Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
DisneyBeagle
I also love sidewalk chalk and I love to color
Bets on neighbor's BMs
 
DisneyBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,025

Wii games for 10-11 year old boy??

I am going to purchase a present for my friend's 10 (or 11 can't remember) year old boy. I was thinking about getting him a game for their Wii.

What games do you recommend? I know that mom would prefer that the games are non violent. She really likes him to have games that the whole family can play or that several friends can play. She has mentioned that she doesn't like games where one person plays and the friends just have to sit and watch.

Help, please!!
DisneyBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
3boymthr
DIS Veteran
 
3boymthr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mass.
Posts: 5,287

Anything Mario is good especially Mario Kart. There are a few other race games out there but this is my kids favorite.

Lego Games are also favorites, Batman, Starwars and Indiana Jones. These games are all two player.

Backyard Baseball is also a favorite of my kids, but I'm not sure if it's two player or not.

They also like the Rockband and Guitar Hero Games but these can be pricey if you need to get the controllers.
__________________
(me) (dh) ds (18) ds (13) ds (11)
3boymthr is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Dh and I love Toy Story Midway Mania and I know several players can play it at once.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
cassie58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 567

I 2nd the Lego games if he doesn't have them - DS is turning 10, and we have Batman, Star Wars, and IJ. I know Harry Potter was coming out as well for Lego. There is also a Lego rockband, which is not rated T, as the regular one is. Simcity is a cool game where they can design own city(and then knock it down, which the boys find fun) - my DS has this, and we gave it as Bday gift as well. There are also Simsracing, Simsagents, etc. All the sporst games are good if he's into that, and most are 2 player - 2K baseball, Madden football, FIFA soccer, etc. Amazon.com usually has the best prices, and has reviews of each game. Target clearances games, so you could check there as well - got Simcity for $15!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
cassie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
DisneyBeagle
I also love sidewalk chalk and I love to color
Bets on neighbor's BMs
 
DisneyBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boymthr View Post
Anything Mario is good especially Mario Kart. There are a few other race games out there but this is my kids favorite.

Lego Games are also favorites, Batman, Starwars and Indiana Jones. These games are all two player.

Backyard Baseball is also a favorite of my kids, but I'm not sure if it's two player or not.

They also like the Rockband and Guitar Hero Games but these can be pricey if you need to get the controllers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Dh and I love Toy Story Midway Mania and I know several players can play it at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie58 View Post
I 2nd the Lego games if he doesn't have them - DS is turning 10, and we have Batman, Star Wars, and IJ. I know Harry Potter was coming out as well for Lego. There is also a Lego rockband, which is not rated T, as the regular one is. Simcity is a cool game where they can design own city(and then knock it down, which the boys find fun) - my DS has this, and we gave it as Bday gift as well. There are also Simsracing, Simsagents, etc. All the sporst games are good if he's into that, and most are 2 player - 2K baseball, Madden football, FIFA soccer, etc. Amazon.com usually has the best prices, and has reviews of each game. Target clearances games, so you could check there as well - got Simcity for $15!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to print these out and head to Target later in the day.
DisneyBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
CoP Luv
DIS Veteran
 
CoP Luv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 689

DH really likes Mario Galaxy or the Zelda game.
CoP Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
MickeyHereWeCome!
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 1,423

Ds really likes Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and the new Mario Bros. game.
__________________
Karen
'97, '00, '03, '05





Animal Kingdom 2002
All Star Movies 2004
All Star Movies October 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2009
Offsite Surprise Trip June 2010
Surprise Trip July 2012, Bonnet Creek/AKL
MickeyHereWeCome! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
JB2K
DIS Veteran
 
JB2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A thousand miles from WDW
Posts: 3,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeagle View Post
I am going to purchase a present for my friend's 10 (or 11 can't remember) year old boy. I was thinking about getting him a game for their Wii.

What games do you recommend? I know that mom would prefer that the games are non violent. She really likes him to have games that the whole family can play or that several friends can play. She has mentioned that she doesn't like games where one person plays and the friends just have to sit and watch.

Help, please!!
  • Lego Star Wars
  • Lego Indiana Jones
  • Lego Batman

All rated "E" for everyone and "budget-priced" at most of the big stores, everywhere...
__________________
JB2K
Disney: A family tradition for over 35 years
JB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: