Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #151
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I think you're making the right choice - definitely not worth it.

By the way - snack credits can be used around the WS, just for further reference (maybe next August, if you do the dining plan then?)
Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #152
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

The notebook is thick.

Lol. Your dining plan delima is most likely something I will be hesitating about in my PTR.

I think not doing it this timer is a wise choice. The DP will most likely always be an option when going to the World.

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 AM   #153
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

The way I understand it, with them only giving FD with 2 tickets, a lot of folks aren't going for it- it's just not worth it, if you plan well. I think you've made the right choice given the way you've done up your math.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #154
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Oh hey, I just realized. I can thinking of buying those extra 2 day tickets as an investment for my next trip.

I know I'll definitely be going back in Aug. 2013 with my siblings and 2 of my cousins.

Hm...if I look at it like that, then the price of the tickets shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

Does anybody know if I can use my snack credits to buy candy from the countries in World Showcase? If I can, I can use some of my snack credits and save some money on souvenirs.
you aren't coming in 2012...?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #155
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I think you're making the right choice - definitely not worth it.

By the way - snack credits can be used around the WS, just for further reference (maybe next August, if you do the dining plan then?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
The notebook is thick.

Lol. Your dining plan delima is most likely something I will be hesitating about in my PTR.

I think not doing it this timer is a wise choice. The DP will most likely always be an option when going to the World.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
The way I understand it, with them only giving FD with 2 tickets, a lot of folks aren't going for it- it's just not worth it, if you plan well. I think you've made the right choice given the way you've done up your math.
Yeah, thanks guys. I was tearing up over the issue. I'm planning on getting QSDP for my trip with my sibs and cousins anyway during Aug, so I can prepare for FD then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
you aren't coming in 2012...?
I'm still crunching the math. The only dates that are good for me are the ones for end of June, start of July.

If I can't make the June Peepfest, I'll most likely be able to make the Feb one. I'm still in school so am still unsure of the dates when I'll be available...
Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #156
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I think you made the right choose with the dinning plan. We can never take advantage of it when we go. We always miss it or we plan on only having on ADR and then QS otherwise or eating at the resort.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #157
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 13. Back at school

So my classes started up again yesterday.

What am I doing back at school you ask? Didn't I just finish my exams?

Well....The University of Waterloo's school schedule is split into 3 terms per year, 4 months a term. Unlike most other schools, we offer full-time courses in the summer.

I've been fast tracking since I started school in Jan 08 and haven't taken a summer off yet. Been in school for 7 full terms and am entering my 8th term!

A standard "year" for a regular student is 2 terms. So from that math....I'm in 4th year and should be graduating! But I've decided to spend an extra "year" to complete my Psychology minor.

Also, I'll be applying to get into the Bachelor of Social Work program in Waterloo, which starts up every Sept. Cross your fingers that I'll get into the Fall '11 year!

My BSW is a 10-month course. So essentially, if you're counting, I'm actually completing 6 "years" of school in 4.5! Woohoo!

Yes, I really DO love school.

So, the point of this post was to talk about the English class I have enrolled myself in for this term. It's about American Literature and Pop Culture. For the course, we have 5 novels to read, 8 films to watch, and 2 essays to write, including our final exam which is made of short essays.

Ok....Even though I'm in social work and most of what we do are essay-writing....I HATE WRITING ESSAYS. I mean, I love doing the research for my research papers. But having to write them out in a way that demonstrates my essay writing skills? My mastery of the English language?

I wish we could just give small lectures on what we find. That would be so much better for me. Every essay I write, I just feel like I'm filling the pages with BS and references that have nothing to do with the work, just because of the min. 5 references per paper.

So. I just went to the English class tonight and even as interesting as the course sounds, the prof is kind of boring....He tends to ramble on things that aren't related to what he was talking about before. He asked us questions, then he answered our answers with something unrelated....

I'm considering dropping this class and picking up something else. I have till next week to do this. What do you guys think? I have a feeling I won't be able to do too well in this course, even though I know I'll enjoy the class material.

Oh ya, he showed us a clip of Strongbad to demonstrate montages. Which is straight up win

EDIT: Ok, I have dropped the English class and picked up a Sociology class.

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-05-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #158
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I think you made the right choose with the dinning plan. We can never take advantage of it when we go. We always miss it or we plan on only having on ADR and then QS otherwise or eating at the resort.
Yeah...free dining seems really cool but for this trip, it's not worth it. I wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already bought my tickets. Then it wouldn't have felt like spending an extra $250. It would just be what I would've spent anyways. I definitely want to get this next time though. I think the QSDP is a great idea and should've happened sooner
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #159
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

I agree!

Oh I'm so glad I'm done with all my English classes! I hate writing papers! But now all that is left is one math class and then all my cooking classes! I can't wait! Haha! But that sounds great I hope you get in the 2011 program!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #160
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

We also have full time summer classes, but they are not mandatory. They basically go for 3 hours/day for 4-5 days/week for 4-6 weeks. The classes tend to be ones that fulfill general education credits, and I know the speech path grad program has classes over the summer and those are mandatory. This summer they are offering an American Sign Language class for the first time in many years. I really think that would be interesting, but because I'm working here, I can't take classes. I hope they offer it during a normal school year! Good luck with your Sociology class.
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter (TR in Progress) Dining *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs-The Never Ending PTR! *10/9-13, 2015-Old Key West

Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #161
kryptonqueen
Earning My Ears

Just posting to say hey and that I'm subbing :D
Old 05-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #162
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
I agree!

Oh I'm so glad I'm done with all my English classes! I hate writing papers! But now all that is left is one math class and then all my cooking classes! I can't wait! Haha! But that sounds great I hope you get in the 2011 program!
The only reason I take any English classes is for pure enjoyment. And it also lets me read non-fiction. I just don't have any time for reading anything but textbooks and articles and journals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
We also have full time summer classes, but they are not mandatory. They basically go for 3 hours/day for 4-5 days/week for 4-6 weeks. The classes tend to be ones that fulfill general education credits, and I know the speech path grad program has classes over the summer and those are mandatory. This summer they are offering an American Sign Language class for the first time in many years. I really think that would be interesting, but because I'm working here, I can't take classes. I hope they offer it during a normal school year! Good luck with your Sociology class.
Well, our summer courses aren't really mandatory. It's more of an option for those in the "regular" program. So those people that usually have school from Sept. to April can continue school in the summer if they want.

Our school is known for our co-op programs. If you're in one of these programs, you go to school for one term, then work another term, and so on. For these students, it's kind of necessary to have that "summer term". It's just regular full-time school to them where they take their mandatory courses for their program. So there's no difference between having school in the summer, and having it in the fall. It all depends on whether you're in a co-op program, or if you're in the regular program and want to take a summer vacation or not.

People in the co-op program don't have a "vacation" per se. I guess the school just sees their work term as "time off" cause they're not school anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonqueen View Post
Just posting to say hey and that I'm subbing :D
I hope you enjoy your time here!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #163
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Wow, how I do NOT miss school
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #164
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Haha, how DO you?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #165
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 14. Some Disney in my life

I was parked outside of a TD and noticed these on the car next to me.

A Tink decal on the rear window

And a Tink steering wheel cover!

I wanted to know where she got the wheel cover, but was too shy to ask when she finally came out. Anybody have any idea where I might be able to get Disney steering wheel covers? Does any store at WDW sell car accessories?

This is my family friend's kid, Zachery. His family just came back from a visit to Hong Kong, where they went to the HK Disneyland.

He's wearing a very cute Stitch shirt in the picture. He loved Disneyland of course. His favourite was the princesses!

Here he is, showing us what the princesses at HKDL does.

Isn't he adorable? He couldn't stop talking about the princesses. He's only 2.5 yrs old.

PS. All these were taken with my cell phone. Not bad, eh?

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 06-14-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: