed to be, what else, deviant, so people write amusing things in jest... so Yuki can affirm if what I said was true or not, or just something funny.

On a different note - my friend in high school had that Momiji backpack! It was amazing what it could carry.... she went through four+ years (add in middle school) with it, and might still have it. It never was weird for her to have a bunny on her back to us, because we were used to it, but once we got into public, people were like "Uhm... what's up with that? You realize there's a rabbit on your back?" and we'd just laugh, because we totally didn't even think about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #95
DenishaT
Earning My Ears

Super Super Cute pics! Can you sew too? I can't wait to have kids so I can have my mom and grandma (we call her Myrt) make all their Disney outfits (this is WAAAAY in advance planning but still fun to think about!)

my g-ma made my mom's wedding dress from scratch so a few dozen pricess dresses should be nothing

Old 04-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #96
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I hate sewing! I only do it cause I can't afford belly dance costumes! I'm so happy for you that you can! I only make simple things! I'd like to see some of your sewing work though!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #97
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I thought of you today - I went to Borders, and freaked out when I saw they had Ouran pencils, gel pens, and pencil sharpeners - I bought a set of pencils for my sister, a set for me, and a pencil sharpener. The gel pens were too expensive to warrant getting them ... but they were cute!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #98
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDerek View Post
Yeah, as Danica said, it's just a joke thing. I'm waiting for someone to ask me if I'm really a guy or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I'm going to guess here, but I think it's a reference to the character we were talking about earlier - Haruhi. Some people think she's a guy, but she's really a girl.

Then again, deviantArt is a community where you're supposed to be, what else, deviant, so people write amusing things in jest... so Yuki can affirm if what I said was true or not, or just something funny.

Haha, it has nothing to do with Haruhi. I was just being silly. So you're right about that

On a different note - my friend in high school had that Momiji backpack! It was amazing what it could carry.... she went through four+ years (add in middle school) with it, and might still have it. It never was weird for her to have a bunny on her back to us, because we were used to it, but once we got into public, people were like "Uhm... what's up with that? You realize there's a rabbit on your back?" and we'd just laugh, because we totally didn't even think about it.
I LOVE my momiji backpack! I can fit my wallet, my bus pass, and my Ds lite in there! It's crazy! Most people don't know how much it can actually hold. I wear it out a lot and get stares too. But being a cosplayer, I'm so used to it, I don't even notice it much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenishaT View Post
Super Super Cute pics! Can you sew too? I can't wait to have kids so I can have my mom and grandma (we call her Myrt) make all their Disney outfits (this is WAAAAY in advance planning but still fun to think about!)

my g-ma made my mom's wedding dress from scratch so a few dozen pricess dresses should be nothing
Yups, I can sew. Been making costumes for myself since 2001! I'm so going to be the mom and grandma that makes clothes for my kids and grandkids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I hate sewing! I only do it cause I can't afford belly dance costumes! I'm so happy for you that you can! I only make simple things! I'd like to see some of your sewing work though!
http://yukiphnx.deviantart.com/gallery/#Cosplay This link has some of the costumes I've made.

Quote:
I thought of you today - I went to Borders, and freaked out when I saw they had Ouran pencils, gel pens, and pencil sharpeners - I bought a set of pencils for my sister, a set for me, and a pencil sharpener. The gel pens were too expensive to warrant getting them ... but they were cute!
Oh my gosh!!! I wish we had Borders up here too! That sounds so cuuutes!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #99
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Great stuff, Sweetie!! You are really good at what you do!!
Thanks a lot!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #100
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh, and another thing - I just realized, if I haven't said this already, we're going to be in the World at the same time! I'm going with my family from August 18th to the 29th, before I check in for the College Program.

Maybe we'll run into each other! (I know boyfriends, or at least mine, hates when I try to meet up with people, so we won't plan anything, but if we pass each other, we at least have to say hi!)
Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #101
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Oh, and another thing - I just realized, if I haven't said this already, we're going to be in the World at the same time! I'm going with my family from August 18th to the 29th, before I check in for the College Program.

Maybe we'll run into each other! (I know boyfriends, or at least mine, hates when I try to meet up with people, so we won't plan anything, but if we pass each other, we at least have to say hi!)
Hey! That's awesome! Awww, I would try to meet up....but ya, boyfriends aren't big on that. Maybe we can at least find out which park we will be at which day? Where will you guys be staying?

Hey, this is my 100th post!

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 04-22-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #102
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Funny Translations

I was at my local Asian supermarket today and I saw this candy on display.

It's a photo of a Japanese milk candy, with 3 different flavours being advertised.

The funny thing about it is that under each Japanese description of the flavour, they have the english translation of the flavour, but they goofed on one.

The left one says "Coffee & milk" under the Japanese characters. The right one says "Yogurt drink". The middle one says "Ichigo & milk". "Ichigo" means strawberry in Japanese. So instead of writing "strawberry & milk", they just romanized the Japanese word.

Haha, I though it was funny. I thought that some of you might appreciate it
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #103
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

What's funny is that I didn't even notice, I just automatically translated it in my head! Haha. That's when you know you need to stop reading manga and get back to school work...

If I can find the picture, I have a really funny one from the department store in Epcot Japan...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #104
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Found it!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #105
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
What's funny is that I didn't even notice, I just automatically translated it in my head! Haha. That's when you know you need to stop reading manga and get back to school work...

If I can find the picture, I have a really funny one from the department store in Epcot Japan...
That's such a funny picture!

Yah, I was reading it in Jap too, but noticed the english under it. Isn't it hilarious?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: