Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Would that amusement park happen to be Canada's Wonderland? And would that ride happen to be the Behemoth? If it is.... you're quite the thrill seeker!
Yes, it IS Canada's Wonderland! And no, it was actually not the Behemoth. I wasn't scared of that at all! Most comfortable roller coaster I have EVER been on I went on that about 5 times last summer, when for the first time ever, I got a season pass.

I'm talking about Skyrider. The one where you STAND on the ride and it does loops and plunges you face first on the first drop. It's right across SplashWorks

I Wonderland, but won't be going this year cause all my money went into Disney
Old 04-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #32
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I haven't been to Canada's Wonderland in a couple years. I miss when Paramount used to own it. Now they've got rid of all the theming and such. Apparently Top Gun isn't called Top Gun anymore? I remember SkyRider! I almost passed out on that one once too.... once again due to heat and dehydration. Gotta learn to keep myself hydrated on these intense rides! Have you been on Dragonflyer? The one with the double loops? That was my first upside down roller coaster.

You're money went to a much better cause
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #33
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I haven't been to Canada's Wonderland in a couple years. I miss when Paramount used to own it. Now they've got rid of all the theming and such. Apparently Top Gun isn't called Top Gun anymore? I remember SkyRider! I almost passed out on that one once too.... once again due to heat and dehydration. Gotta learn to keep myself hydrated on these intense rides! Have you been on Dragonflyer? The one with the double loops? That was my first upside down roller coaster.

You're money went to a much better cause
Yah... They changed all the names of the paramount-based rides. Top Gun is now Flight Deck. Tomb Raider is now Time Warp, and Italian StuntJob is now Backlot Stuntcoaster.

I love Dragonflyer! I usually go on it right after Cliffhanger, er Rip Tide I mean
Old 04-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #34
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Wow... they really did an overhaul on all the names. It's like a completely different park... but with the same rides. If that makes sense? Backlot Stuntcoaster? What kind of name is that!?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #35
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

I know, right??? It seems like the people tasked with renaming all the rides had no creativity whatsoever. They also didn't change any of the decorations, so now that Tomb Raider is Time Warp, the props around the ride just don't make sense!

One ride I have never been on, is Drop Zone. Not only am I terrified at the thought, an hour wait for a 2 second drop just doesn't seem worth it at all.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Try disneystore online...I think it's disneystore.com...at least it used to be.

I have a HUGE list of things I want to do...or TRY to do when we go in 2011. When I finally start my PRT that post may well turn into several. lol :D

And the Nemo Musical was amazing!! I highly recommend it. :D

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
Old 04-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #37
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Try disneystore online...I think it's disneystore.com...at least it used to be.

I have a HUGE list of things I want to do...or TRY to do when we go in 2011. When I finally start my PRT that post may well turn into several. lol :D

And the Nemo Musical was amazing!! I highly recommend it. :D
Yeah, I plan to buy some things from the store and have it shipped to Pop, to get some of my souvenir shopping done with. Also, I won't have to pay to have them ship it to Canada ! Which will be awesome because the shipping is way too costly.

I REALLY want to watch the musical. But I have to somehow convince Andrew to take the time out of the park to watch that. He's just not big on these types of shows.

Haha, I can't wait to read that list on your PTR! Will you be going during MVMCP nights?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #38
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

No. We have to go when my mom is off work. She works for a school and won't be off till just before Christmas break. So as of now are dates are something like the 17th through the 27th or 28th of December 2011.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 AM   #39
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ohhh, I see. Wow, you'll be there right in the middle of the busiest days! I hope you survive!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 7.All in the preparation

One of the things I've done to prepare for my trip, is getting contacts.

It's obvious that I wear glasses. I've worn them since I was 10! Up until I tried on the contacts, I had completely forgotten what it was like to have clear peripheral vision.

It's a beautiful thing. No wonder so many people wear contacts. Or maybe there are other reasons? That was sarcasm by the way

So why did it take me so long to get them???

Simple, I don't think I look very good without my glasses. My eyes are kinda small, so my frames pretty much fill up the space on my face, instead of looking like there's something missing there.... I've gotten so used to seeing myself with glasses, I didn't like the way I looked without them.

Also, it just seemed like SUCH A HASSLE. My friends that wore contacts would always complain about them. Which didn't make me want to get them any more. They were all wearing them for aesthetic reasons. But that's cause they've got normal sized eyes. I was blessed with the stereotypical small Asian eyes.

So why now of ALL times??? Two words. 3. D. Haha, more like two letters.

I'm so tired of having to hold up those 3-D glasses because they never stay on top of my glasses! On most of the 3-D attractions at WDW, it's not much of a problem. They're just shows you sit and watch.

But then.....Toy Story Mania surfaced. How am I gonna pull and shoot and hold up my glasses and AIM at the same time???

The solution, contacts. Soo....begrudgingly, I did a little research and found the kind of contacts that would be right for me.

Bought from Clearlycontacts.ca

These are for 2-week wears. Since I don't normally wear contacts, it was the perfect types for me to try out before my trip.

And when I FINALLY managed to get both contacts in my eye After about 30 minutes of tears and sweat, the skies opened up to me It was like a whole new world! By the way, that's my fave song of all time

It was a little dizzy at first, but that's how all new lenses feel. But when my eyes adjusted. Yes, my eyes were wide open for a good 10 seconds before I blinked again.

It was SO STRANGE to see myself in the mirror, without glasses, CLEARLY! It's always been a fuzzy image, unless I got up real close. (best I could find)

So ever since that first encounter, whenever it's nice out, I would put them on to practice putting them in, and I feel reborn. I love having clear peripheral vision.

Another realization that came to me after I got contacts. SUNGLASSES Prescription sunglasses were always too pricey and never that worth it for me. And those transition glasses got pretty bad reviews from a friend of mine.

I haven't worn sunglasses since before I was 10! So hallelujah, I went sunglasses shopping.

And these are the ones I got.

Aren't they cute? I couldn't choose between the two colours, so I got them BOTH! They were only $6 at H&M.

For those of you that wear contacts, you'll know how dry your eyes can get. At first, I bought Bausch and Lombs ReNu eye drops.

Not a great buy. I had to reapply once an hour! It would be sweet relief for about half an hour, then start to get dry and itchy again, then about 30 minutes later, I would give in and re-apply.

My newly graduated optometrist friend (a doctor at 24 ) recommended this.

It's great and it works beautifully. I don't have to re-apply for about 3-4 hrs.

More prep talk, coming up!

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #41
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

My DH is thinking about getting contacts next year for the same reasons. I'd like to look into lasik.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #42
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

I've considered Lasik before.....but I think I'll just wait until I can afford it. Or wait until it becomes more affordable!

But my main thing is still, I think I look better with glasses on

Well, if your DH wants to know, I copied and pasted this from my LJ about my very first experience with contacts.

Quote:
So, onto me trying them on. The first contact went in pretty easily, after about 3-4 attempts. The 2nd one took me forever though. It was a mixture of one eye being able to see clearly, and the other being blurry that really threw me off. Also, I forgot to read up on how to put on contacts...But I remembered what my friend had told me about lifting my eyelids open, looking up, and putting it in top first, that finally did the trick! I was trying to put it on from the front of my eye but that was failing immensely.

I'm wearing them right now to get used to them. It's been about 30 minutes since I put them in. At first, they felt itchy and I could very easily feel the contact on my eye. Now, I'm starting to be less aware of it. My vision is slightly dizzy, like getting used to a new pair of glasses.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #43
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

I hear ya about the contacts. I got them in fall of 2008 (my senior year) after wearing glasses since 2nd grade! However, I was so bad about getting them in that my eye wear seller (optometrist or optician?) made me come back a second time before I could take them home. Now I don't have any problems though. I'm too afraid to try Lasik-the thought of them peeling back the layers of my eye... Last time I went to Disney, I wore flip up sunglasses that attached to my regular ones. My mom just flips hers up indoors, but I think that looks ridiculous, so I kept having to take them off, put them in the case, take them back out, etc. I bought adorable purple aviators for $10 from KMart this time. I too have smaller eyes, but I like the contacts because I have clear peripheral vision, and they don't irritate my nose. I have Acuvue Oasys contacts and I love them. I don't even need eye drops. I was using OptiFree cleaning solution, but the eye place was out of this time so they switched me to ReNu and I haven't had a problem with it.

Anyway, your trip sounds great so far! I can't wait to hear how the UG touring plans work for you. I can't believe your parents let you go with just your siblings when you were only 17! I was curious as to how that was even allowed, because I thought most hotels have a restriction of 18. Some people say the Nemo show is great, others can't stand it. (My mom highly recommends it, but I have yet to see it.)
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #44
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Okay you cute fan girl! You've got me hoked! I'm gonna sub! I like...not love like Anime too. I started watching it when I was 12...I think. And then let it go for a while and then when I got married to DH 3 years ago he got me back into it. I lived in Japan for six years and I loved it! I hope we can go back someday!

I can't wait to read the rest of your PTR! I know you guys are going to have soooooo much fun! Regardless of crowd levels or anything like that!

I'm going next month! I can't wait! We are ready to get out of this Arizona heat! I hope your DBF loves the birthday surprise! (I had to plan my own DL birthday. haha!) I just told DH we are going to DL this year for my birthday since you got like 3 katanas! So, yes can't wait to read more of your report and hey if you go to a convention this year before then include some photos from that!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #45
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
I hear ya about the contacts. I got them in fall of 2008 (my senior year) after wearing glasses since 2nd grade! However, I was so bad about getting them in that my eye wear seller (optometrist or optician?) made me come back a second time before I could take them home. Now I don't have any problems though. I'm too afraid to try Lasik-the thought of them peeling back the layers of my eye... Last time I went to Disney, I wore flip up sunglasses that attached to my regular ones. My mom just flips hers up indoors, but I think that looks ridiculous, so I kept having to take them off, put them in the case, take them back out, etc. I bought adorable purple aviators for $10 from KMart this time. I too have smaller eyes, but I like the contacts because I have clear peripheral vision, and they don't irritate my nose. I have Acuvue Oasys contacts and I love them. I don't even need eye drops. I was using OptiFree cleaning solution, but the eye place was out of this time so they switched me to ReNu and I haven't had a problem with it.

Anyway, your trip sounds great so far! I can't wait to hear how the UG touring plans work for you. I can't believe your parents let you go with just your siblings when you were only 17! I was curious as to how that was even allowed, because I thought most hotels have a restriction of 18. Some people say the Nemo show is great, others can't stand it. (My mom highly recommends it, but I have yet to see it.)
HEEEEY! Great to see you from Jen's TR So glad you could join me!

I've been wondering about Acuvue Oasys. Great to know it got a good review! I wasn't sure exactly how moisturizing it would be, but it sounds great! I'll have to look into it. I know my friends would really like it.

I'm actually not sure either...We booked with this Chinese travel agency with a whole package and everything. I was turning 18 that yr, so maybe they made an exception? You definitely have to be 18 to even make a reservation, but I don't think you have to be to stay in a hotel room.

We also stayed offsite. I know that when I go to conventions, the hotels are full of underage kids in the rooms, but their parents book for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Okay you cute fan girl! You've got me hoked! I'm gonna sub! I like...not love like Anime too. I started watching it when I was 12...I think. And then let it go for a while and then when I got married to DH 3 years ago he got me back into it. I lived in Japan for six years and I loved it! I hope we can go back someday!

I can't wait to read the rest of your PTR! I know you guys are going to have soooooo much fun! Regardless of crowd levels or anything like that!

I'm going next month! I can't wait! We are ready to get out of this Arizona heat! I hope your DBF loves the birthday surprise! (I had to plan my own DL birthday. haha!) I just told DH we are going to DL this year for my birthday since you got like 3 katanas! So, yes can't wait to read more of your report and hey if you go to a convention this year before then include some photos from that!
Welcome Dina! Nice to see another anime fan! I used to be CRAZY obsessed with it, but I've since toned down. Still love cosplay though. But lately, I think my Disney obsession is taking over my anime obsession, haha.

There's actually a couple of conventions and cosplay events between now and my trip. As of now, I have plans to go to a cosplay picnic and I will DEFINITELY be putting up pictures from that!

Wow, next month! You must be so excited! I hope Andrew likes his surprises too! ^_^

Thanks for coming along!

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 04-18-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: