Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Exclamation New Florida Residency Requirements For Part-Year Residents

Due to the Federal REAL ID act, as of January 1, 2010, the State of Florida has stopped issuing Florida Driver's Licenses and State ID Cards to person whose primary residence is not in the State of Florida.

As Disney has allowed part-time residents of the State to purchase Florida Resident priced admission media, the following additional items are allowed for proof of Florida Residency for the purchase of tickets.

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Go to Post #24 in this thread for the latest policy, which changed August 20, 2010.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs

Last edited by Cheshire Figment; 02-02-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Refered to updated rules
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Thanks! That's good to know. I wonder how long 'till someone abuses that last one...?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
DeeDeeDis
DIS Veteran

Do you know if you are you considered a part-time resident if you attend UCF?, he is in Florida more then he is back home in Mass now. This past year he stayed on campus, but starting in August he will be renting an apartment which has a yearly lease
DeeDeeDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Hmmm I was wondering how long before someone abuses the lease one. Seems easy enough to create. Yikes!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
DeeDeeDis
DIS Veteran

abuses the lease? other then dad & I get stuck paying the total rental amount, I'm sorry I don't understand question?
DeeDeeDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Well we are landlords here in Maine and our lease would be pretty easy to duplicate with a Florida address on it.

I just think that would be easy to fake and print off your printer at home ~ have some unknown person sign it as the landlord and viola! Proof of residence. I am kind of surprised that is there.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Suellen
DIS Veteran

oops double post sorry.

Last edited by Suellen; 04-11-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

if the GAO can use fake birth certificates to enter the US 'illegally' and obtain US Passports, I'm sure faking a lease isn't one of the larger concerns here.

where there's a will, there's a way.

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDeeDis View Post
Do you know if you are you considered a part-time resident if you attend UCF?, he is in Florida more then he is back home in Mass now. This past year he stayed on campus, but starting in August he will be renting an apartment which has a yearly lease
Florida College students get Disney Resident discounts by showing their ID - my daughter goes to UCF and her first year got the Florida AP - FL College students are considered residents (by Disney, despite whatever state they are originally from).

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
TheMorgans
Mouseketeer

Where did this info come from? I work in Florida as an agency nurse. Since they did away with the part-time resident DL I was not aware that I could be eligible for Florida resident benefits.

I have a lease, renters insurance, & check stubs from a Florida hospital.

Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease.
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile insurance policy or bill or current utility bill.
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings, credit card or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

TheMorgans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorgans View Post
Where did this info come from? I work in Florida as an agency nurse. Since they did away with the part-time resident DL I was not aware that I could be eligible for Florida resident benefits.

I have a lease, renters insurance, & check stubs from a Florida hospital.

Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease.
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile insurance policy or bill or current utility bill.
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings, credit card or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

The OP works in ticketing so a safe bet its good info.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
villaofmemories
Windsor Hills

The disneyworld web site still does not indicate this. Has anyone done this for sure?
villaofmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The information was internally released Friday. I don't know it will be publicly released.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
catne
DIS Veteran

whoa! So if we own a condo in Florida we can get Florida resident annual passes? Seriously...I did not know that...was told by a Disney employee (not a ticketing employee, though) that we had to be Florida residents for more than 1/2 the year.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You have alwqays been able to do it; the identification requirements have changed. Note that you must actually be the owner of the residence; it cannot be a time share unit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: