Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #211
Dizney_Mike
Earning My Ears

DIS Meet trip report

We had our DIS meet today and it went off smoothly. For those who could not make it for some reason or another I will be posting pictures of the DIS meet to this thread in the upcoming week. I snapped off about 150 pictures, I am not going to put them all on here but I will put a good many here. So it will be like a DIS meet trip report if you will.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #212
DisneySunflower
Mouseketeer

We had a fabulous time! It was good to see our DIS friends and make some new ones.

Thank you Aaron, Kim, Anna, Family and Friends for a wonderful event!

DisneySunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #213
Dizney_Mike
Earning My Ears

The hall was set for people to come I arrived a little after noon and the place was pretty much set up. I brought the Pineapple Chicken with green and red bell peppers. The dish was made from scratch and it seemed to go over well as it was half gone by the end of the meet and greet.

They had a kids corner. This is empty now but soon kids will be coloring, having their faces painted and even an art class to draw Mickey.

The crowd is starting to roll in here as people start to gather this is on the right side of the hall facing the stage.

As people came in, so did the food. There was a lot of food as it was all delicious. People filled their tummies quite full. I heard Clarence say he was stuffed and couldn't eat anymore when we left at the end of the meet.

Around the room mostly in the corners and draping the stage were cardboard cutouts of various Walt Disney characters. This couple was posing for a shot taken by Dan as he graciously told the husband of the couple he would take a shot of them using their camera.

This lady was getting her picture taken by Minnie Mouse.

Of course some pin trading went on. I graciously gave two kids an extra lanyard I didn't need anymore and each got a pin by me of what they wanted. Young and old traded pins on Saturday. Here is the pin trading table.

This all I am going to do tonight, I am tired and haven't had much sleep in the past couple of days. I will post more tomorrow night.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #214
jennz
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing. I didn't even make it over to see your pins...
Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #215
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

For those who haven't seen our Facebook page we've updated our totals for Give Kids the World.

Over 100 people came out for the meet. Together we raised $1400 for Give Kids the World. You should all feel very proud of what we've accomplished for Give Kids the World. They will be very pleased with our generous donation. It's truly amazing we were able to raise that much money in a 5 hour time span.

A special thank you again to the Disney World Moms Panel who provided free goodies and several meet prizes and auction items. We truly appreciate it.

Mike....Thanks for taking all the photos yesterday. We are looking forward to seeing all of them. The pineapple chicken was excellent.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #216
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Just awesome!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #217
Dizney_Mike
Earning My Ears

Part 2 of Indy DIS meet

Remember from the first post of this report I mentioned a kids corner? Well here are some pictures of the kids with their faces being painted. One adult even got a Mickey Magical Hat painted on his cheek. Here are the pictures from the kids corner.

I don't know what this was going to be but both the face painter girl and the recipient of the face painting was smiling and joyful to get their face painted.

This girl was in the midst of getting painted like a dalmation dog on her face. From her name tag her name is Anna.

This was the finished product. She was happy to pose for a picture and happy she got it done. You will see more of her when we do the door prizes. It looked like this young girl was having a lot of fun.

Here is a little boy getting a picture painted on his cheek. There were two young girls who were doing the face painting. It looked like both knew what they were doing. One of the face painters was the teacher on how to draw mickey art class they had later on in the day.

This little girl was bashful but after it was over she got what she wanted.

Here is another of her getting a picture painted on her cheek.

This little guy didn't want to sit still he kept shaking his head back and forth. The face painter was patient with the little one and his mom held his head so she could finish.

Another one of him.

This little girl really liked what she got painted on her face.

This little girl was a little bigger than some but she sat down to get her face painted as well.

Here is our t-shirt salesman getting the Mickey Fantasia Hat on his cheek. I guess he was the only brave adult in the bunch to get their face painted. I will show you his table later but this a first glimpse of him.

In the kids corner they had faces like they have at Epcot where the kids could color the face however they wanted. Here are a couple of kids coloring in the kids corner.

Later on in the day after the face painting, they had a class on how to draw Mickey's face. The young girl teaching the class was also one of the face painters. I believe her tag said Sarah but I can't really remember.

Here are the kids trying to draw Mickey's face whether they succeded or not didn't matter they had fun doing it.

Here is a close up. Maybe you know this kid. This is one of the kids whom I gave a lanyard and a pin.

There were other activities that went on during the day here are some hula hooping and jumping rope.

A young lad trying to jump rope. They had a jump rope competition later but I was too busy talking to people to get any pictures of that.

This young lady was trying to keep the children occupied as the grownups mingled and talked. Here they are on the stage in a circle trying to make a hula hoop go around the circle without breaking hands. They had a lot of fun doing this.

Did I mention food? Here is another shot of the buffet table and how much food there was.

The kids also played twister but everytime I tried to get a shot of that they were doing something else. Oh well can't win them all. Well that's it for the kid's activities. You will see them again when we get to drawing of the door prizes.

Last edited by Dizney_Mike; 09-05-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Dizney_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #218
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Great pics, Mike.

Young lady w/ hula-hoops is Kyla. She's trying to get into the nursing program to be a pediatric nurse.
What is an FE?
DCL info thread

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL

Last edited by mdvlprof; 09-05-2010 at 07:13 PM.
mdvlprof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #219
Dizney_Mike
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
Great pics, Mike.

Young lady w/ hula-hoops is Kyla. She's trying to get into the nursing program to be a pediatric nurse.
mdvlprof thanks for that info and we wish her all the luck getting into nursing school. Its a hard one to get into. I had a sister who didn't make it through nursing school. She never said why she wouldn't go back. Oh well such is life.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #220
GoofyJediMaster
Earning My Ears

Nice pics Mike! I will post some of mine as well. My son is one of the kids that you gave a lanyard to. He was down because he couldn't find his pins to trade. You made his day! Nice picture of me getting my face painted. It was a nice Sorcer's hat. My son took a picture but it wasn't focused. It was good to talk to you during the meet.

May the Mouse be with you...

GoofyJediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #221
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

I had a great time at the meet! I wasn't able to stay very long, but it was great to put some faces to names. This was my first DIS meet and I was rather shy and intimidated as so many knew each other already so I didn't do much talking, but I'll hopefully open up a lot more on the Podcast cruise!

KristEn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #222
erin327
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

We had a great time too. Thanks to all who helped organize and host the day!
erin327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #223
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I had a great time at the meet! I wasn't able to stay very long, but it was great to put some faces to names. This was my first DIS meet and I was rather shy and intimidated as so many knew each other already so I didn't do much talking, but I'll hopefully open up a lot more on the Podcast cruise!
I can't remember if we spoke (I hope so ). I think many folks know certain people and I can certainly understand what you are saying. The reason we have the Disney scavenger hunt each year is to encourage everyone to talk to one another. It does seem to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin327 View Post
We had a great time too. Thanks to all who helped organize and host the day!
Glad you enjoyed it. So many people helped. Thanks for coming.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #224
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Great pictures so far- hope to see some more

I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find this on the Disunplugged page though
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #225
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Great pictures so far- hope to see some more

I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find this on the Disunplugged page though
There is a thread on the Unplugged board. Whenever I post to that thread it seems to leave page 1 rather quickly. I try and promote this meet as much as possible through the DIS, Facebook, and word of mouth. Inevitabley, there are always a few folks who wish they would have found out about the meet before it happened.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: