Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #47
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Congrats on the contacts.
Thanks?? Congrats on conquering them I guess.... I still go through a mini-breakdown every time I put them in. It hasn't gotten to the point where it just goes in the first time.

My eyes are just too small! The first time I tried them, I was scared the contacts would be too big for my eye!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #48
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Thanks?? Congrats on conquering them I guess.... I still go through a mini-breakdown every time I put them in. It hasn't gotten to the point where it just goes in the first time.

My eyes are just too small! The first time I tried them, I was scared the contacts would be too big for my eye!
That's why I stopped wearing them. I never got used to putting them in.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #49
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Haha yes! I'm way excited! It's my third time there! It's DH's second time. It's his fault that I like the place so much really he shouldn't have asked me to marry him at TDL!

That's cool! We are planning on going to one next month during Memorial Day weekend. It'll be DH's first time going sooooooooo we'll see how it goes haha!

I'm sure Andrew will love his surprise! You guys should see a show for Andrew's b-day surprise. I've got too many to list but DH loves Phillimarmagic. Or you could try to do Cindy's Castle. We are doing it for our Anniversary. Since we missed it last year cause I had to leave home for my job. Haha we are actually going to miss it again this year cause he has to leave cause of his job! Also you could eat at the Columbia house which is fairly reasonably priced and watch the fireworks. Or get a picnic lunch from AK and eat it in a nice quiet place in the park just the two of you.

Trying to think up more to do.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #50
DenishaT
Earning My Ears

HI! (subbing!) Stumbled onto your report and can't wait to read the trip report when y'all get back. If DBF won't wear Ears, will he wear a shirt on his b-day? Maybe you could make one for each of you and give it to him to wear that day! (my attempt at romantic! )

and contacts take a while to get used to. One that that'll help, make sure they're in right side out. Most contacts have something on them when you hold them up to the light (mine have a 123) to make sure they're going in correctly. If I don't see 123 correctly and try to put them in, my eyes water all day.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #51
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Haha yes! I'm way excited! It's my third time there! It's DH's second time. It's his fault that I like the place so much really he shouldn't have asked me to marry him at TDL!

That's cool! We are planning on going to one next month during Memorial Day weekend. It'll be DH's first time going sooooooooo we'll see how it goes haha!

I'm sure Andrew will love his surprise! You guys should see a show for Andrew's b-day surprise. I've got too many to list but DH loves Phillimarmagic. Or you could try to do Cindy's Castle. We are doing it for our Anniversary. Since we missed it last year cause I had to leave home for my job. Haha we are actually going to miss it again this year cause he has to leave cause of his job! Also you could eat at the Columbia house which is fairly reasonably priced and watch the fireworks. Or get a picnic lunch from AK and eat it in a nice quiet place in the park just the two of you.

Trying to think up more to do.
Wooow, his first convention? I hope he has a great time! I've been going to conventions since 2003, so I'm quite the veteran

We'll actually be watching Fantasmic on his birthday, so I hope he enjoys that! I'll be ordering a picnic on my AK day, and a quiet place to eat sounds so romantic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenishaT View Post
HI! (subbing!) Stumbled onto your report and can't wait to read the trip report when y'all get back. If DBF won't wear Ears, will he wear a shirt on his b-day? Maybe you could make one for each of you and give it to him to wear that day! (my attempt at romantic! )

and contacts take a while to get used to. One that that'll help, make sure they're in right side out. Most contacts have something on them when you hold them up to the light (mine have a 123) to make sure they're going in correctly. If I don't see 123 correctly and try to put them in, my eyes water all day.
Welcome and thanks for coming along! Haha, I'm not sure if he'll try for matching shirts, but we'll see. I've always thought it would be a cute thing to do.

Yeah, I've figured out that there's a B & L on the outside of the contacts, and I always check to make sure. My eyes get instantly irritated if it goes in the wrong side, so I have to take it out real quick before I end with pink eye
Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #52
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I'm going to go back and read everything, but I just wanted to say:

- I love anime/gaming/nerd () conventions too! I had all my friends go as Ouran High School Host club a few years ago... I want to drag Lou along next year as Xion and Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days....

- I want that Pook-A-Looz notebook too!!!! Arg! I need to get myself to a Disney store as well.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #53
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I'm going to go back and read everything, but I just wanted to say:

- I love anime/gaming/nerd () conventions too! I had all my friends go as Ouran High School Host club a few years ago... I want to drag Lou along next year as Xion and Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days....

- I want that Pook-A-Looz notebook too!!!! Arg! I need to get myself to a Disney store as well.
HEY DANICA!!!!! It's so SUPER AWESOME to have another big anime fan here with me!

Oh My Gosh, you cosplayed Host Club. I've always wanted to cosplay Renge in one of her costumes from the anime. Lemme guess, you were Haruhi? Haruhi is my I have 4 posters of her on my wall, a plushie, and a commissioned drawing of her in a bathing suit I'm so in love with her, even my DBF gets jealous sometimes

Ooooh, I would love to see your cosplay pictures! Did you guys go to Anime Boston?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #54
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HEY DANICA!!!!! It's so SUPER AWESOME to have another big anime fan here with me!

Oh My Gosh, you cosplayed Host Club. I've always wanted to cosplay Renge in one of her costumes from the anime. Lemme guess, you were Haruhi? Haruhi is my I have 4 posters of her on my wall, a plushie, and a commissioned drawing of her in a bathing suit I'm so in love with her, even my DBF gets jealous sometimes

Ooooh, I would love to see your cosplay pictures! Did you guys go to Anime Boston?
Hahaha, how'd you guess? I still look like her... and act like her too, according to my friends. Unfortunately, for Anime Boston (you were right), I didn't get my hair cut as short as I usually had it, and didn't have time to get it fixed... so I sort of failed as Haruhi, but that's okay. She was between haircuts.

Let's see what photos I have.. (sorry if I take over your thread for a bit)

My friend Megan with her ex (not at the time though), as Mori & Hunni:

Hikaru, Mori, Hunni, Tamaki, Kasanoda, and Haruhi:

I love this one - Haruhi & Hunni:
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #55
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

All this contact lenses talk gives me the jitters. I used to watch my mom put her contacts in and it was so gross! Just the thought of putting something in my eye makes me all teary eyed! How do you do it?! Nice shades by the way
Old 04-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #56
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Hahaha, how'd you guess? I still look like her... and act like her too, according to my friends. Unfortunately, for Anime Boston (you were right), I didn't get my hair cut as short as I usually had it, and didn't have time to get it fixed... so I sort of failed as Haruhi, but that's okay. She was between haircuts.

Let's see what photos I have.. (sorry if I take over your thread for a bit)

My friend Megan with her ex (not at the time though), as Mori & Hunni:

Hikaru, Mori, Hunni, Tamaki, Kasanoda, and Haruhi:

I love this one - Haruhi & Hunni:
Love the photos! And I actually think I might have seen those photos before......photos of you as Haruhi! What a small world, eh?

I don't mind you taking over with cosplay photos. This can be the anime geek thread on the Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
All this contact lenses talk gives me the jitters. I used to watch my mom put her contacts in and it was so gross! Just the thought of putting something in my eye makes me all teary eyed! How do you do it?! Nice shades by the way
I actually have NO PROBLEMS with touching my eyeball. Is that weird? Dirt and eyelashes get stuck there once in a while, and I just take them out. I've touched my eyes plenty of times, so putting contacts wasn't so hard. Well....it was...but it wasn't scary.

And I know things can't "get lost" in there cause there's a thin layer preventing that. And thanks about the sunglasses! They're so cute and I can't wait to wear them in the World!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #57
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

HI!
I had to follow your link to your PTR.
Since you probably know all about me from my TR, I wanted to get to know you and your DBF.
I can tell you are going to have a great Trip Report when you get back, you already are so good about posting pictures.
There's alot of pictures I wish I had taken now that I'm writing my report.
You are so lucky that you have a trip to look forward to !
That is so cool that your parents saved up to send you and your siblings to WDW, how many parents would do that for their children?
I honestly couldn't do that. I WOULD have to go too, of course!
Well, your PTR sounds great so far. Can't wait till your trip !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #58
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
HI!
I had to follow your link to your PTR.
Since you probably know all about me from my TR, I wanted to get to know you and your DBF.
I can tell you are going to have a great Trip Report when you get back, you already are so good about posting pictures.
There's alot of pictures I wish I had taken now that I'm writing my report.
You are so lucky that you have a trip to look forward to !
That is so cool that your parents saved up to send you and your siblings to WDW, how many parents would do that for their children?
I honestly couldn't do that. I WOULD have to go too, of course!
Well, your PTR sounds great so far. Can't wait till your trip !
Hey Robin! So great to see you here! I'm loving your TR so far. Can't wait to hear about that last day!

Yes, I have the best parents ever. They're the type that likes to do nothing on vacation, so they actually preferred not coming along, so they wouldn't have to look after us When we go to the amusement park, they usually just wait outside the ride for us with all our bags and the obligatory cooler.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #59
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the photos! And I actually think I might have seen those photos before......photos of you as Haruhi! What a small world, eh?

I don't mind you taking over with cosplay photos. This can be the anime geek thread on the Dis!
That's so weird! You didn't go to Anime Boston in 2007 by any chance, did you?

We're on Youtube too, because we did a Masquerade skit about the twins getting in a fight with Tamaki - our Tamaki fell on me... one video has a close-up of me trying not to laugh at the expression on her face, haha.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #60
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
That's so weird! You didn't go to Anime Boston in 2007 by any chance, did you?

We're on Youtube too, because we did a Masquerade skit about the twins getting in a fight with Tamaki - our Tamaki fell on me... one video has a close-up of me trying not to laugh at the expression on her face, haha.
I've never been to Anime Boston, but I like to keep up with the bigger cons. Like San Diego Comic Con, Otakon, Anime Expo, and so forth. I also watch an artist on deviantArt that does the covers for the Anime Boston programs.

I think I've seen that skit actually! I'd love to go to Anime Boston one year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: