Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Dennfamily4
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Kinda Quickie trip report 4/13-4/20 POP!

Just wanted to share a quick report.

Players: Myself, Husband, Son-16, Son-12, Son-9 and Daughter-4

Stage: POP Century, 60's Section, 4th Floor, Room#4443, 2 connecting rooms, rooms had not yet been refurbished but LOVED the location. Close to the pool but towards the back for peace and quiet. Used online check in and it worked awesome.

Views: View of Tower of Terror, Lake and unfinished resort. BTW, they was a lot of action on the uncompleted resort section. Something was for sure going on over there.

Ordered from GG for breakfast items, snacks, water and was so thrilled with their service and it was a slam dunk for us!

Day 1: 4/14 MK, Sunny and beautiful. Had breakfast at CP and it was great as far as character buffets go. Got to ride BTMRR, Splash, JC, flying carpets...did basically all of Frontier Land and Adventure Land. Returned in afternoon to resort to do some swimming. Back to MK for BBB and Spectro/Wishes.

Day 2: 4/15 HS, Sunny and beautiful. Got FP's to TOT. Had ADR at Sci-Fi for lunch. Really good food and the kids loved it. Rode some slower paced rides with plans to ride the big ones in the evening. Went back to resort to swim. Returned in evening to meet family and someone sprinkled some serious pixie dust on us. We receive FP's to ALL rides, including TSM!!! Also got hooked up with VIP seats to F! Incredible night and TSM was totally awesome!!!

Day 3: 4/16 AK, Sunny and beautiful. Took our time and got to ride everything but Everest Only had a 20 minute wait but I was the only one in our party that wanted to ride and I didn't want to hold the group up so I let this one go. Returned to resort, more swimming. Ohana ressie's at 8:20 pm. More pixie dust for us...perfect window seats for viewing wishes and also view of lighted water parade. One of our most favorite ADR's by far!!!

Day 4: 4/17 Typhoon. Sunny and then overcast. LOVE the crusher slides! So much fun! Back to resort to meet my Dad that lives in Florida. Rest. Hit DTD in the evening and it was a pure ZOO! Could hardly move through the crowds. Purchased a few goodies and quickly left.

Day 5: 4/18 Epcot. Overcast then rain. Had ADR for Akershus and was sooo disappointed Food was so-so and it was packed. Had hard time getting from table to cold buffet. Princesses zipped through quickly but we got some good shots. Was bummed though for the money we paid. Went over to soarin' around 11 and thought for sure FP's would be gone...more pixie dust...we scored! Made our way around the world and did TT before the downpours set in. We refused to lose our FP's though so we ate lunch, donned our target ponchos and ran over to the Land. Soarin' was sooooo worth it!!!! Got 1st row!! My 4 year old daughter LOVED it. Back to the resort for rest. It down-poured the rest of the evening but we needed a good rest.

Day 6: 4/19 MK. It called for a 60% chance of rain but wouldn't you know the sun was blazing bright. We did Tomorrow Land and made our way around the whole park. Riding all the things we missed the 1st day and even got to do Splash again. By 4pm or so it started to drizzle but it was just in time when we were leaving anyway with my dolewhip in hand . Oh we ate over in Liberty square (can't remember the name). Well we were trying to use some coupon they handed out in the morning for 20% off after 2:30. It was 2:05, kids starving, and we asked a server if we could use it. He said no that it's set up to work at 2:30 but he would hook us up with free desserts. There were 8 of us at the time so we thought that was a nice gesture. He did and then kept coming over to make sure we had enough and even offered us more food, etc but we didn't want to take advantage. He was sooooo nice and pleasant.

To sum up, we had a wonderful time and experienced some wonderful cast members! It was everything I had expected and more. The crowds were so doable especially for us being there during a peak time. We utilized FP's so we never waited more than 20 minutes and many times we walked right on.

Please ask any questions you may have and thanks to the board for providing such wonderful tips, etc. We used many...ADR's, GG, Suction cups in the tub to hang bathing suits, M&M container for pressed pennies just to name a few.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Sound like a great trip. Was this your first time at POP? Glad you got connecting rooms.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Dennfamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Sound like a great trip. Was this your first time at POP? Glad you got connecting rooms.
No, we were there the second year that they had opened. We had such a good time that we had to book it again. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Sounds lovely. I was there in August 2008 with T.S. Faye, and I like the rain. Keeps the lines short and the grounds cool.

How did your family do with such a range of ages? Does everyone do everything together?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: