Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #136
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post

Here's a photo of us at the last summer convention, as characters from the game, Team Fortress 2

That is fantastic!! You guys are hilarious! I just noticed in your siggie that you are doing a ptr, so I had to come on over. I've got to go back now and read the rest. I love the way you guys say "favourite" up in Canada - so fancy!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #137
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Okay, caught up.

You have some great ideas for Andrew's surprises. So, he'll dress up in costume in public, but you don't think he'd wear a pirate Mickey hat? What if you got him a whole ensemble to go with it? Or, just a pirate hat with no mouse ears?

You guys will love Boma for your celebration dinner, especially since you are adventurous eaters. It one of our very favorites (unfortunately, one that we ares skipping this time).

I truly hope you NEVER have to wait an hour to ride Aladdin! Even in August, it should never be that crowded!

So, did you consider getting the QSDP now that is is free for your dates? Or is it too late since you already bought your tix? You could convert your room-only to a package with one day tickets and still probably save some cash, no?
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #138
Jupiter&Wolfe
Just a poor college kid scraping up every dime to pay tuition AND go to Disney!

Wow, you took your siblings to Disney alone that young?! That's like every teenager's dream, lucky girl!

Looks like you guys are going to have a great trip! I'm going to join in on the journey!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #139
Kellybelly777
Time to Start planning next year's trip? Why yes, I think so!!! =)

Location: Sitting at my computer, on Disboards, most likely with music playing on youtube

Quote:
Hey Kelly, I'm having a hard time finding your sister's PTR. Can you post up a link please?
Hey sorry ive been crazy busy lately (its my birthday today soo... haha!!!)

heres the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post35787963

it should work...hopefully haha
Yay! only 107 days until we're both in disney!!!
Disneyland-2001, offsite Disneyworld-2003, Beach Club Disney Cruiseline-2003 Disney Cruiseline-2005 Disneyland-2006, offsite Disneyworld- 2009, All-star Music Disneyworld- 2010, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Disneyworld- 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Disneyland, 2012, Offsite Disneyworld- 2013, Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower

Last edited by Kellybelly777; 05-01-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #140
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Quote:
It's a really nice bag! I've been looking for something like that for a while.

How much does the notebook cost? That would be really wonderful of you!

Speaking of Pez....I bought this the other day.

I love Tink the most. Of the new Disney fairies, Faye's my favourite, but I love Iridessa. Rosetta's southern belle accent just charms me.

So why Silvermist? For the simple reason that her pez figure looked better than the other ones at Block Buster. I'm hoping to collect all 5.

Cherry's my favourite flavour.
I think it's like $10US.

Great Pez dispenser. I think I saw a Tink one today while we were out and about. Lol.

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #141
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I love this review! I am new to the trip reports board as I only started my first pre-trippie a few days ago.
That's why I am late joining, but I definitely won't miss any more fun here!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #142
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Oh my goodness, look at all these new visitors! to everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I ordered from them for our last trip too, and it was WONDERFUL having them arrive in the mail!! Super fun to tear open the envelope and see what we got. If I recall correctly, it was mostly Tinks with a few Mickeys thrown in.
Oooh, I would've loved a Tink one. I recommend Undercover Tourist to all my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
That is fantastic!! You guys are hilarious! I just noticed in your siggie that you are doing a ptr, so I had to come on over. I've got to go back now and read the rest. I love the way you guys say "favourite" up in Canada - so fancy!
Great to see you here, Becca! Haha, we just have an extra "u". It's odd for me because the BBC here is American. So I have to type "color" instead of "colour" and it kind of catches me off guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Okay, caught up.

You have some great ideas for Andrew's surprises. So, he'll dress up in costume in public, but you don't think he'd wear a pirate Mickey hat? What if you got him a whole ensemble to go with it? Or, just a pirate hat with no mouse ears?

You guys will love Boma for your celebration dinner, especially since you are adventurous eaters. It one of our very favorites (unfortunately, one that we ares skipping this time).

I truly hope you NEVER have to wait an hour to ride Aladdin! Even in August, it should never be that crowded!

So, did you consider getting the QSDP now that is is free for your dates? Or is it too late since you already bought your tix? You could convert your room-only to a package with one day tickets and still probably save some cash, no?
Well, he's not embarrassed about wearing hats. He just doesn't like wearing them, other than for costumes and things. I would LOVE to do the Pirates makeover, but I think I'll save that for another trip.

WHAT????? It's come out for the genera public already? I know it came out for Visa holders. As a Canadian, we can't apply for the Disney Visa
But the general public deal does come out soon after...I'll talk to my TA.
We currently have the room-only with a CAA discount. If we choose free dining, we'll have to pay rack rate and get an extra 1 day ticket....I guess I'll do the math and go from there....

I bet the view will be wonderful on Aladdin during the evening.

I LOVE African cuisine, so I'm really looking forward to Boma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter&Wolfe View Post
Wow, you took your siblings to Disney alone that young?! That's like every teenager's dream, lucky girl!

Looks like you guys are going to have a great trip! I'm going to join in on the
journey!
Welcome to my journey!! Yes, we were SO lucky. But I had to look behind me every 10 seconds and say, "Stay close! Keep up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellybelly777 View Post
Hey sorry ive been crazy busy lately (its my birthday today soo... haha!!!)

heres the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post35787963

it should work...hopefully haha
Yay! only 107 days until we're both in disney!!!
Hey, happy belated birthday!!!! I'll go check out the PTR asap. Wow, only 106 days left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
I think it's like $10US.

Great Pez dispenser. I think I saw a Tink one today while we were out and about. Lol.
Oh, $10 isn't so bad. Is it thick? Or thin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I love this review! I am new to the trip reports board as I only started my first pre-trippie a few days ago.
That's why I am late joining, but I definitely won't miss any more fun here!
No worries about being late~! There's still lots of fun to be had. Great to have you joining in~!

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-02-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #143
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Free Dining!

As you all know, free dining is back and it will probably be out for the general public soon.

I'm really considering it. I just asked my TA about how much it would cost if I were to pay at rack-rate versus my CAA discount that I have right now.

Also, unlike in previous years, we now have to buy 2 DAY TICKETS I was only ok with one extra ticket, but an extra two? I don't have that many days, so I would end up wasting a day.

On the other hand, I bought tickets from Undercover tourist, so that extra ticket didn't really cost all that much, right?

I've allotted about $250 for food for my trip.....so maybe if the extra money I have to pay is less than that, then it would be worth it.

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #144
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Chapter 12. Oh Noes! Itinerary dilemma due to slight park hour change!

As Danica mentioned in her PTR, park hours have changed. So I took a look at the calendar to see if they've changed for the days I'll be there. And of course, it has

FORTUNATELY, it has only messed up one (maybe) thing. My HS plans. I think...Or maybe my Epcot plans too....Ok, let's figure this out.

(PS. Andrew is watching me freak out over park hours and trying to calm me down....)

So, initially, I planned to hit Epcot as soon as I check in on my first day, so I could spend lots of time at Innoventions.

My second day, I planned to resort hop until the afternoon, then go into HS and line up for Fantasmic at 8pm.

My 3rd day was my full day at Epcot, then MK for a full day, then my free day.

It worked perfectly cause I had 2 half days, 2 full days, 1 free day, and 2 full days, IN THAT ORDER.

BUT, Disney had to go mess that up. Now there is no Fantasmic on my 2nd day. They only have it on my 1st day and my 3rd day. My Epcot days basically.

All the other park hours are fine and PRETTY PERFECT if you ask me.

So what should I do? If I choose to....

OH WAIT! I think I figured it out! Yes, I AM planning this as I type it!

Ok, as I was saying, I was thinking of changing my plans so I watch Fantasmic on my first night, then 2 half days at Epcot, then resume my schedule with MK the next day. But that would be 3 days spending a lot of time in the parks.

There's actually an itinerary in the UG for splitting Epcot over two days. With options of going in the morning or the afternoon.

But just now, I thought of something even better. Switching my 2nd day and my 3rd day. Sure, I planned to have evening EMH on my full Epcot day, but I'll be getting eve EMH on my 1st night instead now, so might as well use that?

ALRIGHT, if this has been confusing so far , lemme sum it up for y'all.

Day 1
-check into Pop
-head to Epcot and tour Innoventions
-head to DTD while Illuminations is showing
-go back to Epcot after Illuminations and ride the available Future World rides

Day 2
-full day at Epcot according to the UG

Day 3
-resort hopping
-head to HS in the afternoon to line up for Fantasmic

And the rest is the same as my original plans.

What do y'all think of the changes?

Last edited by YukiPhnx; 05-04-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #145
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Looks good!

I bet, since you're going in August, you're going to find it's a lot more dead than you're expecting, and what might normally take a day doesn't take as long, so if you're worried about over-doing it, you might be okay.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #146
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

My last trip was in August too, so I have a good idea. But on my last trip, I didn't go on all the rides I wanted. Guess I'm just preparing for those more popular rides?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #147
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Free Dining Cont'd

Oh hey, I just realized. I can thinking of buying those extra 2 day tickets as an investment for my next trip.

I know I'll definitely be going back in Aug. 2013 with my siblings and 2 of my cousins.

Hm...if I look at it like that, then the price of the tickets shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

Does anybody know if I can use my snack credits to buy candy from the countries in World Showcase? If I can, I can use some of my snack credits and save some money on souvenirs.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #148
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

I do know that you can buy Candy at the POP store (we brought bags of candy home as gifts), but I am not aware of anything like that at World Showcase.

Check out this thread ... especially the part about goofy's candy store

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381706
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....

Last edited by Ted in Halifax; 05-03-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #149
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Yeah, I know you can use your snack credits at Goofy's for candy. Hop I can find out about the WS candy soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #150
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Free Dining Cont'd some more

Ok, I just found out from my TA that my trip will cost me $1124.52.

That's paying for the room at rack rate, as well as adding on 2 MYW for the both of us.

Right now, with the room discounts, I'm paying $550.49.

Which means, I'll be paying an extra $574.03.

Split that in half and it's definitely more than the $250 I saved up for food.

The upside is, I'll have 2 tickets to use for my next trip and free dining of course.

The downside is, this extra money cuts into my souvenir funds. I've already booked 2 TS meals for us, and we plan to drink around the WS, so that will all be OOP. The money I saved up encompassed all those costs.

Also, I only saved enough money for this trip. If I go for this package, I'll essentially be paying for a bit of my next trip with this trip's money. It sounds ok now, but I'll just have a lot less money to buy the souvenirs I've been saving up so hard for.

I kind of knew the free dining would come out, but I didn't prepare for it because I didn't think I would choose it. I don't eat that much anyways, so we would be wasting some CS credits and even some snack credits since the QSDP gives you 2 a day.

Gwarrrrr

Ok....I don't think I'll go for free dining after all. I'll save that for another trip, so I can better plan for it. This wouldn't have been too bad if I didn't already buy my tickets from Undercover.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: