Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #31
lilosurf11
Mouseketeer

I prefer skate shoes, like Vans or DC's. To me they are comfy, but need a little breaking in (as all shoes do.) I also take running shoes. I try to avoid wearing flip flops, but I will take them just in case my tennies get wet.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
meganb
Earning My Ears

bump, any more recent suggestions>
meganb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #33
ksloane
DIS Veteran

I've tried my Skecher tennis shoes (well broken in), traditional croc clogs, but my favorite so far (and the only ones I'll be taking this summer) are my croc flip flops!! They are SOOOOOOOOOoo comfortable. They were all I wore for our trip last summer
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
meganb
Earning My Ears

Is that the croc capri?
meganb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #35
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Mine are the athens.... them! I honestly donated 25 pairs of flip flops to the women's shelter last week because I haven't worn them in 2 years since I started wearing the croc flip flops.
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #36
disneydotlee
Mouseketeer

I bought some Keen ballerina shoes and they are soooo comfortable.
disneydotlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #37
perdidochas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vester View Post
Whats the best shoes you've ever gotten for Disneyworld?
I got some Merrill sandels two years ago for the World, thinking they would be fantastic, and they weren't.

Suggestions?

Vester
A newish pair of crocs (i.e. one that hasn't gotten soles that are worn smooth). That, or Teva sandals (not flipflops).
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #38
kwdw
DIS Veteran

Two pairs of broken in shoes - of what you know works for you.

I'm miserable in crocs and flip-flops - they don't provide what I need to be comfy all day. Others swear by them.

My New Balance walking shoes (in WIDE) are best for me. Yep - my feet get hot - but I never get blisters and my feet, legs, hips, back - are all fine by the end of the day. Sure, I'm tired - but not sore from wearing the wrong footwear. I have a spare insert - which changes the feel of the shoe just slightly if I wear them two days in a row - and taking it out at night helps the shoe dry out overnight.

I alternate with a pair of sandels by Dansko on days that I am expecting to be slightly lighter on the walking - or change shoes during the day if we are back in the room.

You gotta know YOUR feet - everyone's foot is different. If you ask around - nearly every community has a shoe store that still employs people who really know about shoes and how to fit a person based on their feet. It's a dying skill thanks to the mall and department stores - but you can still usually find these places. The one by me - it's prices are directly comparable brand by brand at other stores. The key though - they have the service - and pride themselves in making sure you buy a shoe that fits properly. Sure - they won't have the cute trendy stuff - but they do sell alot of brands mentioned in this thread.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
Minnie&Tink
Earning My Ears

All I ever wear to Disney are my Croc Capri flip flops. I can walk in them from morning until night and never feel and ounce of discomfort.
Minnie&Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #40
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

my husband swears by vibrams 5 fingers shoes.

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #41
hisgrl
Earning My Ears

Last time we went to WDW, I wore croc clogs with *gasp* socks. I know, I know, I looked goofy, but no sore feet and no blisters!
hisgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #42
jenniy122
Mouseketeer

keens
2011 - POP
2014 - POP

my blog

jenniy122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #43
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

This is going to sound crazy, but I have to take LOTS of shoes to Disney with me. I have severe PF, that has become a disability. I have Nikes I paid $150 for that give me less comfort than Crocs. However, I have to wear them lately due to a new flareup of PF. How did this flareup come about? Sketchers Shape Ups. I bought them to take the pressure off my heels, and the PF went into my ankle and I thought my foot was broken. I am now on high doses of Prednisone! Grrrr.... Oh well. Some people love the Shape ups! My doctors said DO NOT WEAR THEM! They may be fine for some people, but any change to my gait, and it will result in flareups. So anyway, in order to stop my feet from swelling till I have no ankles, I have to bring lots of shoes. The Nikes will probably start my day with a nice insert, then I will change to Crocs. I will always have 2 different pairs on hand just in case one is uncomfortable. These last couple weeks I have bought 2 pairs of Malindi Crocs (and am bidding on one more, and may buy one more from Amazon), 1 pair of Croc band sandals, 2 pairs of Teva Mush Flip Flops, 1 pair of Crocs Capris, and one pair of Crocs Havanas which are more of a dressy Croc. I know that sounds like a lot (oh yeah, I will have to have a pair of regular crocband flats, and maybe a pair of the regular beach ones), but it is imperative with my disorder. Even a slight change in the amount of tread on the bottom can seriously mess up my feet. Biggest expense in my house besides the house itself, cars, food, and Disney? My feet.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #44
mouseverse
Squirrel!

Probably not what you're looking for, but I always wear the shoes that are comfortable walking around town. I never get new shoes just for Disney because it's such a bad time to find out that those great new shoes just don't work for walking around all day.
2007: Maybe I'll finally get a chance to go to the Adventurer's Club next year!
2004:
2001: Well, at least Alien Encounter and Timekeeper are still around
2000:
1995: Horizons is amazing!
mouseverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #45
Phambiton
Mouseaholic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Tink View Post
All I ever wear to Disney are my Croc Capri flip flops. I can walk in them from morning until night and never feel and ounce of discomfort.
I ordered two pairs of Croc Capris today, thanks to your post
Phambiton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: